• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hey everyone, I havent been to PC for a long time so dont blame me for dis.... but which thread do you go for FR/LG? Also when are dey comin out??

Furikuri Otaku

Its nothing, really
    Years
    What pokemon knows defence curl and can use ice ball? Because i think the power of ice ball is doubled or something when def. curl is used

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *That only applies to rollout... and that's rather irrelevant as the double attack power is still poor... not only that you cannot switch or use another attack, the accuracy is not 100% either... If the opponent just switch to Regice... well have fun wasting turn while Regice buff itself up...*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years

*thinks that that is because this is for simple questions and most simple questions are answered for RS*
    *there's also the new FR/LG so everyone flocked there...*

Furikuri Otaku

Its nothing, really
    Years
    UM i am positive that ice ball is doubled when def. curl is used, and you can do it. But what i dont know is who can use ice ball, def.curl combo. If you meant not to do it frostweaver, i want to. But if you meant you can't your wrong.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    OK one time I was reading that if you max out a Pokemon's speed and attack and then use a Rare Candy on the Pokemon it will be ok and it would be like it I just got it to the next level by battling. Is that true?

Years
    Arcanine said:
    OK one time I was reading that if you max out a Pokemon's speed and attack and then use a Rare Candy on the Pokemon it will be ok and it would be like it I just got it to the next level by battling. Is that true?

What da heck are you talking about, Arcanine?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    bna_li said:
    What da heck are you talking about, Arcanine?
    Well I was reading that if you max out a Pokemon's Defense with 10 Irons then its maxed out. Do the same for speed and all the others. When that is done then it will be ok to give a Rare Candy to a Pokemon (if you give a rare candy to a Pokemon then its stats will be lower then battling other Pokemon).
    Thats what im talking about.

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Hmm I don't know about that but I'll try my best in explaining my theory.

Leveling up your pokemon through battling also yields extra points to the pokemon stats or what some may call "effort points." So giving your pokemon rare candy will in the long run hurt your pokemon stats. Funny thing about this, if you battle relatively weak pokemon (level-wise), doing so will yield even better stats for that pokemon, due to your efforts (it had something to do with the number of pokemon you fight per level.) Only problem is of course time, are you willing to spend time leveling up your pokemon to lvl.100 by fighting lvl.15 growlithes the whole time?

I heard there was a website that explain the whole process/equation of how "leveling up" works. The url escapes me for the moment, hopefully I can find it for you. Anyway, I hope I didn't scramble your brain too much:P.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Well I was reading that if you max out a Pokemon's Defense with 10 Irons then its maxed out. Do the same for speed and all the others. When that is done then it will be ok to give a Rare Candy to a Pokemon (if you give a rare candy to a Pokemon then its stats will be lower then battling other Pokemon).
    Thats what im talking about.
    *no no no...

1 vitamin = 10 points of Effort values in that category
    so 10 irons will mean an easy 100 Effort Values of defense. Now just simply apply the EV formula in...

Rare candy allows you to level up without any physical experience and EV as well. That's what so blessed about it. You can level up to lvl 100 so you're strong enough to beat anything regardless of 0 EV. Then choose your opponents to fight for the correct type of EV. Use rare candy first, not last.

It seems like you just scarred your stat but no. EV has a cap of a maximum of 512 EV in all for every single stats, so battling for unneeded EV (such as a Rhydorn battling Abra for sp.att EV +1) will mean wasting EV. So you must choose your opponents wisely. What Kairyu said was true in GSC but no more due to EV Cap. In RS, candy up to lvl 100, feed it vitamins in areas where you want to focus on, and then battle choiced Pokemon to finish your EV training. Once you get the Effort Ribbon meaning maxed out EV points, put it in your Pokemon box and do the old box trick to see your Pokemin improve in stats by approx 60 stats if you max out EV all in one area (one category of stats accepts a maximum of just 256 EV points though) *

*for the last time, RARE CANDY DO NOT SUCK*

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    *no no no...

1 vitamin = 10 points of Effort values in that category
    so 10 irons will mean an easy 100 Effort Values of defense. Now just simply apply the EV formula in...

Rare candy allows you to level up without any physical experience and EV as well. That's what so blessed about it. You can level up to lvl 100 so you're strong enough to beat anything regardless of 0 EV. Then choose your opponents to fight for the correct type of EV. Use rare candy first, not last.

It seems like you just scarred your stat but no. EV has a cap of a maximum of 512 EV in all for every single stats, so battling for unneeded EV (such as a Rhydorn battling Abra for sp.att EV +1) will mean wasting EV. So you must choose your opponents wisely. What Kairyu said was true in GSC but no more due to EV Cap. In RS, candy up to lvl 100, feed it vitamins in areas where you want to focus on, and then battle choiced Pokemon to finish your EV training. Once you get the Effort Ribbon meaning maxed out EV points, put it in your Pokemon box and do the old box trick to see your Pokemin improve in stats by approx 60 stats if you max out EV all in one area (one category of stats accepts a maximum of just 256 EV points though) *

*for the last time, RARE CANDY DO NOT SUCK*
    *Head starts to hurt*, never mind I will just go back to training the Pokemon by battling and not use any Rare Candy.

Furikuri Otaku said:
    You neglected to read my question, what kind of place is this?
    What do you mean by "what kind of place is this"? You mean the forum?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back