• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
  • Second... Where would I place these on Unlz?
    Spoiler:

NSE has a bookmark that features the emoticons.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    Ok well theres this. It has the offsets that carry this information and maybe you can figure it out by looking at those. Idk. https://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Pokémon_3rd_Generation
    Ah I forgot about that page.

That just leaves one thing(so far as I know) about the map structure that isn't too clear there(if it was even said) and that's: how is the map data set up? What bytes correspond to what?
    If I look at it hard enough and for a long enough time I guess I could possibly figure it out, but I wouldn't be 100% sure/right about what all the bytes etc would represent. lol

Still, thanks for the link. ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    I've been looking for the patch to take out naming the rival in the introduction of FireRed. I haven't been successful, does anyone know where I can get it?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    Has anybody figured out Mega Evolutions yet for FireRed? I'm debating whether to change the starters to Snivy, Piplup, and Fennekin, or to just leave them as the Kanto starters and have Megas for them. If so, how did you do Charizard X and Y?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Has anybody figured out Mega Evolutions yet for FireRed? I'm debating whether to change the starters to Snivy, Piplup, and Fennekin, or to just leave them as the Kanto starters and have Megas for them. If so, how did you do Charizard X and Y?

Sorry, but that's not gonna happen for..a while. You probably need extreme ASM to: add in the "Mega Evolve" button, to allow sprite change, base stat change, type change and others things through the pressing of this button, and then to allow the Mega to become its natural form after the battle ends. Other than that, you're pretty much screwed. So if you do want to do it, you'd need to find some routines connected to battles.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    How to hack Steven's Pokemon when he tags with you to battle Maxie and Tabitha in Mossdeep City in Pokemon Emerald Version? I just can't find a hack guide about this. So, I post this question here. Thanks. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2022
    Hey.. Im making a hack of Pokemon emerald! But i want to change the battle bases While battling , the one where your pokemon's sprite is placed.!

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    Sorry, but that's not gonna happen for..a while. You probably need extreme ASM to: add in the "Mega Evolve" button, to allow sprite change, base stat change, type change and others things through the pressing of this button, and then to allow the Mega to become its natural form after the battle ends. Other than that, you're pretty much screwed. So if you do want to do it, you'd need to find some routines connected to battles.

Okay. Well what about permanent "mega" evolutions via items. How does one go about doing Charizard X and Y, granted that somebody could only have one mega per game?

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Okay. Well what about permanent "mega" evolutions via items. How does one go about doing Charizard X and Y, granted that somebody could only have one mega per game?

You'd need to create a new evolutionary stone(s), insert the new megapokemon (mega'mon? Megamon X?) into the ROM, then create an associate evolution from one to the other.

Here's a tutorial for step one: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296729

For step two, there are plenty of ways to do that, depending on how you want to go about it.

Step three is best accomplished using a program like YAPE or the (very impressive) G3HS.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2014
    So, I'm new to Pokémon modding, and I spent hours looking for good tutorials. As I'm not completely new to scripring and creating mods in general (I used to make VBA and batch script learning everything by myself, plus I used to create mods for GTA: SA with a very similar scripting language), I'm learning pretty quickly.

Still, I have two problems: maybe they're easy to solve, but since I didn't pay full attention to all those tutorials I found I might have skipped the solution; I'm sorry if that's the case. I'd like to know how you can set a different spawn point for the beginning of the game in Pokémon Ruby (and which program I have to use) and, also, how you can change the first dialogue with the professor, the one that comes right after starting a new game.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • So, I'm new to Pokémon modding, and I spent hours looking for good tutorials. As I'm not completely new to scripring and creating mods in general (I used to make VBA and batch script learning everything by myself, plus I used to create mods for GTA: SA with a very similar scripting language), I'm learning pretty quickly.

Still, I have two problems: maybe they're easy to solve, but since I didn't pay full attention to all those tutorials I found I might have skipped the solution; I'm sorry if that's the case. I'd like to know how you can set a different spawn point for the beginning of the game in Pokémon Ruby (and which program I have to use) and, also, how you can change the first dialogue with the professor, the one that comes right after starting a new game.

You need to use the truck remover (Also has the feature to change location from the beginning) Or the SMCA. Find it on tools section.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    So, I'm new to Pokémon modding, and I spent hours looking for good tutorials. As I'm not completely new to scripring and creating mods in general (I used to make VBA and batch script learning everything by myself, plus I used to create mods for GTA: SA with a very similar scripting language), I'm learning pretty quickly.

