• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
Years
  • Micklo said:
    I haven't played on my Silver Cartridge for ages, but when I try to load it up now, the Continue option isn't there.

Same thing if I start again and save straight away.........no Continue option!
    I sympathise. My sisters Silver game has that problem. We decided to play our old G/S/C games after a long while. All the clocks of my games had to be reset, but they didn't affect the save (I was still in Vermillion in Gold, thank goodness), my sis, however, wasn't so lucky. Her Silver save ws corrupted.

So today I'm hoping to go and find a second hand one at the shops.

But if anyone else knows how to sort out this problem, that'd be great.

♥Naomi♥

My gameboy tastes like pickles
    Years
  • Kraka-chan said:
    I sympathise. My sisters Silver game has that problem. We decided to play our old G/S/C games after a long while. All the clocks of my games had to be reset, but they didn't affect the save (I was still in Vermillion in Gold, thank goodness), my sis, however, wasn't so lucky. Her Silver save ws corrupted.

So today I'm hoping to go and find a second hand one at the shops.

But if anyone else knows how to sort out this problem, that'd be great.
    to get rid of the problem,you must replace the internal battery,or send it to nintendo.but either way the save will be gone.you might as well just play until you cant play the save any more.then send it in to nintendo.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • Okay, first once you've arrived in Kanto, you have to activate the Power Plant. But I won't go through the all the details, unless you haven't done that.

Anyway, you have to help the Copycat in Saffron City. Talk to her, then go to the Pokemon fanclub in Vermillion City and talk to the guy with the Pokedoll. Take the Pokedoll to the Copycat and she'll give you a rail pass.

I hope that helped.

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    I have a problem with either my Gameboy or Gold version.So I turned on my Gameboy with Gold version inside,and,to my suprise,my very good file was gone.The only two options were"New Game",or "Options".Then I made a new game,played for about 25 minutes,and saved,then I turned back on and my new game was gone.Whats the problem??

SuperGuy

I hope I win.
    Years
  • i cant help u with that. but im pretty sure that the problem is with the gold version, my bro has the same prob with his red version

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Darn.......i'll see if anyone else could help.

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
  • ze_gobou said:
    And for GSC, what's the best starter ?

I'd go with Totodile. It has very good stats but it doesn't learn a lot of useful Attacks. there's always Cyndaquil.

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Hey guys,in my Blue version,I beat Misty in the Cerulean city,I got the S.S Anne ticket from Bill,and when I went to cut the annoying tree that was blocking my way to the next city,I looked in my item pocket,and there were no HMs!!How do I fix this problem??EDIT:I also never taught any of my Pokemon the HM Cut.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • Aust77 said:
    Hey guys,in my Blue version,I beat Misty in the Cerulean city,I got the S.S Anne ticket from Bill,and when I went to cut the annoying tree that was blocking my way to the next city,I looked in my item pocket,and there were no HMs!!How do I fix this problem??EDIT:I also never taught any of my Pokemon the HM Cut.
    You're not playing your game with an emulator or a cheat device are you?
    If not, then the HMs should be in the items list, or in <trainer's name> PC.
    You should have recieved the HM from the S.S Anne Captain, after which, the S.S Anne will be gone.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Heh, he hasn't even got Cut yet. You don't get Cut from Misty, you just get the ability to use it outside battle after beating her.

So, in order to get Cut, you go south from Cerulean, through the Underground Path (there is an ingame trade here at one end), through a few trainers to arrive at Vermilion City. Next, board the ship at the end of the dock (the SS Anne). I would battle all the trainers here for Experience, since you only have this one opportunity to do so. Check around each room, and if you happen to run into Gary, beat him up and carry on past to find the captain of the SS Anne, who happens to be feeling a bit seasick. Talk to him and you'll rub his back, and he'll feel better. He will give you Cut as a reward.

SRV

Years
    • Age 33
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018

The Hunk said:
    By popular demand, a Simple Questions thread for Metal and Color Generation Games (GB/GBC). Ask all your questions that have to deal with Pokemon games : Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal here.

I know this does not have anything to do with it and I do not mean to be rude, but I started a Simple Questions Thread for this generation a LONG time ago and it was rejected...

Rejected Thread

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I have NO IDEA if this is the right place to ask, but how do you collect the pokemon not in your version if you're using an emulator?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    I used to love these games when I was younger but after awhile they lost their charm. Well, I'm going off to college now and the big thing for me has been rediscovering my childhood. :] I figured, why not pick up the old Gold again? So as a former veteran and a humble "noob" I have a question.

I have both the red and gold versions and I want a Steelix in my gold version. If I attatched the metal coat to an Onix and traded it to the red version, and then traded back to the gold version, would my Onix turn into a Steelix or would I just get back an Onix minus a metal coat?

Many Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back