• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014

This is an edited Route 113 tileset on Ruby. The tiles outlined in green already switch using cmda6 0x1 (although I couldn't find a reference to blocks 206 and 20E in Fire Red's version of the subroutine. I don't know where to find Ruby's subroutines, which is part of my question.) What I'd like to do is add one more set of blocks that will switch using this command. What I have on top is what is currently in the rom, and the bottom part is what I would like it to be.

In the ASM, I found the section relevant to the actual switching of the blocks. Again, this is from a dissassembly of the Fire Red code, since I can't find Ruby's yet.

Spoiler:

I understand that it basically checks if the block you're walking onto is the ashy grass block (20A in the default rom) and if it is, it replaces it with the matching one (212). I have no experience with ASM, however. How would I go about adding another set of blocks to this code?

Also, what would need to be done for this to work on more than one map? I haven't checked in the rom if it does or not, because I have homework I need to get done.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    I am replacing the move Knock off with the move Wood Hammer in my game. I've changed all effects and what not, all I need left is to recolor the log that is being thrown. (Ignore Chatot) I've tried replacing it with hex editor and APE, but I'm getting no results. How do I change battle animation colors? Also, the palette viewer on VBA shows Knock off's battle animation colors to be exactly the same as Flamethrower's. If I changed this somehow, would Flamethrower's also be changed?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I looked in the other thread, I found nothing. So, I'll ask here. I read all the tutorials about using Sappy, etc. I was able to insert the music (The mid file.) correctly, however it sounds like 8-bit. (I'm trying to import the Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 Hugh theme) I've been looking though the whole internet and I haven't found any concrete answer on how to make it play fine. (Maybe it has something to do with the instruments?)

My mega huge tutorial covers this. If you don't import instruments, IT HAS NO INSTRUMENTS TO USE lol
    Read up on it: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301027

This is an edited Route 113 tileset on Ruby. The tiles outlined in green already switch using cmda6 0x1 (although I couldn't find a reference to blocks 206 and 20E in Fire Red's version of the subroutine. I don't know where to find Ruby's subroutines, which is part of my question.) What I'd like to do is add one more set of blocks that will switch using this command. What I have on top is what is currently in the rom, and the bottom part is what I would like it to be.

In the ASM, I found the section relevant to the actual switching of the blocks. Again, this is from a dissassembly of the Fire Red code, since I can't find Ruby's yet.

Spoiler:

I understand that it basically checks if the block you're walking onto is the ashy grass block (20A in the default rom) and if it is, it replaces it with the matching one (212). I have no experience with ASM, however. How would I go about adding another set of blocks to this code?

Also, what would need to be done for this to work on more than one map? I haven't checked in the rom if it does or not, because I have homework I need to get done.

Well you'd have to branch the asm routine. Usually by this:
    ldr r1, pointer
    bx r1

.align 2
    .word pointer: XXXXXX08

This makes it load the pointer to your asm, but you need to include the parts you cut out of the routine.

I am replacing the move Knock off with the move Wood Hammer in my game. I've changed all effects and what not, all I need left is to recolor the log that is being thrown. (Ignore Chatot) I've tried replacing it with hex editor and APE, but I'm getting no results. How do I change battle animation colors? Also, the palette viewer on VBA shows Knock off's battle animation colors to be exactly the same as Flamethrower's. If I changed this somehow, would Flamethrower's also be changed?

It probably would, but instead of replacing why not add? And this helps too: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7820027#post7820027

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Well you'd have to branch the asm routine. Usually by this:
    ldr r1, pointer
    bx r1

.align 2
    .word pointer: XXXXXX08

This makes it load the pointer to your asm, but you need to include the parts you cut out of the routine.

So I could add that that code to the subroutine where it is in the rom right now, and have a branch that I can write to some free space? Is there enough room to put that in there, and where in the subroutine would I put it? And do you know where the table is in Ruby?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • I am replacing the move Knock off with the move Wood Hammer in my game. I've changed all effects and what not, all I need left is to recolor the log that is being thrown. (Ignore Chatot) I've tried replacing it with hex editor and APE, but I'm getting no results. How do I change battle animation colors? Also, the palette viewer on VBA shows Knock off's battle animation colors to be exactly the same as Flamethrower's. If I changed this somehow, would Flamethrower's also be changed?

Find the palette by saving it as a Paintshop (the .pal that isn't Windows, might be Photoshop) and open it in APE and search for it. Then edit it. If they do share a palette, you will simple have to repoint some things.

85em.jpg

Its description is the same that script 05...

