• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbadboy3

Unknown Friend
    Years
    How come in my Firered My golbat keeps trying to evolve but it sudenly stops ? I don't press anything... Maybe it's because im in The pokemon Tower ? Help >_<

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    It's because its Happiness is high enough to evolve into Crobat, but since you don't have the National Pokedex yet, it can't.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2006
    There is a problem!!

Hey..

1)I can't save the game, I save sucesfuly and when I turn the GBA on, I begine a new game!! can any body tell me what is it??

2)what is the Pokemon type who effect perfectly on the dragon type of the last elite four?

3)how can I get the three rare Pokemons (Zapdos-Moltres & Articuno) ??
    I can only catch one with the master ball!!

Years
    Q1: Press start and select save game then if it says to overwrite then say yes.

Q2: Dragon or Ice is works effectifly against Dragon.

Q3: To capture the three legendary birds use Ultra Balls and keep the Master Ball for when getting Mewtwo in Ceaurlean(sp) Dungon.

Hope that has helped you. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2006
    Q1: Press start and select save game then if it says to overwrite then say yes.

Q2: Dragon or Ice is works effectifly against Dragon.

Q3: To capture the three legendary birds use Ultra Balls and keep the Master Ball for when getting Mewtwo in Ceaurlean(sp) Dungon.

Hope that has helped you. ^_^

Yeah, Thank you very much

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Hey..

1)I can't save the game, I save sucesfuly and when I turn the GBA on, I begine a new game!! can any body tell me what is it??

2)what is the Pokemon type who effect perfectly on the dragon type of the last elite four?

3)how can I get the three rare Pokemons (Zapdos-Moltres & Articuno) ??
    I can only catch one with the master ball!!
    1. Not sure why that is happening. Quite possibly either you bought a used cart that is corrupted, or you corrupted it yourself by using a cheating device.

2. Water-type with an Ice move.

3. The Master Ball should be reserved for your Legendary "Dog". The three birds never run away, so you should use conventional means to catch them. That means a status effect, getting its HP into the red, and then a bunch of Great Balls.

BTW - DON'T waste your MB on Mewtwo. Like the birds, Mewtwo doesn't is stationary and won't run away. There is no reason to use your one and only MB on it.

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    the move deleter is in fuschia city, i beleive. the house near the pokemon center.

i made a lot of visits to him XD

Akiyo

Send my love.
    Years
    I have a few questions:

1: What are the best moves to teach Quilava?

2: Where do I find Sea Incense (On Fire Red)

3: What is a good way to prevent sleep in battles? (Something that won't take up a turn)

4: Where is a good place to level pokemon after they reach about level 40?

5: How many Rare Candies are there in game?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    ^^ I dont know all of them so I'll answer the ones I know

3. You could use berries such as Chesto or Lum.

4. Pokemon League or Victory Road.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    2. In the Lost Cave, enter the main chamber, then head fro the door to the east, then north, then south, then north.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Answers in bold:
    I have a few questions:

1: What are the best moves to teach Quilava?

Typhlosion @ Leftovers/Petaya Berry
    Trait: Blaze
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    - Substitute
    - Sunny Day
    - Thunderpunch

Not as good as Charizard, but decent. Well, as far as crappy Fire-types go.

2: Where do I find Sea Incense (On Fire Red)

From the entrance to the Lost Cave go right, up, down, up. From the entrance go right and down for the Lax Incense.

3: What is a good way to prevent sleep in battles? (Something that won't take up a turn)

There are a couple things that will work. The first is to have a Poke with the Insomnia Ability. That prevents the Poke from even being put to sleep. The following Pokes have the Insomnia Ability:

Shuppet
    Banette
    Murkrow
    Spinarak
    Ariados
    Drowzee
    Hypno
    Hoothoot
    Noctowl

You can also have a regular Poke hold the Chesto Berry or the Lum Berry, but that will only work for one turn.

4: Where is a good place to level pokemon after they reach about level 40?

Seven Island, if you have gotten that far. There are Pokes there in the 40s and trainers have Pokes in the high 40s that give you quite a bit of Exp Points. If you are not that far than you can go through the Weak5 over and over, as long as you don't go talk to Prof. Oak and get the National Pokedex. Those are the best places.

5: How many Rare Candies are there in game?

Honestly, there are limitless amounts of Rare Candies, if you have a Poke in your team with the Pickup Ability. After a few battles, check that Poke and see what they have picked up. I believe there is a 5-10% chance it will be Rare Candy. As for stationary RC opportunities, there are nine that I have found.
    Here are the locations for the Rare Candies in FRLG:

Mt. Moon: to the right of Bug Catcher Robby.
    Underground Path (Route 6 entrance): in between the ledges to the far left.
    Rocket Game Corner: to the left of TM21 (double arrows and then down arrow).
    Pokemon Tower: Next to Channeler Emilia.
    Cycling Road: to the right of the third sign.
    Fuschia City (Warden's house): move the boulder with HM04.
    Silph Co.: south of the battle with Scientist Travis (there is also Carbos and Ultra Ball)
    Pokemon Mansion: to the right of Scientist Brayden
    Victory Road: to the right of Cooltrainer Naomi (there is also the important TM02)

Akiyo

Send my love.
    Years
    Heh, thanks for that. But with the Quilava, I just wanted to know what would be the best moves for that, it's my favourite pokemon and I just wanted to make it as good as it can be :)

Thanks.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Quilava can have the same moveset as Typhlosion, but it won't nearly be as effective and you will definitely need to use Fire Blast over Flamethrower if you intend to do sufficient damage.

Akiyo

Send my love.
    Years
    Ok, thanks for that :) In my team I also have Umbreon, Rhydon, Kabutops, Raichu, and Kangaskahn. What would the best moves be for them? If you need more info on them just tell me :) Thanks

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Ok, thanks for that :) In my team I also have Umbreon, Rhydon, Kabutops, Raichu, and Kangaskahn. What would the best moves be for them? If you need more info on them just tell me :) Thanks

I'd suggest getting another team. A strong Fighting-type with EQ (or just a subpuncher with EQ) could wipe you out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back