• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
    Yay, reply #200!

But anyway, Chansey is found more often in the northern sections of the Safari Zone. I know I encountered one by entering Zone 1 from the main entrance, then surfing north across the pond and going one screen up from there. Then, within five minutes, I found a Chansey holding Lucky Egg. o.o;;

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2006
    er...how do you breed in frlg? because the daycare man only takes one pokemon...

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    you also have to recover the ruby plate too.. and celio exchanges it for a ticket that lets you go to island 1 - 7

Merovin

Dragon Master!
    Years
    Quesiton: Can Lapras Breed with Ditto? IM alsmost sure it can but ive been running round kanto for an hour now, randomly going back to the place on 4 island and no egg at all, so just to check they can breed cant they?

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Yes, Ditto can breed with any Pokemon except those in the "Unbreedable" group (which would be legendaries, babies, Unown, Nidorina/queen).

If you want a little more info, here's a copy/paste of an FAQ I wrote for another site:

The message that you'll get when the Pokemon are not compatible is "They prefer to play with other Pokemon." The phrase, and how many steps it takes to get an Egg, depends on your Pokemon's species and trainer ID number.

Different IDs and Same Species = Fast "The two seem to get along very well."
    Different IDs and Different Species OR Same IDs and Same Species = Medium "The two seem to get along."
    Same IDs and Different Species = Slow "The two don't seem to like each other."

Since your Lapras and Ditto are different species, and probably from the same game, it'll take you more steps before they'll produce an Egg, but they will eventually, don't worry. :)

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Whoa hold on. Nidorina and Nidoqueen can breed. I've bred a Nidoking and a Nidoqueen from a friend to get my custom Nidoking.
    Or .. is there something else in this that I'm not aware of?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You must be confusing NidoranF with NidoranM because it is IMPOSSIBLE to breed a Nidoking from a NidoranF. NidoranF are ALWAYS female, meaning any time you breed NidoranF, you will ALWAYS get a baby NidoranF.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Nidoking, Hatched: level 5.
    Hatched. Or met with (hatched). It isn't impossible. Probably the chances of Nidoran's born from breeding has a 50%~50% for them or something.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No, it isn't impossible. Whenever a male Pokemon and a female Pokemon breed, the baby Poke will always be the species of the female Pokemon, with these exceptions:

* The offspring of a Nidoran♀ may be a Nidoran♀ or Nidoran♂.
    * Likewise, the offspring of an Illumise may be an Illumise or a Volbeat.
    * The offspring of a Marill or Azumarill will be a Marill, unless either parent is holding the Sea Incense item, in which case the offspring will be a Azurill.
    * Likewise, the offspring of a Wobbuffet will be a Wobbuffet, unless either parent is holding the Lax Incense item, in which case the offspring will be a Wynaut.

I forgot all about the Nidoran and Illumise exceptions. Thanks for making me double-check SEM. No we know.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    *sweatdrops* Am I the confused one here? Don't ya'll have the common sense that my Nidoran has EVOLVED?
    Sorry, I believe I should've explained myself in the first place ...

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Well, I think you are confused NOW. LOL I was the confused one before. Breeding a NidoranF does give you a 50% chance of a baby NidoranM, which you evolved into Nidoking. Again, I was confused before.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Right. I'll say it again. I bred Nidoking and Nidoqueen to get a Nidoran Male ~ the evil custom one. This is the one that's evolved to my custom Nidoking. That's all.
    I'll hit you if you say "Nidoran doesn't evolve into Nidoking..", 'cause I've obviously evolved my Nidorino.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Kangaskhan can be found in Area 1 and Area 3. The best way to go about catching her is praying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back