• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXkillaXx

Banned
Years
  • Houndoom1 said:
    Use a fire type pokemon that won't KO RagiIce in one hit. Get regice's life to go to red then use ultra balls but keep alot with you for it will take a while to catch RegiIce.
    or you could use a False Swipe from Marowhawk/Cubone or Sceptile until it reaches 1 hp then use a Poke,Premier,Great or Ultra balls until it gets in but you might want to use Sing or Yawn first

SRV

Years
    • Age 33
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    trjessie579 said:
    If Deoxys is cheated for wrong, it can not be traded and won't obey you in battle, same with Mew. They have a certain bit of data in there that you can only get by actually catching them.

Well if was won through Pokemon XD and transferred to my brother's Ruby game. Is that considered for wrong?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    SRV said:
    Well if was won through Pokemon XD and transferred to my brother's Ruby game. Is that considered for wrong?
    No.

If it was aquired on Pokemon XD, and traded normally, it's perfectly fine~

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2006
    You know the old man in Shoal Cave, how he wants you to get him 4 shoal shells and shoal salt? How do you get the shoal salt??? (I've found 4 shoal shells)

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    one of them is when the place is flooded and the other is when theres no water

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
  • mindy said:
    You know the old man in Shoal Cave, how he wants you to get him 4 shoal shells and shoal salt? How do you get the shoal salt??? (I've found 4 shoal shells)
    The flow keeps changing (like ___ said) when there's water there are Shoal Shells but when there's land there's Shoal Salt.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2006
    where is the sky pillar? i can't find it on the pokenav...:\

(edit) never mind i found it...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Where?

Where can I catch Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquazza in Emerald, I've got 8 badges B.T.W.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

So you've released all three Pokemon. Now you'll need to beat the Elite 4 and once you've done that…

Kyogre – Go to the 2nd floor of the Weather Institute. Talk to the scientist at the left end and he will tell you there is heavy rain on a certain water route (I think its random). You know when you're on the right route when its raining heavily. You'll have to find a dive square on that route and dive underwater, then find the cave where Kyogre is.
    Groudon – Talk to the same scientist and he'll tell you there's a drought on a certain land route (again random). Find that route and enter a cave and Groudon will be there.
    Rayquaza – Still on top of the Sky Pillar. Still need the Mach Bike to get to it.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~

Ribbon Mint Echo!
    Years
  • Actually:

Groudon: Found in the Terra Cave after beating E4. Talk to Weather Institute scientist (the one that gave you Castform) and he'll report of a drought.

-Terra Cave Locations
    -Route 114
    -Route 115
    -Route 116
    -Route 118

Kyogre: Found in the Marine Cave after beating E4. Talk to Weather Institute scientist (the one that gave you Castform) and he'll report of a rain.

-Marine Cave Locations (found underwater)
    -Route 105
    -Route 125
    -Route 127
    -Route 129

Years
  • I need help in Emerald and it is also to do with the Battle Frontier. How do I get rid of that tree like thing (I have forgotton where) near the bottom right (I think) of the map? I know it is a Pokemon but it is begining to bug me now. Thank you for your help :confused:.

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~

Ribbon Mint Echo!
    Years
  • Oh that thing. Well, you need to have a good Pokemon somewhere around Lv. 40, and you need a Wailmer Pail. Use the Wailmer Pail on the 'tree' and it reveals to be a Lv. 40 Sudowoodo. It's the only one in the game, so you might one to save before you use the Wailmer Pail.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    If you don't have the Wailmer Pail, it is located at the Pretty Petal Flower Shop on Route 104. Talk to the girl at the top of the room and she will give you pail.

To catch the Sudowoodo (there is only ONE), SAVE FIRST. Go to your bag, select the pail, use it, and Sudo will attack you. Use attacks that it is strong against (Fire, Flying, Normal, Poison) to whittle away its HP and then toss the Poke Ball of your choice (if it takes a long time to get his HP down, I suggest Timer Ball, but UBs will always do). The crazy petrified tree with Strongbad hands is yours.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    FYI, the only thing you will find in the Artisian Cave is Smeargle. Definitely catch a couple as it is the only Poke that learns Sketch. If you are not familiar with that move, it duplicates the last move your opponent made. That means your Smeargle can learn ANY move in the game! Not only does this make your Smeargle extremely versatile, but you can use it to give TM moves to Pokes through breeding. Good luck!

BTW - try to catch Smeargle BEFORE it uses its Sketch move, or you will have to wait 10 levels before it learns Sketch again. I suggest using Spore to put it to sleep. Spore is 100% accurate. A Breeloom learns Spore and should be quick enough to attack first. I would have it hold Quick Claw just to give it an added chance.

edit: catching Smeargle

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The easiest thing to do is plant Leppa berries. In Emerald you can feed them to your Poke to replenish the PP of of your Pokes moves by 10. (insert childish laughter here)

Here is where you can get the following PP-related items. (Emerald version)

PP UP:
    Route 103 - Near the team battle with Black Belt Rhett/Guitarist Marcos
    Route 113 - Near the team battle with Collector Hector/Psychic Marlene
    Route 109 - Southeast of SwimmerM David
    Lilycove City - The middle rock on the beach east of the berry gentleman
    Meteor Falls - In the back to the right, after hopping down the ledges
    Route 123 - Near the team battle with Ninja Boy Jonas/Parasol Lady Kayley
    Victory Road - Up the ladder after the battle with Cooltrainer Shannon
    Safari Zone - Section 5 (Johto Expansion area) below the PokeBlock feeder

PP Max:
    Magma Hideout - Go left after the fork in the path
    Trick House - Complete Trick 7

Max Elixir:
    Magma Hideout - Before the PP Max
    Aqua Hideout - Bottom of the stairs then right teleporter
    Victory Road - Up the stairs after the battle with Cooltrainer Albert

Max Ether:
    Rusturf Tunnel - Straight up after the battle with Hiker Mike (Verdanturf side)
    Route 113 - Near the team battle with Twins Tori & Tia
    Mt. Pyre Summit - Examine the rock thing on the main path

Elixir:
    Route 110 - Near the team battle with Psychic Edward/Triathlete Alyssa
    Route 111 - Near the team battle with Picnicker Bianca/Kindler Hayden
    Route 119 - Near the team battle with Parasol Lady Rachel/Bird Keeper Phil
    Route 119 - Across the bridge and down after the Weather Institute
    Route 123 - Near the team battle with Hex Maniac Kindra/Collector Ed
    Victory Road - To the right of the battle with Cooltrainer Vito

Ether:
    Petalburg Woods - Near the battle with Bug Catcher James
    Route 116 - Near the team battle with School Kid Jerry/Lass Janice
    Route 113 - Under a pile of ash after the battle with Youngster Jaylen
    *There should be other, but this is all I have written down*

Hope this helps you.

Years
  • Have you tried and asking the man at the Weather Insitute to see exactly where he is then if not try the Sky Tower again. TIP: This pokmeon is at level 70, so save your game before you try to catch it.

Hopes this helps.

Ingnore what i have sait thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back