• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually, that is Seven Island. I believe they are talking about the uber-craptacular Unown that can be found in Sevault Canyon.

max2do

golden~phoenix
    Years
  • yeah she refers to the uknown.

i have a couple of questions
    is there any secret in the pattern bush on six island???
    how about the altering cave, is there anything special in there???

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • Pattern Bush holds no secrets. It's just a place to gain experience and catch ledyba.

I have a larvitar that I got using my action replay. I raised it to level 75 (training) and like everytime it goes into the evolution screen he lights up and it just stops and goes "..?"

No he is not holding an everstone, and no I don't hold b. Anyone know what's wrong?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    yeah she refers to the uknown.

i have a couple of questions
    is there any secret in the pattern bush on six island???
    how about the altering cave, is there anything special in there???
    As it was said, there is nothing special to Pattern Bush, other than it is the only place to catch Ledyba (whoopdeedoo), Spinarak (zzzzzzzzz), and the rare Heracross (must have).

Altering Cave has no function and is only occupied by Zubat. It was supposed to full of different species of rare Johto Pokes (Smeargle, Pineco, Stantler, etc.) that would change every time you used Mystery Gift. Sadly that was either overlooked upon production or they just changed their mind, leaving an anti-climatic cave full of nothing.

Pattern Bush holds no secrets. It's just a place to gain experience and catch ledyba.

I have a larvitar that I got using my action replay. I raised it to level 75 (training) and like everytime it goes into the evolution screen he lights up and it just stops and goes "..?"

No he is not holding an everstone, and no I don't hold b. Anyone know what's wrong?
    You must have cheated before you got the National Pokedex. No non-Kanto Pokes will evolve until you have it. No Happiness evos, no normal evos, and especially no cheating evos.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • How can I trade over to my brother when we both have DS Lites? We also have one GBA SP and a Link and I think even the two wireless adapters.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I don't believe you can. The DS does not support the link cable and doesn't have compatibility with the wireless connector that comes with FRLG and Emerald.

Years
  • How can I trade over to my brother when we both have DS Lites? We also have one GBA SP and a Link and I think even the two wireless adapters.
    The DS Lites and the regular DS can only play GBA games in single player mode. To trade between your games, you need two GBAs'.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • Thanks for letting me know...now I need to invest some money in buying another GBA SP.

I honestly wish that the wireless adapters would've fit but I guess Nintendo can't do everything. =/

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
  • I don't believe you can. The DS does not support the link cable and doesn't have compatibility with the wireless connector that comes with FRLG and Emerald.

Just to confirm its true, the DS niether supports the original link cable in order to trade to other gameboys or DS, and same goes for the wireless adaptor. However with the D/P games, it enables to trade wirelessley to other D/P games but not to the other generation games.

~Kipper~

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Hey just a question whats the best place to train a Lvl 70 Charizard?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Since it is one of the crappier types in the game, there are not very many good places for Charizard to train. Basically you have it hold Exp Share and go through the Weak5, battling with your other Pokes. You can also go to Pattern Bush on Six Island that are full of Grass/Bug Pokes, or even there are a few trainers on Seven Island that have Grass Pokes at higher levels (high 40s), abusing Vs. Seeker, one of the best items in FRLG.

Years
  • Effort Value (EV)

I see the phrase "Effort Value" or EV used here often. What does it mean/ What is it's function? Thank you.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    A better synopsis can be found with the following link, it is the third article, but the first two are just as important:

https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=72415

Essentially, an "Effort Value" is a point system. EVERY Poke in the game has an EV value associated to it, that is tied to a particular stat. For example, every time any of your Pokes battles against a Skarmory, and it is defeated, each Poke that was involved will earn 2 Defense EV points. Every Poke can earn up to a total of 255 EV points in a single stat, with a max total of 510 EV points. That means you can actually max out 2 stats.

What do EV points do? Well, for every 4 EV points earned in a particular stat, that stat will increase by one point. For example, battling two Skarmory will earn a Poke 4 Def EVs, so the next time that Poke levels up, its Def will increase an extra one point. Simple math shows us that maxing out a particular stat will increase that stat by a whopping 63 points! That is how important EV training is.

Years
  • ummm...were can I find an executor in LG [sp?] and where would be a good place to ev train an adamant machop .

Years
  • I actually caught a brave male so I wanted to use that instead of a female adamant so I can pass it on through breeding. But I would want to EV train HP and Attack.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No, you really need the Adamant female, since Machamp needs as much speed as it can get. Sweepers must be able to attack first and hit hard. You also want to max Atk and Spd on Machamp. That means you want to battle Zubat in Altering Cave (1 Spd), Diglett/Dugtrio in Diglett's Cave (1 Spd/2 Spd), and Paras in Mt. Moon B1 (1 Atk). All of these Pokes show up 100% of the time, so if you have your Adamant Machop hold the Macho Brace, it will earn 2 EV points per battle (or 4 EV points when battling Dugtrio. That is 126 battles for 252 EV points in Atk and 126 battles for 252 EV points in Spd. If your Machop is too weak to battle Grass/Ground/Flying Pokes, you can give it the Exp Share and battle using a more powerful Poke. You will only get the regular 1 EV point (2 EV points when battling Dugtrio), but you won't have to risk your Machop in battle. After the Atk/Spd training is done, you can put the remaining 6 EV points into HP.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back