• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltix

Don't Steal My Thunder
Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2016
    Originally Posted by Teh Blazer
    In R/S/E the secret bases have a butt ton of overworld sprites (the little things you can add in to your base) and yet it takes up so little room. Is it possible to do the same thing in Fire Red so I can include a lot of overworld sprites within a seemingly small amount of space used?

Use Jpan's Patch to increase the number of OW sprites although it will erase mostly all scripts and events on the game.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194241

You can use XSE to expand the size of your rom from 16mb to 32mb.
    • Load up your Rom.
    • Click on Tools.
    • Rom Resizer.
    • Expand.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • How would I set up a script so that you get warped and it resets all trainers on the map when you lose a fight?

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Thanks a lot everyone I'll use 1.92, wouldn't want my hack bugging up further down the line!

What's the offset you call to go to Pokemon Nickname script in Emerald?

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
    Years
  • You need to activate the National Pokedex. Here's an example.

Spoiler:

Special 0x16F activates it.

I'm sorry. But that script doesn't work for me.

Joltix

Don't Steal My Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2016
    I'm sorry. But that script doesn't work for me.

I haven't tried the script, it was just an example highlighting the special 0x16F which activates the National Pokedex.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • How would I set up a script so that you get warped and it resets all trainers on the map when you lose a fight?
    The game stores information behind whether a battle was won or lost. So you would have to check that after the battle ends (and before possible whiting out happens), and call your routine that does the required bit reseting there.

Code:
    "start battle against the predefined trainer"

"check value in ram address [battle_won/lost]
    "if lost, call @lost"
    "return to gameplay / white out depending on whether you lost or not"

@lost
    "reset bit [trainer #1]
    "reset bit [trainer #2]
    return
    I don't hack gen III so I don't know if you can do this by a simple script or do you have to call a routine during the time when asm routine for whiting out occurs. It can be done via a script in gen II, so most likely the game makers haven't dropped that possibility out of gen III games either.

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • The game stores information behind whether a battle was won or lost. So you would have to check that after the battle ends (and before possible whiting out happens), and call your routine that does the required bit reseting there.

Code:
    "start battle against the predefined trainer"

"check value in ram address [battle_won/lost]
    "if lost, call @lost"
    "return to gameplay / white out depending on whether you lost or not"

@lost
    "reset bit [trainer #1]
    "reset bit [trainer #2]
    return
    I don't hack gen III so I don't know if you can do this by a simple script or do you have to call a routine during the time when asm routine for whiting out occurs. It can be done via a script in gen II, so most likely the game makers haven't dropped that possibility out of gen III games either.
    Ok ill try it out.
    Sadly i have another question.(ive got to stop this madness) Im having trouble changing the title screen. Ive followed multiple tutorials and it never seems to work for me. I have the images and i can make an ips file that i can send who ever is willing to help out a n00b. Credit will be given if its wanted!Woot fixed it!!!!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello! I recently did some research on JPAN's Hacked engine, and I want to make a script which can show all the details of a pokemon's IV(0x0 HP
    [FONT=&quot]0x1 Attack[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]0x2 Defense[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]0x3 Speed[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]0x4 Special Attack[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]0x5 Special Deffense)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Here is my script[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]#dynamic 0x800000

#org 0x80008B
    lock
    setvar 0x8004 0x0
    special 0x6
    setvar 0x8005 0x0
    special2 0x8006 0x8
    buffernumber 0x0 0x8006
    setvar 0x8005 0x1
    special2 0x8006 0x8
    buffernumber 0x1 0x8006
    setvar 0x8005 0x2
    special2 0x8006 0x8
    buffernumber 0x2 0x8006
    special 0x6
    msgbox @1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @1
    = [buffer1] [buffer2] [buffer3]

The sscript itself has no problem but it can only show 3 values (HP value, Attack Value and Defence
    Value) , but I want to display all the six readings within one messgae box, can you help me please?
    Thanks you!
    Wael
    [/FONT]

RemixinROMulus

Crit happens...
    Years
  • Hello, I'm planning on making a fan translation of Pokemon Green. Anyone know the location of the character (numbers, letters, kana) tileset in the ROM file. Is it compressed like the Pokemon sprites? Generation I info is very sparse.