There's a tool out there that edits the spawn point (I forgot the name of it, but a quick search should help). And for the intro text, I would find the offset of the intro text in Advanced Text, find the pointer for it, and replace that pointer with your new pointer, which would contain your revised intro. Basically, let's say the offset of the intro is 0x123456. Basically, convert that into a pointer (so 0x123456 would become 56 34 12 08), and search for that in a hex editor. Replace the pointer with the pointer of your new offset. (so if the offset of your new text is 0x800000, your new pointer would be 00 00 00 08). Then, create your new text in xse and compile it to your new offset, and you should be set.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2014
    You need to use the truck remover (Also has the feature to change location from the beginning) Or the SMCA. Find it on tools section.
    I can't find a way to change the location from the beginning using the Truck Remover, it's like I'm stuck inside the truck without a way to get out. SMCA does work though, my only concern is the shaking screen at the beginning. Thank you. :D

And for the intro text, I would find the offset of the intro text in Advanced Text, find the pointer for it, and replace that pointer with your new pointer, which would contain your revised intro. Basically, let's say the offset of the intro is 0x123456. Basically, convert that into a pointer (so 0x123456 would become 56 34 12 08), and search for that in a hex editor. Replace the pointer with the pointer of your new offset. (so if the offset of your new text is 0x800000, your new pointer would be 00 00 00 08). Then, create your new text in xse and compile it to your new offset, and you should be set.
    I still have to try this, I'll edit my post after doing so. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Advance Text doesn't seem to work, even after adding the missing OCX file(s) in the right folder. I'm using Windows 7 by the way.
    EDIT2: I made it work following a guide. I also found a part of the dialogue (offset 1863045 in case anyone else is looking for it), so thank you very much!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    I can't find a way to change the location from the beginning using the Truck Remover, it's like I'm stuck inside the truck without a way to get out. SMCA does work though, my only concern is the shaking screen at the beginning. Thank you. :D

I still have to try this, I'll edit my post after doing so. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Advance Text doesn't seem to work, even after adding the missing OCX file(s) in the right folder. I'm using Windows 7 by the way.
    Hmm, if Advance Text doesn't work, then I would convert the professor's intro into hex, (there should be an english hex table somewhere in this forum) then search for that in a hex editor. Take note of the offset where the text starts, and convert that into a pointer. Search for the pointer, and replace it with your new pointer. You wouldn't have to convert all of the intro into hex btw, just a reasonable amount. Try that and see if it works.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2014
    I managed to edit the dialogue using Advance Text exlusively, but I have to keep the same number of characters if I want to rewrite it that way. What if I want to replace the pointer with a different one as you say? I tried using GoldFinger but I can only find 1C6D85, I don't know what to do next.

EDIT: What I'm doing wrong is probably finding the pointer. Sorry for asking, but how can I turn that into a pointer?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2019
    Hello,
    I've inserted my tileset and tilemap succesfully, which you can see in AdvanceMap, but when I open the fly-menu in VBA it shows some plain green tiles in the lower right corner. Here's a link so you can see what I mean: ht tp://i6 1.tinyp ic.co m/j7tcmf.png (remove spaces as I'm not allowed to post links). It looks great in AdvanceMap so I don't know what the problem is. I'm new to Pokémon hacking, so it I don't know what I should do. If you know what the problem is, or how to fix this, please answer. Thanks in advance.

PS Sorry if my English isn't good enough. It's not my native language

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I'm trying to create a warp in Amap, but even when I add a warp event in the event tab I can't see the warp tile to be able to drag it onto the right tile to warp. How can I fix this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    I managed to edit the dialogue using Advance Text exlusively, but I have to keep the same number of characters if I want to rewrite it that way. What if I want to replace the pointer with a different one as you say? I tried using GoldFinger but I can only find 1C6D85, I don't know what to do next.

EDIT: What I'm doing wrong is probably finding the pointer. Sorry for asking, but how can I turn that into a pointer?
    I'm assuming 0x1C6D85 is the offset of the original text? Changing it to a pointer is simple. Just rewrite it as 85 6D 1C, and add 08 to it. So 85 6D 1C 08. So if your hypothetical offset is 0xABCDEF, your pointer would be EF CD AB 08. Get it? So what I would do is create your new text, compile it, take note of where xse compiled it, turn that offset into a pointer, search for your original pointer (which was 85 6D 1C 08), and replace that with your new pointer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back