• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

eevee_trainer

eevee trainer
    Years
    whos better

hitmonlee or hitmonchan? because i didnt know who to choose so i chose lee but i wanted to know if i mande a good decision

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Hitmonlee is a better fighter. Hitmonchan sucks, it's one of the worst fighting types in the game. =(

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    wisdom124 said:
    i know this is weird but can u get munchlax?

Anwser: No.

My Question: Why do people say Flamethrower (Atk 90) is better than Heat Wave? (Atk 100 and attacks both in 2 vs 2)

sunny99

Sanin of the Darkness Clan
    Years
    Shadowyoshi said:
    My Question: Why do people say Flamethrower (Atk 90) is better than Heat Wave? (Atk 100 and attacks both in 2 vs 2)

Flamethrower
    PP: 15
    Base Power: 95
    Accuracy: 100

Heat Wave
    PP: 10
    Base Power: 100
    Accuracy: 90

they both have their advantages and weaknesses since Heat Wave lacks in accuracy and PP but hits both pkmn in 2 vs 2 battles, but Flamethrower is preffered more because there isn't a big difference in their atk and has better pp and accuracy

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    Also when an attack hits both pokemons in 2v2, eg surf and heat wave, it halves the total damage =(

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I have a question for someone that knows about EV training.

Say that I switch my top Pokemon out, and let another Pokemon kill the opposing Pokemon...do both of my Pokemon recieve the same EV amount even though my first Pokemon didn't attack?

(for example I'm training a Larvitar with a Macho Brace on...against Dunsparces which give 1 Hit Point EV...say I switch and kill it with my Kadabra...does my Larvitar still get the 2 HP Ev's or is it divided, or does it receive any at all?)

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2006
    you have to get the national Dex first, since Umbreon and Espeon are Johto pokemon, then you can get them in the normal way ie. by making Eevee like you during day/night

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Patrick, yes.

Example:
    You start with Larvitar vs Dunsparce
    Switch out your Larvitar for Kadabra
    Take out Dunsparce with Kadabra

Both Larvitar and Kadabra recieve 1 HP EV (doubled if either hold Macho Brace, doubled again if either has Pokerus). Anything that earns Exp also earns EV, if you want to do multiple switchings and EV train two at once.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    While Tooth's post was spot on, as usual, I just want to clarify that if you have two Pokes, share in a battle, and one has the Pokerus/Macho Brace, the double EVs will only affect that Poke. The other Poke will get the standard points. For example:

Bagon begins a battle with Raichu.
    Bagon switches out and Marshtomp enters.
    Marshtomp is holding Macho Brace.
    Marshtomp KOs Raichu.

Marshtomp earns 6 Speed EVs, but Bagon only earns 3 Speed EVs.

BTW - Keep in mind that any Poke holding the Exp Share will also earn the EVs points that other Pokes earn in battle. For example, using our previous scenario, if Ghastly was holding the Exp Share, it would also earn 3 Speed EVs.

kiarou

cold and silent
    Years
    why cant my pokeon evolve?
    my larvitar is lvl 36, and right b4 it about to evolve, it stops and says
    "...?"
    same with my houndour
    =/ plz help

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    kiarou said:
    no, i even let go of the gameboy and it still went ...?
    How did you get those Pokemon?

I'm thinking it's because you haven't obtained the National Pokedex yet...and because of that you technically aren't supposed to have Johto/Hoenn Pokemon until you have it.

I'm thinking you traded them over from another FR/LG? or used a Gameshark/AR code to get them?

Anyway beating the Elite 4, and having 70+ Pokemon...should allow you to get the National Dex, and solve your problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back