• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Surf has always been the standard. Hydro Pump is only used on Water-types that have low SATk (i.e. Swampert) or non-Water Pokes that won't get the STAB bonus. Even then, Surf ends up being better when you factor in accuracy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2007
    I got a question. I am on Six Island. In Ruin Valley I can't get to that cave where I get the second password to Rocket's Warehouse, not because I can't open the door, coz I know how to do that. The problem is, there is this guy that stands in front of the door, and he won't move! What do I have to do to make him go away?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    There is no difference between FR and LG. The Weak5 are the exact same:

Lorelei
    Dewgong
    Slowbro
    Cloyster
    Jynx
    Lapras

Bruno
    Onix
    Onix
    Hitmonlee
    Hitmonchan
    Machamp

Agatha
    Gengar
    Haunter
    Golbat
    Arbok
    Gengar

Lance
    Gyarados
    Aerodactyl
    Dragonair
    Dragonite
    Dragonair

Gary (Bulbasaur)
    Pidgeot
    Rhydon
    Alakazam
    Gyarados
    Exeggutor
    Charizard

Gary (Charmander)
    Pidgeot
    Rhydon
    Alakazam
    Exeggutor
    Arcanine
    Blastoise

Gary (Squirtle)
    Pidgeot
    Rhydon
    Alakazam
    Gyarados
    Arcanine
    Venusaur

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2007
    I got a question. I am on Six Island. In Ruin Valley I can't get to that cave where I get the second password to Rocket's Warehouse, not because I can't open the door, coz I know how to do that. The problem is, there is this guy that stands in front of the door, and he won't move! What do I have to do to make him go away?

hello? anyone help me? am I being frgotten?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    Is there any easier why to train my pokemon which doesn't involve the elit 4

yeah, with VS Seeker and access to all of the Sevii Islands. you can properly train certain pokes by trading the lower level pokes with your higher level pokes in-battle. the thing about the the trainers on the Sevii Islands (more specifically, 1 and 7 islands) is that you can also EV train your pokes. on 1 island, you can EV train pokes that are more designed for a higher attack by battling the "karate" trainers that have Machoke, Machamp and Primeape. you'll have to use the VS Seeker to continue battling them, and curing your pokemon is no problem considering you can just take them to that hot spring very close by. for Speed, Sp Attack, and Sp Defense EVs, you can go to 7 Island. you'll have to look for the trainers with Bollossom, Electrode, and Vileplume for those EVs. all of the trainers are nearby, and as a PLUS, you can also EV train for Attack on 7 Island by battling the trainer with Victreebel. you can EV train for defense there as well but you only get +1 defense evs from Pineco (the trainer with the Electrode will also have 2 Pineco).

you really have to be smart about EV training. let's say for one poke, you wanted to EV train the Defense and Speed stats. you'd have to battle the trainer at 7 island who has both Electrode and Pineco (after you gave it full Iron and Carbos of course). for every Electrode, you get +3 spd EVs while you get +1 def for the Pineco, so this means you'll have to go elsewhere to max out its Def when its level gets to high to train it by switching. let's say the pokemon gets to level 43 where it can then fend for itself. you'll then have to max out its Defense stat by going to Viridian forest and destroying a lot Metapod and Kakuna (which you get +2 def EV for).

so there ya go. training made easy, but somewhat time consuming. if you're young enough to do somersaults, i advise you not to get that serious about training your pokemon XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    There is no difference between FR and LG. The Weak5 are the exact same:

Lorelei
    Dewgong
    Slowbro
    Cloyster
    Jynx
    Lapras

Bruno
    Onix
    Onix
    Hitmonlee
    Hitmonchan
    Machamp

Agatha
    Gengar
    Haunter
    Golbat
    Arbok
    Gengar

Lance
    Gyarados
    Aerodactyl
    Dragonair
    Dragonite
    Dragonair

Gary (Bulbasaur)
    Pidgeot
    Rhydon
    Alakazam
    Gyarados
    Exeggutor
    Charizard

Gary (Charmander)
    Pidgeot
    Rhydon
    Alakazam
    Exeggutor
    Arcanine
    Blastoise

Gary (Squirtle)
    Pidgeot
    Rhydon
    Alakazam
    Gyarados
    Arcanine
    Venusaur

Um, this isn't...entirely accurate. Don't forget that they change their Pokes around after Lorelei returns. I don't remember the specifics right now, but I'm pretty sure that Bruno gets his hands on a Steelix, at least.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I have them, but didn't include them. The original poster was wondering if LG was different than FR so I didn't feel the need to go that far.

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    Hello, just got fire red, and i want to get entei. my m8 says u have to catch all the unowns, but i thort they were only in g/s/c, apparently im wrong. HELP

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You need to pummel whomever told you that with a reality stick. That isn't required in either FRLG or GSC. In FRLG, all you need to do is get the National Pokedex from my esteemed colleague, Prof. Oak.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back