• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    can you help me guys??
    i think my emerald has a berry glitch
    i planted berry and didnt picked it up
    then after i defeated the e4 the berry's were gone (i think)
    and after a while the gym leaders still dont want a rematch(1 week and 3 days)
    then no broadcast on TV
    but i still have the lottery thingy in the dept store
    do my emerald has a berry glitch or i just imagined it?

Ralts

Don't look at me like that !!!
    Years
    can you help me guys??
    then no broadcast on TV

Are you sure have saved the game after planting the berries ?
    the gym leader's rematch is take a long time after you beat it.... Mine got 12 days.
    And the berry glitch, i think it only happen in Ruby/Sapphire

Persona

Banned
    Years
    can you help me guys??
    then no broadcast on TV

It could be a berry glitch, they may occur in your game right after owning it for a year or so. Then again, I do believe that Ralts is correct, this glitch only appears in R/S.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I believe he is referring to the rare TV occurences that come up when you defeat the Weak Five a few times. I do believe that is a glitch because I didn't battle the W5 for a few months, and then wanted to mix berries with the Master Blender again so I started beating down the W5 many times and still didn't get any TV news.

As for the berries, you should know that they don't stay on the tree forever. Each berry has its own growth period and if you don't pick them within the proper time period, they drop back into the soil. Some I have had grow back after time, but I some some of the rare berries will not. You need to make sure that you water your berry during every stage and pick it when it is done.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I'm still confused though,but i think i'm having a conclusion that it isnt a glitch after all bec.of my carelessness that i have no berrys growing(just like shanecdavis said) it takes a long time for a gym rematch(just like ralts said) and i supposed that the berry glitch only comes up for R/S so i guess it isnt a glitch after all i think

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2007
    Your game could be messed up or you mayve already gotten it. Did you check your items PC? it could get lost in there... it could still be in your Key Items pouch but thats all I can think of. You really cant throw away Key Items.

it was in the pc item storage. thank all you very much for your help. there is much rejoicing in the household.

Ralts

Don't look at me like that !!!
    Years
    I'm still confused though,but i think i'm having a conclusion that it isnt a glitch after all bec.of my carelessness that i have no berrys growing(just like shanecdavis said) it takes a long time for a gym rematch(just like ralts said) and i supposed that the berry glitch only comes up for R/S so i guess it isnt a glitch after all i think

But you still have one problem : rare TV occurences

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I already explained that one. That appears to be a legitimate glitch as I have experienced the same thing.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    That happens to me too. I had the TV on several times a day when I first beat the Elite 4, but now it's rare (but it does happen). I would think mixing records would jump start it again.

I'm still confused though,but i think i'm having a conclusion that it isnt a glitch after all bec.of my carelessness that i have no berrys growing(just like shanecdavis said)

I actually studied this a while back... I found that after three to five of inactivity with berries (as in, you don't pick them or even water them), they will disappear. I'm not sure if it's a glitch, but it IS annoying. Doesn't affect the game, though... just pick [a] berry/ies you want to harvest, and make sure to water them through every stage, pick and repeat. But don't leave them inactive.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Again, this is in regards to Emerald ONLY where after you defeat the Weak Five, you will get occasional TV events:

- The Energy Guru will sell his vitamins for half price
    - The Master Blender shows up at Lilycove Contest Hall
    - The Lilycove Department Store has a Secret Base liquidation sale on the roof
    - Swarms of rare Pokes show up on certain routes
    - The Game Corner in Mauville allegedly allows you to win more often

If you stop battling the Weak Five for a while, these events will stop. I have yet gotten them to come back, mostly because I don't bother battling the pathetic Weak Five much.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    oh so that means if you dont battle the e4 much you dont get this occurences?
    and 1 more thing what kind of pokemons appear in swarms i only experience seedot

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That has been my experience. As for the outbreaks, you can find Seedot, Nuzleaf, Skitty, and Surskit.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You only get one, but you are able to breed accordingly. You can find TM44, Rest in Lilycove City, in the house to the far east.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back