From what I remember, 07 runs later than 05. If i remember correctly, it is something like 05 can't move sprites because they have yet to be loaded but 07 can. Or it might be reversed. Basically, the difference is that they each are limited and you should test your script and see which one works.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
  • Well, not sure if this is a SIMPLE question, but here it goes-
    Spoiler:

I recently applied JPANS FR Hacked Engine, and when I leave the players house, it comes to a pattern of Tree tiles and Water tiles- I took a look at the situation in my Hex Editor, and those ?? popped up. Im aware the Engine deletes all scripts, but I dont remember ?? being there... Any suggestions on a way to fix it?
    (I AM using a clean FR ROM from a reliable ROM source by the way)

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Well, not sure if this is a SIMPLE question, but here it goes-
    Spoiler:

I recently applied JPANS FR Hacked Engine, and when I leave the players house, it comes to a pattern of Tree tiles and Water tiles- I took a look at the situation in my Hex Editor, and those ?? popped up. Im aware the Engine deletes all scripts, but I dont remember ?? being there... Any suggestions on a way to fix it?
    (I AM using a clean FR ROM from a reliable ROM source by the way)

Not sure if this is your problem.
    When I applied mine, the warp goes nowhere. After I fixed the warp on A-map, it goes in the right map.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • I'm not sure exactly what I did before this started happening. It may have been after I changed the power of a couple of attacks, but I don't remember. It was a long time ago. Anyway, whenever my Pokemon uses fly, the animation has glitch boxes surrounding it like this:

l56i.png

Is there any way to get rid of it? It's a little annoying. :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I'm not sure exactly what I did before this started happening. It may have been after I changed the power of a couple of attacks, but I don't remember. It was a long time ago. Anyway, whenever my Pokemon uses fly, the animation has glitch boxes surrounding it like this:

*img snipped*

I had a similar problem (minor graphical errors) with the physical/special icons after modifying a bunch of attacks. I think I solved it by making a patch and then applying it to a clean ROM.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • I'm not sure exactly what I did before this started happening. It may have been after I changed the power of a couple of attacks, but I don't remember. It was a long time ago. Anyway, whenever my Pokemon uses fly, the animation has glitch boxes surrounding it like this:

l56i.png

I would go into NSE Classic and use the bookmarks to navigate to this sprite (should be under flying or something) and see what it looks like.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I'm having a bit of a problem with one of my trainer battles. Every time I walk within a 1-step radius of it, the trainer will get the "!" and then the whole screen will go red and freeze. I've attached a screenshot of the problem in case I might have set the person event up wrong in A-map. The script itself contains nothing special, it's just a trainerbattle 0x0.

It's really annoying as all the other trainers in the map are working fine, hopefully someone can tell me what I've done wrong =/

28s7p5i.png

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Hello,

I look for the table in Emerald that set up which image is used for the map name displaying.
    You know there are many different signs like wood, green stone, bricks, dark stone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Does anybody know how the game checks if the variable 0x4050 is set to 0x2 in Fire Red? The variable is set to 0x2 during the Hall of Fame thing, and its set to 0x3 after Oak talks with you, but I can't figure out how the game checks to see if the variable is set to 0x2 or not, because I'm not seeing a compare 0x4050 0x2 in the Pallet Town level scripts.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Which space does JPANs save block free up in the RAM? is it [FONT=&quot]0x0203f400 to 0x0203f500?[/FONT]

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Which space does JPANs save block free up in the RAM? is it [FONT=&quot]0x0203f400 to 0x0203f500?[/FONT]

0x0203C000 to 0x0203C0CC
    0x0203C0CC to 0x0203C324
    0x0203C324 to 0x0203CEC4

If you're going for the adding pokemon thing I'd suggest using 0203c000 (seen) and 0203c04b (caught)
    These are the ones I'm using

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2019
    Hey everyone I have a problem with sappy. Hope someone can answer me. I assembly my .s file to sappy and I played it in sappy, it playing normal same as my midi file, but after I use it in game it playing speed become more faster than playing in sappy, how to fix it? Thanks. :)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    and regarding the bank system, yes just like deposit and withdraw, how do i make it where when someone gets a certain amount if the talk to a certain person they get a prize?

"just noticed the map for fire red has switching? for the sevii islands how do i change all the maps?
    This is controlled by some bytes which I cannot remember the location of"

Does anyone know about the map question?

what exactly is ASM, im a geeky/techy guy so i unerstand its coding, but can someone give me more details like freedom and limitations, and is there any guides to learn?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Hey everyone I have a problem with sappy. Hope someone can answer me. I assembly my .s file to sappy and I played it in sappy, it playing normal same as my midi file, but after I use it in game it playing speed become more faster than playing in sappy, how to fix it? Thanks. :)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. :(

If your song's tempo is 120 it'll be faster in-game. Change it to 121 or 119 then reassemble.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back