• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Single 256x192 resoultion

kay3o

B)
Years
  • I'm simply wondering how I would go about setting a single, default resolution in Pokemon essentials?
    I've deleted the relevant lines of code in the PokemonOptions, but regarding the resolution when I change:
    DEFAULTSCREENWIDTH = 512
    DEFAULTSCREENHEIGHT = 384
    DEFAULTSCREENZOOM = 1.0
    to
    DEFAULTSCREENWIDTH = 256
    DEFAULTSCREENHEIGHT = 192
    DEFAULTSCREENZOOM = 0.5

the screen changes size, but the sprites don't, even after editing '$ResizeFactor=1.0' in the SpriteResizer the screen shows up overcrowded and the same.

Any help would be great, thanks

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Essentially what you've done, is changed the resize factor by half, which gives the illusion that you have now halved to screen resolution from 512X384 to 256X192. But because you have also changed the screen width and height to half, the screen is now 1/4 of the original size. Revert the width and height back to normal and keep the resizefactor as 0.5 and you should be good to go with the aim of 256X192 screen size.

kay3o

B)
    Years
  • Ah thanks, I see, I've changed the scripts back and I just can't seem to get it to boot with the 256X192 resolution

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Try a new game or restore the lines in PokemonOptions, change the option in options screen, save and remove the lines again.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    If there is a save file, Essentials looks at that and uses the screen size setting from it even if you're not going to load that savegame.

The setting that it uses is $PokemonSystem.screensize, which is either 0 for 0.5x zoom or 1 for 1x zoom. It overrides the value of DEFAULTSCREENZOOM.

Either delete your save file, or load it and change the screen size in the Options menu and save.

For the record, your settings should be this:
    Code:
    DEFAULTSCREENWIDTH  = 512
    DEFAULTSCREENHEIGHT = 384
    DEFAULTSCREENZOOM   = 0.5
    You never needed to make any other changes anywhere to alter the default screen size (except remove the marked bit of code from PokemonOptions if you don't want the player changing the screen size themselves).

Back