• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I need help with this and unless ive overlooked a response tht its been on for 4 or 5 pages .-. is there anyone that can help me with the mechanics of a Bank system simple function withdrawl andd deposit no interest. and if when you get to a certain amount youll get a prize(s)
    Learn to script. You can do this with like two variables, the paymoney, showmoney, updatemoney, givemoney, subvar, addvar and buffernumber commands fairly easily. No-one is going to do it for you.
    "just noticed the map for fire red has switching? for the sevii islands how do i change all the maps?
    This is controlled by some bytes which I cannot remember the location of"

Does anyone know about the map question?
    There is a byte somewhere that controls the Map ID that is the final one to show up in Kanto, and every ID over that is then listed for different maps. I can't remember what exactly, try searching.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Go in Item Manager or whatever and find Soul Dew. It should show a mystery value of sorts. Take that mystery value and go to the table and multiply mystery *4, then go to the pointer it shows. follow it. Disassemble or debug the routine and it should show latios and latias' numbers, so change them accordingly.
    Just one little thing, exactly which table are you talking about?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    "just noticed the map for fire red has switching? for the sevii islands how do i change all the maps?
    This is controlled by some bytes which I cannot remember the location of"

Does anyone know about the map question?"

"There is a byte somewhere that controls the Map ID that is the final one to show up in Kanto, and every ID over that is then listed for different maps. I can't remember what exactly, try searching."

That is a little more helpful does anyone know the location for the first one and the process in changing the map, or can someone link me to a guide?

and how do i add/ change music and pokemon growls

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    Is there a list of useful offsets for the different Pokemon games? I found some at Romhack.me , but I would like to know even more. Emerald is what I am looking for specifically.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Is there a list of useful offsets for the different Pokemon games? I found some at Romhack.me , but I would like to know even more. Emerald is what I am looking for specifically.

Would you be specific as to what you're looking for? Because saying "I want offsets" doesn't help us find them for you :D

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how to format JPAN's showfossil hack part of the hacked engine. I've got the image and palette inserted, but I don't know how to make the table.

For the Fossil Pointer, is it supposed to point to another section in the pre-made table to some chunk of data somewhere in the ROM and not necessarily in the table?

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • 0vc7.png

So looking at the continue screen in Emerald (and FireRed too), the [Continue] option only shows up once a game has been started and saved. If there's no readable save or a corrupted one, only the [New Game] option appears. What controls this? Is it just a flag that gets set the first time a game is saved, or is it something more complex than that?

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    Would you be specific as to what you're looking for? Because saying "I want offsets" doesn't help us find them for you :D

I was kind of hoping that someone would have a really sweet, mega list stored away somewhere with just about all the offsets on there. :) I think that would be really useful.

I specifically wanted to know where the trainer data begins in Emerald, any links to knowledge about trainer editing in hex would be awesome.

EDIT: Fire Red offsets would be okay too, since I could use those to find the Emerald offsets.

EDIT2: I believe that the offset where trainer data begins is 30B62C. A-Trainer actually gives that information. If anyone has a cool list of offsets I would still appreciate that though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Could anyone point me towards any tutorial(s) for fully editing the Pokedex Map (that shows wild Pokemon locations) in FR? I know I've something about it somewhere, can't find it with the search function though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Hey all, I started hacking Gold version, and I finally got AGIXP to work..but this happened after I ported my sprite in my game. @_@ any help would be great.

Years
  • Can i remove the default text coloring system in firered(red text for girl NPC, blue text for boy NPC)? So that all text will be black?

Years
  • There are two ways:
    1) Find Knizz's thread dealing with the table that controls this.
    2) Just change the palette.

Good luck.:D

Thank you for the aswer! can you perhaps tell me how to find the offset of the palette?

and one more thing, if i gave a color to a text in the script that is already compiled with XSE, will it messed up? if so, is there any other way around?

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Has the warp arrow glitch with the Day Night System been solved yet? I just looked at the thread and saw no mention of it. (I'm on Ruby)

If you don't know what I'm talking about, pics are in here.
    Spoiler:

Kyoko1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    Thank you for the aswer! can you perhaps tell me how to find the offset of the palette?

and one more thing, if i gave a color to a text in the script that is already compiled with XSE, will it messed up? if so, is there any other way around?

The palette is located at 0x471DEC and includes text-color and textbox-color.

Entries:

[transparent color][background_of_textbox][grey(normal)][grey_shadow][red][red_shadow][green][green_shadow][blue][blue_shadow] - and the rest is for the textbox.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
    Years
  • Can someone tell me how to make good quality support banners? Need one for my hack.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • and one more thing, if i gave a color to a text in the script that is already compiled with XSE, will it messed up? if so, is there any other way around?

Just repoint the text because it'll be larger than the original

Has the warp arrow glitch with the Day Night System been solved yet? I just looked at the thread and saw no mention of it. (I'm on Ruby)

If you don't know what I'm talking about, pics are in here.
    Spoiler:

This hasn't been solved for an game, but your best bet is to avoid using them.

Can someone tell me how to make good quality support banners? Need one for my hack.

Save it as a .PNG and not a .JPG or .JPEG

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Are there behavior bytes that will make the player exit facing a certain direction like the ones with the arrow, but without the arrow?

Well no, but there are ones that make you exit and move, so you're not on a warp when you exit. Like 60 and the one that's actually named. Play with them

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Well no, but there are ones that make you exit and move, so you're not on a warp when you exit. Like 60 and the one that's actually named. Play with them

I found warps to replace the up and down arrow warps, but not the left and right warps. Is there any way to replicate those with a script, perhaps?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back