(-Moved from R&D)

Years
  • I'm using AdvanceMap 1.95. I fused Route 16 into Celadon City, then decided that I didn't want that and renamed it to something else. However, now all the maps previously with the name CELADON CITY now become ROUTE 16. I want to separate Route 16 from Celadon.

I spent three hours googling this and found nothing.

What do I do?

PM ME THE ANSWER, I WILL NOT COME BACK TO THIS THREAD.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I'm using AdvanceMap 1.95. I fused Route 16 into Celadon City, then decided that I didn't want that and renamed it to something else. However, now all the maps previously with the name CELADON CITY now become ROUTE 16. I want to separate Route 16 from Celadon.

I spent three hours googling this and found nothing.

What do I do?

PM ME THE ANSWER, I WILL NOT COME BACK TO THIS THREAD.

1: DON'T USE AMAP 1.95 since it's an unfinished beta with unfixed bugs. 1.92
    2: If you change the name then you change the name.. All maps using that name will use the newly changed name. All you have to do is make celadon city back to normal (name wise) then change it instead of renaming it.

Years
  • 1: DON'T USE AMAP 1.95 since it's an unfinished beta with unfixed bugs. 1.92
    2: If you change the name then you change the name.. All maps using that name will use the newly changed name. All you have to do is make celadon city back to normal (name wise) then change it instead of renaming it.

You are not helping. I'm doing this because I want a particular name for when the player walks into the area other than CELADON CITY, and keep CELADON CITY as it is. You can't get AMAP 1.92 anymore; it's locked at 1.95.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • You are not helping. I'm doing this because I want a particular name for when the player walks into the area other than CELADON CITY, and keep CELADON CITY as it is. You can't get AMAP 1.92 anymore; it's locked at 1.95.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3zcke4suj1v318/am1.92.zip?m=
    And to the left of where you change the text of the name, you select the names that are already in the game. So instead of changing, select and everything will stay the same.

Years
  • https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3zcke4suj1v318/am1.92.zip?m=
    And to the left of where you change the text of the name, you select the names that are already in the game. So instead of changing, select and everything will stay the same.

I don't think you understand. Route 16 is separate from Celadon City. I want Celadon City to remain an unaltered CELADON CITY, and Route 16 to become a flooded CAPE PARK.

On an unrelated note: Does anyone know how to make warps and signposts in AMAP? I'm putting a new building on the new Route 16 with a side-facing door and a sign; I can't figure out how to script the sign and I can't get the warp to work despite linking it to an actual warp.

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • Yeah I looked there and couldn't find it anywhere maybe you could provide a direct link cuz I looked through each sprite sheet and didn't find it ;-;

I know you already got an answer, but I just wanted to mention that I posted a download in the resources thread on this like a year ago. It has all 5th gen Pokemon party icons (compatible with Wichu's Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor). :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    On an unrelated note: Does anyone know how to make warps and signposts in AMAP? I'm putting a new building on the new Route 16 with a side-facing door and a sign; I can't figure out how to script the sign and I can't get the warp to work despite linking it to an actual warp.

Post images of the event tab with the warp selected + the sidebar showing and the tile of the side-facing door in a-maps block editor. (Make sure these are in spoiler tags too.)

Also is that side-facing door native to Fire Red/Leaf Green, or did you insert it?

As for scripting the sign, look up XSE tutorial by diegoisawesome and (if you have not,) get XSE from Gamer2020's toolbox thread. Should lead you on the right track.

Years
  • Post images of the event tab with the warp selected + the sidebar showing and the tile of the side-facing door in a-maps block editor. (Make sure these are in spoiler tags too.)

Also is that side-facing door native to Fire Red/Leaf Green, or did you insert it?

