• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    You have NO chance of getting a Nidoran-F from breeding Nidoking with Ditto. Why don't you catch one????

It wasn't a case of not being able to catch one, it was just me trying to get every little detail on that particular breed and the breeding system itself, seeing as they appear to be two sexes of the same Pokémon but in fact our separate.

I think this is because there was no Genders in the original versions of Pokémon Red Blue and Green (although I'm most probably wrong.) so instead they solved the problem by making them separate Pokémon, had they been generation 2 or 3 I think they probably would have been two variations of the same Pokémon. (Such as the new male Ralts evolution)

ss5vegeta

Poke' God
    Years
    I have quite a horrid question which I dont want to do but must, how can I clone my pokemon?

I want to clone my teams on FR/LG/R/S/E so i can put them on D/P to battle people with them whilst keeping them on their original packs.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    I have quite a horrid question which I dont want to do but must, how can I clone my pokemon?

I want to clone my teams on FR/LG/R/S/E so i can put them on D/P to battle people with them whilst keeping them on their original packs.

It's not possible to clone pokémon in FR/LG, only in Emerald.

Years
    The cloning glitch is only on Emerald. Hope this helps and in order to clone pokemon from your Fr/Lg/S/R, you must trade to Emerald to clone them.

Here is the cloning glitch. (thanks to "POKETAZ" for the duplication glitch find and "The Edge" for a simpler translation)(update by SecretSquirrel)

CLONING GLITCH/MULTI CLONING GLITCH/ITEM CLONING GLITCH. (thanks to The Edge for complete instructions)
    1.) Go to the PC in the battle tower. Must be on Emerald Version only.
    2.) Deposit the pokemon(s) you want to clone in any slot of Lanete's PC. Or, if you want to clone items, give the item(s) you want to clone to any pokemon in the PC.
    3.) Exit the computer and save your game.
    4.) Withdraw the pokemon(s) or item(s) from the PC that you stored in step two.
    5.) Talk to the lady behind the counter closest to the PC.
    6.) She will ask if you want to make a challenge. Select yes and choose any two eligible pokemon from your party.
    7.) She will tell you that you must save the game before making a challenge and ask you if that is OK. Select yes.
    8.) The game will freeze for 2-3 seconds.
    9.) After, but not during, the freeze, turn off the game. It is not necessary to save again.
    10.) When your game is turned back on, the cloned pokemon(s) or item(s) will be both in your party and in the PC.
    !WARNING! : If you deposit a pokemon between saving and talking to the link battle receptionist, it will disappear forever. The first time you try it, use a pokemon you don't care about, so you can make sure you have it right. You don't want to lose one of your precious high-leveled/legendary/one-of pokemon! Do not clone 6 Pokemon at a time" and "Don't turn off during the freeze" Both cause you to lose Pokemon and/or MS's have been confirmed in our group!"

ihaveaquestion

idonthaveaquestion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    On leaf green, when I started, i traded pokemon so i had all the starters. I got to 2nd island and my charizard learned blast burn. Then I tried teaching my venusaur frenzy plant and blastoise hydro cannon, but the old lady won't teach it... she just says "never mind." So then I tried transfering my blastoise to my fire red version, and teach him hydro cannon, but the old lady still says "never mind." On my fire red version, i havent taught one of my pokemon frenzy plant, hydro cannon, or blast burn. Why cant I teach them???

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Because she only will teach your starter, not any traded Pokes, as you can see. Don't waste a perfectly good slot with those crappy moves anyway. Attacking twice with Flamethrower in two turns does more damage than only being able to attack once in two turns with the craptacular Blast Burn.

agiht

Fo Sho Yadadamean?
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    this is a really simple question:
    should i trust any of the cheats on sites like totalvideogames.com for pokemon? heres an example of one of the cheats: if you beat the elite four 12 times mew will be in the cerulean cave.

should i trust these hints and cheats?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    this is a really simple question:
    should i trust any of the cheats on sites like totalvideogames.com for pokemon? heres an example of one of the cheats: if you beat the elite four 12 times mew will be in the cerulean cave.

should i trust these hints and cheats?

I suggest you dont. That one that you posted is false, Mew doesnt appear in Cerulean Cave at all, no matter how many times you beat the E4.

Mew is only obtainable legitimately via Nintendo Events.

Darkside

Michael Myers
    Years
    Eevee problem

i just dont get it! ive traded Eevee to sapphire, raised its happiness there to maximum and upgraded one level, but it wont evolve! Why?! Help!!!!!

Persona

Banned
    Years
    i just dont get it! ive traded Eevee to sapphire, raised its happiness there to maximum and upgraded one level, but it wont evolve! Why?! Help!!!!!

You can only evolve Eevee by using the stones. There are five different evolutions of Eevee, correct? (Excluding Leafeon and Glaceon) You either use a water stone, fire stone, leaf stone, or thunder stone. But, in FR/LG you can't evolve it to an Umbreon or Espeon, leaving you with only three choices. It depends on the type you want it to evolve to.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    He claims he traded to Sapphire and maxed out its Happiness. Sapphire has a time function and can evolve Eevee to Umbreon/Espeon.

Two things here. First, you have the "Berry Glitch" on your Sapphire version, where time on your cart stops and you cannot grow berries or evolve Happiness Pokes (like Eevee).

Second, you really haven't gotten Eevee's Happiness level high enough to evolve it.

There is a third option that involves you cheating and the game becoming corrupt, but that is unlikely. I would say you fall into the first category. You are screwed unless you can connect to Emerald or Colosseum and perform the Berry Fix.

Years
    Is there a list somewhere of the different pokemon that hatch when you breed it with a Ditto? For example, I got a Pichu after breeding a Pikachu w/ my Ditto. I also have an IggyBuff, an Elekid and a Cleffa. (actually does this question belong here or in another part of the forum? I am asking here because I have FireRed & LeafGreen).

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Is there a list somewhere of the different pokemon that hatch when you breed it with a Ditto? For example, I got a Pichu after breeding a Pikachu w/ my Ditto. I also have an IggyBuff, an Elekid and a Cleffa. (actually does this question belong here or in another part of the forum? I am asking here because I have FireRed & LeafGreen).
    Instead of a really long list of Pokes that CAN breed with Ditto, here is a short list of Pokes that CANNOT:

Unbreedable Egg Group
    Articuno
    Azurill
    Celebi
    Cleffa
    Deoxys
    Ditto
    Elekid
    Entei
    Groudon
    Ho-oh
    Igglybuff
    Jirachi
    Kyrogre
    Latias
    Latios
    Luigia
    Magby
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Moltres
    Nidoqueen
    Nidorina
    Pichu
    Raikou
    Rayquaza
    Regice
    Regirock
    Registeel
    Smoochum
    Suicune
    Togepi
    Tyrogue
    Unown
    Wynaut
    Zapdos

Years
    Leaf Green V1 and V2?

I was on the action replay site and it said there are two versions of leaf green. I have the REAL one this time because the cartridge is a light milky green. But i dont know if I have v1 or v2. my box says players choice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back