• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Crazy Frogitist said:
    i tried the link thing i'm not very sure if it works cause my new com (very fast speed), after about 60mins of work i finally able to trade with LanceLite and MaxMan's idea. its extremely slow.
    ... >_>

I'm not going to wait 60 minutes to perform a trade using VBA. It'll be a lot easier (and quicker...a lot quicker) to just input a simple code.

For the above...

Yeah...Celadon Mansion, first floor to be exact.

Crazy Frogitist

Its Only a PREVIEW
    Years
    Simon said:
    ... >_>

I'm not going to wait 60 minutes to perform a trade using VBA. It'll be a lot easier (and quicker...a lot quicker) to just input a simple code.

For the above...

Yeah...Celadon Mansion, first floor to be exact.

will u can just use gameshark codes to get da pkmn u want at any lv!

to be excact its in da 1st floor at the first room to the left with the old woman sitting on da table

Years
    Hidden Power who gets STAB? It says its normal but acts as other types. Do Normal get STAB or do you get one if the move happens to be of your type?

Can I caculate IVs on caught pokemon say a level 23 ditto or something that isnt nice like level 5 or 50 or 100?

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Hidden Power: The second one. HP gets STAB from the type that your HP is: Grass, Fire, Rock, etc.

You can calculate IVs on any Pokemon so long as it's never battled before (or if it has, so long as you know its EVs). Remember that IV calculators are less accurate at lower levels.

EVs Guide: https://elitegurus.com/evs.html
    IVs Guide: https://elitegurus.com/ivs.html

More in-depth guide on GameFAQs (you'll have to copy/paste the shortcut):

https://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_rs_trainer.txt

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    Iv's are individual values, which go up to 31.They determine the type of hidden power a pokemon has.They also alter stat points just a bit.

Ev's are effort values.They alter stat points more at a great scale they are like 525 or something like that scattered through each pokemons statpoints.In netbattle you can alter them easily, in ingame they take time and effort to gain.The macho brace helps a lot in ev training.

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    Uhmm the Deoxyses have high stat points.Depends on what stats are you focusing.ubers(legendaries) have high stats

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Correction: Deoxys holds the position of highest amount of Attack, Special Attack (FR), Speed (E), Defense, and Special Defense (LG). The separate Deoxys do not hold the position of having the highest overall stats. All three Deoxys only hav e around an average of 560 in overall base stats.

The highest overall base stats of 680 is held by Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, and Lugia.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Yes, it has the highest base stat for HP, but Dragonite Timer asked for highest overall base stats, not highest single stat. Blissey's overall base stats only add up to 550.

Crazy Frogitist

Its Only a PREVIEW
    Years
    jc_rcw said:
    I don't think there is an "ev calculator" since is hard to calculate them, but maybe there is.

its not REAL hard to cauculate evs if u record the pokemon u've defeated and the evs of that pkmn use macho brace to double the evs. i'm not sure if u got a pkmn with pokerus and give it macho brace would it 4 times the evs? 4 evs equals 1 stat the maximum u got per a stastic (hp,att,def,sp.att,sp.def,sp) is 31 as some1 said before

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Dragonite Tamer said:
    Does anyone know how I can EV train because I've only just heard about it.
    .__. You gain EVs everytime your Pokemon faints another Pokemon. Every Pokemon out there gives EVs everytime you faint it. If you want to go into detail about methods of EV training then...

Rare Candy something up to a level high enough to kill most wild Pokemon (40 or 50 will do) or stick it in a Daycare until it's level is high enough (use the Move Tutors later to relearn moves you lost).

Then battle these Pokemon to gain EVs.

MCD's EV Guide from the RS FAQ said:
    Here is a short list of easily found Pokemon in the wild which you can battle for EVs. Next to each Pokemon is a number which tells how many EVs you earn for battling that Pokemon. There are other Pokemon you can battle for EVs as well but I'm only listing the ones you can easily find in the wild or a lot of trainers in-game have(excluding Elite Four).

Hit Point EVs: Marill(2), Whiscash(2), Wurmple(1), Shroomish(1), Wynaut(1), Whismur(1)
    *Rusturf Tunnel has nothing but Whismur, making it an ideal spot to train for HP EVs

Attack EVs: Mightyena(2), Sharpedo(2), Solrock(2), Baltoy(2), Poochyena(1), Goldeen(1), Machop(1), Carvanha(1), Shuppet(1)
    *In Sapphire, some floors of Mt.Pyre has nothing but Shuppets, making it an ideal spot to train for Attack EVs
    *no ideal spots available for Ruby

Defense EVs: Silcoon(2), Cascoon(2), Lairon(2), Seedot(1), Nincada(1), Sandshrew(1), Clamperl(1)
    *no ideal spots available for both versions, as anywhere with Pokemon that gives defense EV is never the most common Pokemon available in that area

Speed EVs: Linoone(2), Zigzagoon(1), Tailow(1), Wingull(1), Magikarp(1), Zubat(1), Meditite(1), Electrike(1)
    *the Underwater Cavern has nothing but Zubats and Golbats, making it an ideal place to train for speed EVs

Special Attack EVs: Magnemite(1), Oddish(1), Numel(1), Spinda(1)
    *battling Spinda is by far the easiest way to earn Sp.Attack EVs. Though that route also has some Skarmorys (defense EV) and Sandshrew (defense EV), Spinda is very common and Sp.attack is still easy to find

Special Defense EVs: Lombre(2), Tentacruel(2), Lotad(1), Tentacool(1), Swablu(1), Kecleon(1)
    *inside the Abandoned ship has nothing but tentacool and tentacruel, making it quite an ideal spot to train. However, battles aren't so frequent there, so you may want to stick with Swablu
    Keep in mind that those aren't the only Pokemon that give EVs. Every Pokemon out there gives a certain amount of EVs to one or more stats.

If you still need help, ask in the Pokemon Strats and Movesets forum. They can tell you a lot more.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Quick question: Can you trade eggs over to LG or FR through any other versions beofre you get the National Dex? I ask since I may be restarting, and I really would like a Dratini with from the beginning in FR

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Unfortunately, you can't trade Eggs to FR/LG before you get the National Dex, no matter what's in them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back