• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    That's where the Sapphire is at first, yes...I believe. Of course, then it gets swiped and you have to go all over the place to get it back.

tungazzio: They don't work because they require a turn to cool off, and more damage can be done in the same number of turns with two of another attack of the same type, so it isn't worth it. The accuracy also isn't as good as those other attacks, so you can have a stupid 5-PP attack that costs you a turn in which the non-KOed opponent's Pokemon can kill you or a 15+ PP attack that does even more damage and doesn't give your opponent a chance to regroup.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2006
    I'm trying to add HP (hidden power) fly on my charizard, but I don't know how to actually "add" it.. is it completely random or is there a way to get a definite move? I've also heard that the power ranges between 30 and 70.. is this true? if so.. how can i get that definite? is that random as well? thanks a lot.

edit: just going to add.. i can't seem to get myself on the other islands.. i'm stuck on one two and three only.. i've already beaten the elite four and helped ceiclo(sp?) get his daughter (i think) back from that hypno guy. i was told that you were suppose to fight the two rockets up near the mountain, but all they're doing is talking and telling me i'm in the way. i tried talking to bill and ceiclo again and then going back to the two rockets.. still no go.. can anyone help?

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    salamenceruler04 said:
    What is a website that tells me when pokemon evolve and at which levels they learn moves?
    www.serebii.net
    www.smogon.com
    www.psypokes.com
    www.metalkid.org

noitangidni said:
    I'm trying to add HP (hidden power) fly on my charizard, but I don't know how to actually "add" it.. is it completely random or is there a way to get a definite move? I've also heard that the power ranges between 30 and 70.. is this true? if so.. how can i get that definite? is that random as well? thanks a lot.
    The power and type of the Hidden Power move is totally dependant on your Poke's IVs. The moment you catch/hatch a Poke, its IVs are set. To get the most powerful move (70 AP), it takes almost near perfect IVs. There are roughly over 887 million different IV combinations, so your chances are pretty nill. That is why I never believe anyone that claims to have a Poke with a proper HP type and almost perfect stats. The odds are over 1:887,000,000. You have a better chance at winning the lottery. Most people resort to cheating in order to get the proper type/power of their HP.

noitangidni said:
    edit: just going to add.. i can't seem to get myself on the other islands.. i'm stuck on one two and three only.. i've already beaten the elite four and helped ceiclo(sp?) get his daughter (i think) back from that hypno guy. i was told that you were suppose to fight the two rockets up near the mountain, but all they're doing is talking and telling me i'm in the way. i tried talking to bill and ceiclo again and then going back to the two rockets.. still no go.. can anyone help?
    Your problem is that you don't have the National Pokedex. If you have more than 60 species owned (evolutions count), then go back and talk to Prof. Oak and he will give it to you. You will now be able to fight the Grunts and progress through the game. Keep in mind that once you get the NP, you will not be able to battle the E4 any more until you assist Lorelei on Four Island.

turdsmurf said:
    how do you get jeriachi (however you spell it) in leafgreen?
    You cannot get Jirachi in any of the advanced games. You either get it from a Nintendo Event (this year is Mew, iirc) or if you can find the Colosseum Bonus Disk on eBay, that would work as well. Again, most people resort to cheating.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    shanecdavis said:
    The power and type of the Hidden Power move is totally dependant on your Poke's IVs. The moment you catch/hatch a Poke, its IVs are set. To get the most powerful move (70 AP), it takes almost near perfect IVs. There are roughly over 887 million different IV combinations, so your chances are pretty nill. That is why I never believe anyone that claims to have a Poke with a proper HP type and almost perfect stats. The odds are over 1:887,000,000. You have a better chance at winning the lottery. Most people resort to cheating in order to get the proper type/power of their HP.

Actually, I think they were talking about HM02 Fly. In that case, you just use the HM, erase a move, and POOF, your Charizard knows Fly. And no, Fly's ATK doesn't vary.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No, they were talking about HP [Flying]:
    noitangidni said:
    Also, please don't encourage anyone to teach Charizard Fly. Reserve Fly for a crappy Poke that you won't use much. Bring it out when you need to fly somewhere. Put it back in the PC when you need to seriously battle.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No, wild Meowth do not hold any items. That said, if you have a Meowth on your team and you do battle, there is a chance that its Pickup Ability will pick up an item, and 10% (iirc) of the time it will be a Rare Candy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Sr?

shanecdavis: I wasn't encouraging anything. That's what I thought the question was.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    OH, Soft Reset, okay (I know what that is, but I just never heard the abbreviation). Don't even bother buying the Magikarp when you can fish for them all you want.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Ichapokemr said:
    shanecdavis: I wasn't encouraging anything. That's what I thought the question was.
    No worries. My apologies if that came off too strong. I was just stressing the point the good (or even decent) Pokes should not be taught Fly, or any HM not called Surf for that matter, that you plan on using competitively. It wastes a whole turn every time you use it, plus if you are battling against another person, they get a free turn to switch out and bring in a Poke that resists that move. The only exception to this is if you are using Fly as part of a stall strategy (Fly + Toxic + Mean Look, for example), but even that is a waste of a moveset in most instances.

As for doing an SR before you buy a Magikarp, I am pretty certain that the shiny factor only plays into wild Pokes. You can try it, but it very well could be a colossal waste of time. Personally, I think the whole SR for a shiny thing is a colossal waste of time in of itself, but that is just my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2006
    How would one teach an egg moves? I'm trying to learn belly drum on my Charizard and Wish on my Eevee. Any help?

Years
  • Ok, I've beat the elite 4 and got the national dex and alllll that stuff, and I've already got the ruby plate. But now for the sapphire plate, I know i go to the sixth island and go to the place and im suppose to use cut...but there is a scientist standing in front of the intrance..how do i get him to move?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    noitangidni said:
    How would one teach an egg moves? I'm trying to learn belly drum on my Charizard and Wish on my Eevee. Any help?
    Egg moves are learned through breeding only. If a male Poke knows a move that is on the baby's egg move list, then when you breed, the baby will be born knowing that move. For example, to get Belly Drum on Charizard, you need to breed a male Snorlax that has learned Belly Drum (Lv13) with a female Charizard. Getting Wish on Eevee is a little more difficult. First you have to breed a male Togetic that knows Wish (Lv29) with a female Skitty or Pikachu until you get a male Skitty or Pikachu baby. Then you have to breed that male Skitty/Pikachu with a female Eevee. Good luck.

salamenceruler04 said:
    Ok, I've beat the elite 4 and got the national dex and alllll that stuff, and I've already got the ruby plate. But now for the sapphire plate, I know i go to the sixth island and go to the place and im suppose to use cut...but there is a scientist standing in front of the intrance..how do i get him to move?
    Did you complete Four Island already? That is the only reason I can think of that you wouldn't be able to get in that door.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Resetting your game 427 times to get a Poke that is a different color isn't a waste???? Well, its your free time, I guess. To each their own.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back