• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    is there anyway in making my eevee a girl instead of a guy?

LOL, sorry, but that sounded really funny.

You're gonna have to be lucky to do so, Eevee is one of those annoying Pokemon that mostly come as Male. There's an 87.5% chance of it being male, and 12.5% chance female with each encounter. There's no way to "make" you Eevee into a girl as far as I know (unless you play around with cheats and change the gender), so if you do find such a way besides cheating please tell!

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    is there anyway in making my eevee a girl instead of a guy?

Yes there is!

Just save in front of the poke ball before you pick it up... if Eevee isn't a gal, turn your GBA off and start again. Repeat until you have the desired gender (and, more importantly, depending on which you plan to evolve it into, the correct nature).

So I kind of lied. Once you recieve it, then all you can do is breed until you have a gal Eevee. But if you haven't picked the little furball up yet, then the above trick works perfectly.

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    Instead of a really long list of Pokes that CAN breed with Ditto, here is a short list of Pokes that CANNOT:

Unbreedable Egg Group
    Articuno
    Azurill
    Celebi
    Cleffa
    Deoxys
    Ditto
    Elekid
    Entei
    Groudon
    Ho-oh
    Igglybuff
    Jirachi
    Kyrogre
    Latias
    Latios
    Luigia
    Magby
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Moltres
    Nidoqueen
    Nidorina
    Pichu
    Raikou
    Rayquaza
    Regice
    Regirock
    Registeel
    Smoochum
    Suicune
    Togepi
    Tyrogue
    Unown
    Wynaut
    Zapdos

huh?:surprised: wot about the other nido's? nidoking/nidorino? cant they breed with ditto?

DMJ

Years
    I was on the action replay site and it said there are two versions of leaf green. I have the REAL one this time because the cartridge is a light milky green. But i dont know if I have v1 or v2. my box says players choice. So which version do I have?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    huh?:surprised: wot about the other nido's? nidoking/nidorino? cant they breed with ditto?

DMJ
    If you read it again, you will see that this is a list of Pokes that CANNOT breed with Ditto. ALL Pokes not on the list are fully able to.

I was on the action replay site and it said there are two versions of leaf green. I have the REAL one this time because the cartridge is a light milky green. But i dont know if I have v1 or v2. my box says players choice. So which version do I have?
    Ask that in the stickied cheater code forum.

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    ooooooooook, i didnt see that. sorry. new question now, i REALLY want mew, but i cant get to this final island place via action replay cc. I can get mew, with my cc, but NOT the place where u can find him properly.
    Question: WHERE DO I GET MEW FROM WITHOUT A NINTENDO EVENT OR GAMESHARK????
    DMJ

Years
    ooooooooook, i didnt see that. sorry. new question now, i REALLY want mew, but i cant get to this final island place via action replay cc. I can get mew, with my cc, but NOT the place where u can find him properly.
    Question: WHERE DO I GET MEW FROM WITHOUT A NINTENDO EVENT OR GAMESHARK????
    DMJ
    You don't.

To my knowledge, worldwide, there have only been two events, worldwide, where you could get Mew:

-A Movie 8 promotion across movie theaters in Japan in which the Old Sea Map was placed on Pokémon Emerald carts via DS Download Play.
    -An event at select Toys-R-Us locations within the USA last Fall, where you receive a Mew in a trade from the staff.

It could be possible to get the Old Sea Map through a DS Download Play, just like the Japanese promotion using Wireless Multiboot, but several pieces of the puzzle are missing; notably, the program doesn't appear to have been captured.

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    ok, thx. new question, you know wen i want to trade from LG to ruby, well ive got both the crystals/jewels, but when i try trading, the sapphire's back in my key items. ??? what the HELL is wrong with my cartridge? oh yeah, and can i get the old sea map from mystery gift?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    LOL There is nothing wrong with your cartridge. After you have acquired the two gems, you take them back to One Island and give them to Celio. He will then fix the Network Machine so you can trade with people far away.

I will take this moment answer another question that will probably be asked. You CANNOT trade from DS to GBA. You can only trade on the DS itself, with your crappy DP going in the DS slot and your FRLG going in the GBA slot.

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    Yeah, i did that, but i cant trade. i got the ruby on one island (cant really remember where) and the sapphire in the rocket warehouse. i still cant trade though. i talk to celio, and then he just basically blanks me and tells me im from pallet town lol.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    You have to have caught more than than 60 pokemon then talk to the profeesor and he will give you the national dex.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2007
    Cerulean cave.....

I have beaten the Elite 4 and wante to capture mewtwo, by entering the cave.

I see the woman gaurding the dave as she always does, and an hour ago, i dominated the elite 4 for the first time and i taught i would be admitted into the cave.

I wasnt.

Why is this?

Im baffled. Do i have to make the machine thing on one siland or something on the sevii to get in?

Thanks guys, and if this question is not thread worthy and has been answered before, please direct me to the correct thread.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Yeah, i did that, but i cant trade. i got the ruby on one island (cant really remember where) and the sapphire in the rocket warehouse. i still cant trade though. i talk to celio, and then he just basically blanks me and tells me im from pallet town lol.
    Hmm... that should have happened with Celio straight away. On his machine, are the two lights lit up? Talking to the machine should then say that "Link established with Hoenn and Kanto regions" and with the National Dex (which you say you've already gotten) you should be able to trade fine...
    I have beaten the Elite 4 and wante to capture mewtwo, by entering the cave.

I see the woman gaurding the dave as she always does, and an hour ago, i dominated the elite 4 for the first time and i taught i would be admitted into the cave.

I wasnt.

Why is this?

Im baffled. Do i have to make the machine thing on one siland or something on the sevii to get in?

Thanks guys, and if this question is not thread worthy and has been answered before, please direct me to the correct thread.
    Yes you are half correct, you have to finish all seven Sevii Islands getting the crystals for the machine and then, beat the E4 once more for that cave to open. It's different from R/B/Y.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back