• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Frogitist

Its Only a PREVIEW
    Years
    jc_rcw said:
    Actually you can, there is a VBA version that enables you to trade(I think its the 1.7.1 verion)you need to activate both roms and then do the normal stuff you would do with a link cable.

i tried it, it doesn't work

LanceLite and MaxMan said:
    No you can't. I've just tried it out, and it didn't work. There is however another (much slower) way, you can use the VBALink program found somewhere on the net, to use IP addresses to link with another computer running VBA. You can trade through that, but its pretty slow anyway.

well it depends on how fast is ur computer

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Not really. I set both VBAs to "no pause outside window" or that option so it doesn't die, and tried it. The one not selected would go slower in frameskipping, and would occasionally do weird moves when I press buttons.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    >_> It doesn't work. The official VBA site even claims it doesn't have a link function in the emulator.

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    I have tried it please believe me.Like L and M said you need to take that option of and it does go slower but its worth it.I would post the emulator I use but I can't >.<

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    ~_~; As far as I know, VBA-Link is the only (unofficial by VBA) linker for roms. There's a SYM-GB or something that allows trading too, but that's only for GBCs.

Years
    I know that I cant trade to my Sapphire yet with my FireRed but why wont my FireRed trade with the LeafGreen I just bought? I connect with a cable and it gives me no error. The text "please wait..... press B to cancel" just stays there until I grow imatient and turn them both off.

Also is Dark Physical or Special? It says Special on Serebii.net but looking at the stats for every Dark pokemon it seems that their Attack stat is higher than their Special Attack.

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Eh.. Dark is Special. And the bad of it, that's why most Dark Pokemon would have low SP Attack. I think....

You have to be at the Pokemon Center second floor, and accessing the same options from both cartridges in each Gameboy. Unless you're doing this correctly, something may be wrong with your link cable.

Years
    Can you Catch Shiney pokemon in pokemon fire red ? I nearly all pokemon, and I have found no shiney, my play time is 341:32

Years
    Thank you very much! I really want a shiney chansey, and scyther! im mental!
    I also want a shiney mewtwo...though I caught mine already :(

Nother question?!

this is a multi format question..i dunno if anyone can answer this

Munchlax and that sudowoodo thing are catchable on the new pokemon game, will you be able to transfer them onto youre carts? it might some coding to recognize the pokemon . i dunno please ^-^''

Shiny Meganium

Meganium trainer
    Years
    Does anyone know the formula for working out the HP taken off in an attack?
    All I know is that it has something to do with the level, sp.attk+sp.def or attk+def (depends which type of move you use.)

Years
    LanceLite and MaxMan said:
    Eh.. Dark is Special. And the bad of it, that's why most Dark Pokemon would have low SP Attack. I think....

You have to be at the Pokemon Center second floor, and accessing the same options from both cartridges in each Gameboy. Unless you're doing this correctly, something may be wrong with your link cable.

So SP Attack is weak to keep it balanced? Force you to learn a variaty of moves? Annoy me?

I'm using the same cable I used for GBC and pluging it into my advances. Do the advanced games need a different cable?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Seto_girl said:
    Can you Catch Shiney pokemon in pokemon fire red ? I nearly all pokemon, and I have found no shiney, my play time is 341:32
    Yes. The chances that everyone seems to say it is is 1/8192, not 80000.

Seto_girl said:
    Munchlax and that sudowoodo thing are catchable on the new pokemon game, will you be able to transfer them onto youre carts? it might some coding to recognize the pokemon . i dunno please ^-^''
    Like LanceLite said, you can't. The data for the 4th generation of Pokemon aren't in FRLGRSE. You can still trade the first 386 Pokemon back and forth between FRLGRSE and DP or battle between FRLGRSE and DP using only the first 386 Pokemon. It'll probably use the same function as GSC did with RBY.

Shiny Meganium said:
    Does anyone know the formula for working out the HP taken off in an attack?
    All I know is that it has something to do with the level, sp.attk+sp.def or attk+def (depends which type of move you use.)
    If you have NetBattle, you can use the Damage Calculator there. It's off by +/- 10% or so though so you'll need enough IQ to subtract and add 10%.

coff said:
    So SP Attack is weak to keep it balanced? Force you to learn a variaty of moves? Annoy me?

I'm using the same cable I used for GBC and pluging it into my advances. Do the advanced games need a different cable?
    It's just like that. There are plenty of Pokemon who's types are special but their stats don't match it.

trjessie579 answered your second question.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    LOL, I'm a ROM genius, I know. Its slow, VERY slow. Congrats in making the trade, I think I'm not the only one now who's done it. *boasts new shiny Raikou in Emerald*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back