• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Yes, the max for all the stats is 510. That means you can only max out two of the six stats. You don't have to max out any stats though, you can put EVs in many different stats until you use up all 510. For instance, the standard Suicune's EVs are:

168 HP / 212 Def / 16 Spd / 56 SAtk / 56 SDef

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2006
    I just received the national pokedex on emerald.. I was wondering if I can trade with my leaf green which is right at the beginning.. is this possible or do I have to beat leaf green first?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Not only do you have to beat the E4 in LeafGreen, but you also have to help restore the Network Machine on One Island by finding the Ruby and Sapphire gems too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Kabuterimon said:
    hey um how do i trade my lv 100 rayquaza from Emerald to FR?

See the previous message.

Quick question from someone who never tried it and is just curious: Are the elemental Hyper Beams Egg Moves?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    mathrocks12345 said:
    Also, where is the dragon scale (one to evolve seadra) located in FRLG?
    It's on Island 6, on your way to Ruin Valley surf all the way South East it should be there on a little strip of land.

I'm pretty sure you have to go back to the Rocket's Base on Island 5 and you'll find the scientist who stole the Sapphire Plate there.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Ichapokemr said:
    Quick question from someone who never tried it and is just curious: Are the elemental Hyper Beams Egg Moves?
    Thankfully no. The three Elemental moves can only be learned by the Kanto starters. They are equally as bad as using Hyper Beam. Avoid them at all cost.

Kabuterimon said:
    i have the ruby i just need the shapphire right now im stuck in dotted cave and i cant read the dots somebody help me
    Since you are in the cave, I will assume you used the HM Cut to get inside. You must be in the room with four doors. The braille reads "UP", then "LEFT", then "RIGHT", and then "DOWN". Here you will find a room with a ton of braille. If you care to know, it says "LET THE TWO GLITTERING STONES ONE IS RED ONE IS BLUE CONNECT THE PAST. TWO FRIENDS SHARING POWER OPEN A WINDOW TO A NEW WORLD THAT GLOWS. THE NEXT WORLD WAITS FOR YOU." Anyways, you will find the Sapphire there, but a scientist will drop in and take it. You do get the second password here though so get your butt to Five Island.

mathrocks12345 said:
    Also, where is the dragon scale (one to evolve seadra) located in FRLG?
    You can win a Dragon Scale by beating the Trainer Tower in Double Mode. You can also find one in Ruin Valley. Surf all the way right and then all the way down. There is a small spot of land and you will find it there.

Years
  • Kabuterimon said:
    ok thanks um now im stuck in the rocket ware house more help or is there no way to get past it? if there is help can i get some?
    Taken from Gamefaqs.com:
    Now then, inside the warehouse is another of the directional tile puzzles from
    before. Start out by taking the tiles pointing left. When you land, avoid the
    directional tiles and walk up along the floor till you reach a tile heading
    right. When you land, go right one space and all the way down. Now go left
    and pick up the Big Pearl. Take the tiles heading left again. Take the same
    route as last time till you reach the long line of arrows pointing down. Ride
    them and walk along the floor to pick up a Pearl. Ride the arrows pointing up
    and grab the Up-grade, then fight the Grunt, who has two Houndours. Beat her
    up, then go right and take the left column of down arrows (the ones stacked
    three high). Go up along the floor and fight the next Grunt. Now ride the
    arrows that are positioned directly left of the Grunt.

Long path, huh? Follow the path of the floor and don't step on any arrows.
    Take the TM36 - Sludge Bomb off the table, then ride the arrows pointing
    straight down toward a stop tile. Walk down and fight the Grunt, then continue
    down to the arrows heading right. Well, you've made it this far. Go fight the
    Rocket Admin, who carries a Muk, Arbok and Vileplume. After beating her,
    she'll change the direction of the arrows south of you so you can easily return
    to this spot if you want to leave and rest up.

tungazzio

Unown Control (Humane)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2012
    Is there any way to play FRLG online with the wireless adapter over wifi?

tungazzio

Unown Control (Humane)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2012
    ~Patrick~ said:
    No only DS games are Wifi compatible.

Yeah, I mean is there some tricksy way I can configure my computer or router to communicate with the adapter?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    No. The Wireless Adapter WILL NOT connect to Wi-Fi, no matter what you do.

shanecdavis said:
    Thankfully no. The three Elemental moves can only be learned by the Kanto starters. They are equally as bad as using Hyper Beam. Avoid them at all cost.

Of course I don't use them. I was just wondering, really, especially since the Johto starters from XD come with them.

and Patrick, I didn't say that, so I'd appreciate it if you fixed your post.

tungazzio

Unown Control (Humane)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2012
    Ichapokemr said:
    No. The Wireless Adapter WILL NOT connect to Wi-Fi, no matter what you do.

Of course I don't use them. I was just wondering, really, especially since the Johto starters from XD come with them.

and Patrick, I didn't say that, so I'd appreciate it if you fixed your post.

All right, oh well.

What's so bad about the elemental beams? As long as you don't rely on them for the entire battle they make great finishers, and if they fail you don't miss a turn. Power it up with weather, type and item and it'll be at over 370 attack. That's pretty good, without even taking account of weakness or critical hits. They're not 100% accurate but unless you're playing to be the best of all people they're pretty fun.

tungazzio

Unown Control (Humane)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2012
    You can go to Saffron before heading out to Cinnabar, but you need the tea from the old woman in the Celadon mansion.
    FR/LG can link up with R/S but only after you've earnt it - first you have to defeat the Elite 4 and then do a small quest to make the machine work.

Years
  • Thats what threw me off, I kept thinking that I needed Fresh water to get past the guards. Thanx.

On island 1, what are the two Rocket members doing in mount ember?
    Is that where i get either the ruby or sapphire?
    And what do I need to do to get them to open the cave? ( There is guna b a cave there right?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back