As for scripting the sign, look up XSE tutorial by diegoisawesome and (if you have not,) get XSE from Gamer2020's toolbox thread. Should lead you on the right track.

I really haven't inserted a side-facing door because I couldn't find one native to the game; the sign is there to imply the door's existence. I'd hoped for a north-end-Victory Road-esque door:

but that didn't happen because the building is one story.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I found a side-facing door that you could try. You may need to redo that building for it to match though.
    See the circled tile in the pic below?
    Spoiler:

Make sure the map used has 0 as tileset 1 and 7 as tileset 2. Keep in mind if you are currently using a different tileset, the map will likely have to be re-tiled so that it resembles your old map.

Also, if you have not already, start making backups. You will regret it if you muck something up.

Hello! I am doing some research on JPAN's hacked engine now, and I wanna to show all the pokemon's IV value(there should be six values in total) within one messge box, but unfortunately, I can only dispaly first 3 values.[FONT=&quot]0x0 HP[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]0x5 Special Deffense[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Here is my script:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]#dynamic 0x800000

#org 0x80019F
    lock
    setvar 0x8004 0x0
    special 0x6
    setvar 0x8005 0x0
    special2 0x8006 0x8
    buffernumber 0x0 0x8006
    setvar 0x8005 0x1
    special2 0x8006 0x8
    buffernumber 0x1 0x8006
    setvar 0x8005 0x2
    special2 0x8006 0x8
    buffernumber 0x2 0x8006
    special 0x6
    msgbox @1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @1

The script works in game, but the script itself does not recognize [buffer4] [buffer5] [buffer6]...
    can you help me please, Thank you very much! :)
    Wael
    [/FONT]

The games only have 3 buffers. You need to work around it by showing the first three stats, like you have done, then load the next three stats into the buffers, and then show the msgbox again. In game, there will be a short flicker as one textbox closes and the second one opens, but you will be able to show all the stats. This is more of a Simple Question Thread question, actually.

Years
  • Hello! I am doing some research on JPAN's hacked engine now, and I wanna to show all the pokemon's IV value(there should be six values in total) within one messge box, but unfortunately, I can only dispaly first 3 values.[FONT=&quot]0x0 HP[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]0x5 Special Deffense[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here is my script:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]#dynamic 0x800000[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]#org 0x80019F[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]lock[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]setvar 0x8004 0x0[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]special 0x6[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]setvar 0x8005 0x0[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]special2 0x8006 0x8[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]buffernumber 0x0 0x8006[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]setvar 0x8005 0x1[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]buffernumber 0x1 0x8006[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]setvar 0x8005 0x2[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]buffernumber 0x2 0x8006[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]special 0x6[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]msgbox @1 0x6[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]release[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]end[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]#org @1[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]= [buffer1] [buffer2] [buffer3][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The script works in game, but the script itself does not recognize [buffer4] [buffer5] [buffer6]...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]can you help me please, Thank you very much! :)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Wael[/FONT]
    okay my problem is solved now, this is my right script
    #org 0x80019F
    lock
    setvar 0x8004 0x0
    special 0x6
    setvar 0x8005 0x0
    special2 0x8006 0x8
    buffernumber 0x0 0x8006
    setvar 0x8005 0x1
    special2 0x8006 0x8
    buffernumber 0x1 0x8006
    setvar 0x8005 0x2
    special2 0x8006 0x8
    buffernumber 0x2 0x8006
    msgbox 0x8800345 MSG_KEEPOPEN
    setvar 0x8005 0x3
    special2 0x8006 0x8
    buffernumber 0x0 0x8006
    setvar 0x8005 0x4
    special2 0x8005 0x8
    buffernumber 0x1 0x8005
    setvar 0x8005 0x5
    special2 0x8006 0x8
    buffernumber 0x2 0x8006
    special 0x6
    msgbox 0x88003C2 MSG_FACE
    release
    end

#org 0x800345

#org 0x8003C2

But now I am working about change wild pokemon data switch, I read the JPAN's Instruction Manual, but I don't understand it at all, can u help me please? thanks :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back