• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    In

I don't think there's any set place. But if I had to make a guess, I'd say near the rest house in Area 2 (northeast of the Entrance Area).

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2004
    so is it right to assume you really can't finish this game with out using a bunch of cheats?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I don't know why this is, but Nintendo seem to enjoy making it next to impossible to complete your Pokedex. First, there was Mew. Ok, in Japan, you got it as soon as you caught the other 150 Pokemon, but to everywhere else, it was rare to impossible to get a legal one.

Next, Celebi. Again, the Japanese had it easy, with the event in Ilex Forest that was taken out of translated versions.

Jirachi got a lot wider distribution around the world, coming with the bonus disc you got in Colosseum (to you US people), or from Pokemon Channel for those of you in PAL areas of the world.

Recently, the Japanese got their tickets to Navel Rock, with a 15-day event where you could download the ticket from a WonderSpot. That's 14 days more than anywhere else got for Mew or Celebi.

I think Japan just loves saying to the rest of the world 'we have it easy'.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Might I ask...is there any hidden purpose to the pattern bush? When I read the blurb about it on my town map, it says that it may have a hidden meaning. Is there one? o_o;;

PazzKat

Back and looking 4 smiles!
    Years
    janus5656 said:
    Which part of the zone can you catch chansy? thanks

If you're talking about LG / FR Chanzey iz in the firzt zone, tipz for catching it would include....

Zpin around in a circle rather then running in the bruzh, you juzt wazte your time. If you find a Chanzey (rare but not impozzible) throw bait, then ball, then ball, then repeat. Chao!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    They're running around Kanto after you defeat the Elite Four. The one you run into is the one that has an advantage over your starter.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    I know, I have Squirtle so I get Raikou (which, I assure you, is the only reason I chose Squirtle over Charmander. XD), but are they just wild anywhere in Kanto? Or in a certain route?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Well, they're not everywhere are around Kanto. Obviously they're not on the Sevii Islands, but they're also not in caves. Weirdly though, they can be found on water... which is fine for Suicune, but I wouldn't know how the others did it... o_O

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    I have both FR/LG, I'm currently playing FR, where do I find:
    Larvitar
    Togepi
    Miltank
    Smeargle
    Electabuzz
    Porygon
    Unown
    Murkrow
    Can you give me the location(s) where to find these. Thanks for your help.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Larvitar - Sevault Canyon
    Togepi - Old Man on Chrono Island
    Miltank - Altering Cave (can be changed by going to a Wonder Spot)... or snatch from Jomas in Colosseum and trade over
    Smeargle - Altering Cave (can be changed by going to a Wonder Spot)... or or snatch from Snatch Grunt Biden... or capture in Studio Cave in Emerald
    Electabuzz - Power Plant
    Porygon - Game Corner for 9999 coins
    Unown - All of the Tanoby Ruins
    Murkrow - Lost Cave

You're lucky to have Fire Red, since Electabuzz and Murkrow aren't in Leaf Green... although Porygon would have been 6000 coins instead of 9999 coins... :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    ok i have most of the pokemon that abusoro named but what i really don't get is what u mean by wonder spot? i have been searching in altering cave...never found a smeargle..never saw a miltank in altering cave,,never saw a murkrow in lost cave

lol..sorry bout double post i didnt mean for it to post twice..i deleted it neway same thing as this post :\

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    jetsam_745 said:
    Does persian get more coins at higher level when using payday????
    Pokemon using Payday's level X 5 = amount of money earned each time attack is used

salamenceruler04 said:
    What pokemon in fire red have the "pick up" ability>>?<<
    The same ones as in Ru/Sa. The only one with it you can get before National Dex is Meowth (it looses it for Limbber if evolved). After you get National Dex, you can get it on Phanpy, Zigzagoon/Linoone, Aipom, and Teddiursa.

ok i have most of the pokemon that abusoro named but what i really don't get is what u mean by wonder spot? i have been searching in altering cave...never found a smeargle..never saw a miltank in altering cave,,never saw a murkrow in lost cave
    A Wonder Spot is going to be the new way of promotional events. You go near one while the Wireless Adapter is activated and use Mystery Gift to recieve promotional tickets and to make the Johto Pokemon appear in Altering/Transformation Cave. If you seriously need those Pokemon in the cave, but can't make it to a Wonder Spot, then get Colosseum. All the Pokemon in Altering/Transformation cave can be gotten from trading or trading and then breeding with Colosseum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back