• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2005
    Kyogre-chan said:
    Actually, it depends what series of games you're talking about. For the Metal/Color Gen. games, you can use? well, I forget what it's called, but I remember seeing it on PPN, so check there. As for the recent Gameboy Advance games, try using two instances of VBALink, and it should work.

PPN ?
    Those it work for FireRed Version ?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • You decide. What moves do you want? There is no difference of the time of evolving except the moves.

FFX383

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Yes Poliwrath is the strogest but politoad has the most special attack. Either way choose poliwrath.

SleepyGomamon

I do NOT taste like ramen
    Years
  • I'm not sure how breeding works with the Nidorans.
    Say I want to get a male Nidoran who knows Take down, if I were to breed...say...a Rhydon with Take down with a female nidoran, could I end up with a male offspring who knows that move?

Also, what about Earthquake? I noticed it's in Nidoking/queen's TM list, is it possible to breed it even though it's not available to the nidorans?

Nicks

Chromeosome
    Years
  • If a pokemon cant learn a move by: leveling up, TM, Move tutor, or Eggmove, it cannon learn that move, however, your pokemon will be a female Nidoran, with takedown, reason being, The baby will always be the same species as the mother, and Nidoran is compatable with the move Takedown!

Shining Mew

A Mew??!? WHERE
    Years
  • Male Nidorans do have egg moves. Theyre the same as Nidoran F. Im not sure how they are passed on and such, I havent tried breeding Nidorans ever yet o.o

SleepyGomamon

Years
  • Yes, I know, but the TMs have the advantage of being usable with pokemon who can't get egg moves or whos breeding group doesn't normally have access to that move. I was hoping to use EQ on Gyarados or Pinser to have it for easy breeding in the dragon/bug groups.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    newbie question of all newbie questions.. how to get tm10??

yea, i know, 'pickup' ability on meowth. in fact, i'll capture 6 mewoths and walk around the grassy areas if i must, but what are the chances of actually getting tm10? i mean it's probably easier to get rare candies, right?

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    c_dog said:
    newbie question of all newbie questions.. how to get tm10??

yea, i know, 'pickup' ability on meowth. in fact, i'll capture 6 mewoths and walk around the grassy areas if i must, but what are the chances of actually getting tm10? i mean it's probably easier to get rare candies, right?
    Well first it depends on the pokemon's level and it mainly works in a trainer battle or after a trainer battle. That is when Pikcup works. It may take long to get it. I will do some resarch.

SleepyGomamon

Years
  • You'll get a mountain of common berries at first, but yes, tm10 is fairly
    common. By carrying 2 Meowths with me at all times, I now have over 50 of them, and am only just after Koga on this playthrough.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    well, i started a new game with venasaur on my team and FIVE that's right FIVE meowths.. and so far i've only been able to get a bunch of HP normals. is this suppose to happen?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back