• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    That's what they call a psychometric response. You're thinking the button pressing affects the catching, when in reality it does nothing at all. It's a placebo effect.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    My brother still believes rumours like that. In Fire Red, he tried that trick with Moltres, and was absolutely shocked when it actually broke out of the ball when he'd putt it to sleep, but not taken any damage off it. Silly rumours... ^_^

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    Dumb...

Man, I can't believe I used to fall for that trick. Where does it mention Janine in FR/LG because I haven't seen her.

Years
    • Age 42
    • Seen May 22, 2005
    A little off topic, but I wanted to put in my input before I forgot.

In regards to the Charine/Janine comment.. Did anyone ever think that perhaps Koga has more than one daughter? If you actually look at it, Charine has brown hair, and is fairly young. Janine had black hair, and since Gold and Silver took place three years after Red and Blue, Charine seems much too young to have become a gym leader in only 3 years. Isn't it possible that Janine is off training on her own somewhere?

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    HariyamaGuy said:
    How do you get to islands, 4,5,6,7,8, and 9?

You gain access to islands 4-7 after defeating the Elite 4 and gaining the National Dex. You must get a special ticket from Nintendo to reach islands 8 & 9, as they contain Ho-oh, Lugia, & Deoxys

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2005
    where do you encounter sucuine (yes did pick charmander)is it just random on the islands

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I think it's also just in mainland Hoenn, although I'm not entirely sure. It would make sense though - they wouldn't exactly walk on water just to go to the small patches of grass on the islands would they? And salamenceruler04 said correctly that they aren't found in caves. Come to think of it, they weren't in caves in GSC either... ah whatever. I need sleep. ^_^

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    The legendary dogs are in any grassy area in the game, Kanto or Island after getting the National Dex. They aren't in caves, water, buildings, etc.

Iyanden

Huh??
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 24, 2004
    how can i obtain Lugia/Ho-oh Celebi , mew, jirachi and deoxys using only a Gameshark SP and a SP game boy and my LG cartidge??? please inclued instructions wiht codes ty.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Questions involving codes go in the Codes thread not the Simple Questions thread...

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    You can't just yet. You still need to capture 60 or more Pokemon to get the NationalDex. Once you get 60 Pokemon, talk to Prof. Oak to get it. Then head over to One Island. Talk to Celio inside the Pokemon Center to get the Rainbow Pass which will give you access to the islands.

Check FAQ first next time. It was already answered there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back