• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    jetsam_745 said:
    Where do you get the EXP share

you need to get 50 pokemon in your pokedex and talk to one of prof. oaks' aides, hes on the top floor of the guard house east of fuschia...

Last edited:

Styles

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    Shadow said:
    A Wonder Spot is going to be the new way of promotional events. You go near one while the Wireless Adapter is activated and use Mystery Gift to recieve promotional tickets and to make the Johto Pokemon appear in Altering/Transformation Cave. If you seriously need those Pokemon in the cave, but can't make it to a Wonder Spot, then get Colosseum. All the Pokemon in Altering/Transformation cave can be gotten from trading or trading and then breeding with Colosseum.

if a friend obtained the tickets can we use the mystery gift so i can get it from him, or would i have to get them from a Wonder Spot?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Umm...speaking of Mystery Gift, where do I input the message that gets me Mystery Gift (what do I say and where)? Also, what is the purpose of the questionaires in the pokemon marts?

Styles

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Umm...speaking of Mystery Gift, where do I input the message that gets me Mystery Gift (what do I say and where)? Also, what is the purpose of the questionaires in the pokemon marts?

go into any pokemart and go to the clipboard (the questionaire!) next to the shop keeper and enter "LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL" on the questionaire then save your game and reset it.

Years
    Ok, I read somewere that if you got the mystery gift that it would change the pokemon that you can catch in the altering cave??!!?? I did it and nothing but zubats..and when i restarted the game its said under "new game".. "mystery gift"..and when i clicked on it, it said that the wireless adapter was not connected????(confused)..some help me here...Does the mystery gift really change wat pokemon you can catch in the altering cave? And wat does the wireless adapter have to do with the mystery gift?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    The Mystery Gift function uses the Wireless Adaptor. Using a link cable won't work. Pick up a hitch-hiker that happens to have FRLG and Mystery Gift with him.

I'm not sure if using Mystery Gift changes the Pokemon inside the Altering Cave. Some have told me it's connecting into the Union Room (with other people actually being there), some say it's using the Mystery Gift function with a friend, and some say battling or trading using the Wireless Adaptor.

Note that you haven't actually USED the Mystery Gift function until you actually find another human being (or another GBA/SP with FRLG and the adaptor) and connect.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    To change the Pokemon in Altering Cave you use the Wonder Spots dotted around places (hopefully), so when you're getting the Navel Rock ticket, or Birth Island, or even World's Edge Island (if it's compatible wth FRLG) the Pokemon in Alering Cave should change.

You need Mystery Gift to get the tickets in the first place.

I believe you can also swap records... although I'm not certain of that. I can't be bothered with it... so never really check :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Beat the Elite Four. Get 60 Pokemon. Talk to Prof. Oak for the National Dex. Head over to One Island and talk to Celio inside the Pokemon Center there.

Your question was already answered in the FAQ. Please read it before asking a question next time.

Rikku-chan

♥Neko-Girl♥
    Years
    I need some help. You see I've beaten the E4 and been to Islands 1,2, & 3, but how do I get to the rest of them? I've been told to Beat the E4, get over 60 Pokemon, and get the National dex. What do I do?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back