• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Quackyla

I like penguins and so do you!
    Years
    Well I still lost my platinum,but I'm going to work on another pearl (not mine from blockbusters:nervous:)and I made the monfernor a infernape lv.52 and I have 3 gym badges now!

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    Finally got a chance to start my Platinum game and decided to try for an all female team (don't have the capacity to make a single type team but I thought it would be different). I was all set to soft reset my game to get a Female Chimchar when I end up getting it on my first try. I then caught two other Pokemon a Starly and a Bidoof.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Pokemon Platinum Journal

(I just noticed I've been typping "March" instead of "May" in all my posts.... whoops.)

May 6, 2009

I crossed Route 203 and passed through the Oreburgh Gate into Oreburgh City.

May 7, 2009

I decided to take my team of Eevee and train in the Oreburgh mines. Since the gym leader in this town uses rock-type Pokémon, I figured it would be the best place to do some training.

May 9, 2009

Ok, normal-type Pokémon don't seem to fair well in and around this city. There are plenty of wild rock and fighting-type Pokémon that have given all my Eevee quite a challenge. I've been focusing on three of them for the upcoming gym battle. I placed an evolution stone around each of their necks: a Water Stone, a Thunder Stone, and a Fire Stone. Then we went out to Route 207 for some training.

Something I noticed as we trained in the area. It seems that there are now wild Ponyta that are native to Route 207. They never lived this far south. I guess it's like Professor Rowan said, the regional distribution of Pokémon has changed drastically recently.

That evening, my first Eevee evolved! Now that I have a Vaporeon that can use Water Gun, I should have no problem against Roark!

153. Vaporeon

Last edited:

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Finally got a chance to start my Platinum game and decided to try for an all female team (don't have the capacity to make a single type team but I thought it would be different). I was all set to soft reset my game to get a Female Chimchar when I end up getting it on my first try. I then caught two other Pokemon a Starly and a Bidoof.
    hehe theres so many jokes i can make about that...

anyways, i'm in the midst of training my all electric team. my flaafy just evolved last night too

jolteon lvl 30
    electivire lvl 29
    ampharos lvl 30
    magnemite lvl 27
    chinchou lvl 24

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    After several false starts, I finally leveled up my team to what I feel is perfection for the elite four. After hours of vitamins and IV training, I finally got all my pokemon up to level 60, even my 'weak link' Staraptor. Currently, I'm almost finished with Flint and have yet to have a single member of my team faint.

Current team:
    Torterra (62)
    Infernape (61)
    Empoleon (66)
    Garchomp (61)
    Houndoom (61)
    Staraptor (60)

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    EV training my first ever pokemon :]
    Defeated the Battle Tycoon guy so I got enough BP for the Power Weight
    Then started EV training my Lvl 1 chansey in HP.
    Lvl 17 now and has 138Hp thats just wow for me but i've never had a chansey before so I'd be impressed anyway haha.

Quackyla

I like penguins and so do you!
    Years
    Today I now have 6 gym badges!I also am going to Acuicity(or however you spell it)to find my rival in pearl and in my other pearl im trading with my cousin but he gives sucky pokemon!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Hello guys im new to these forums.

Ive been training my buneary which im hoping will evolve into lopunny. Its turning out harder than i thought. ( My golbat evolved after about 30 mins. Buneary's taken me 4 days so far lol).

Ive also spent the last week searching trees so that i can get an aipom. No luck as of yet. Mainly finding Combee. (Found a female which i plan to evolve into a Vespiqueen).

Years
    Platinum journal:

I took a break from challenging the Battle Frontier, and went to explore Victory Road. I met a girl named Marley who asked for my help to get through the cave. I agreed to go with her. After we reached our destination, Marley headed for the exit.

I made it to Route 224, and found a bunch of good items there.

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    I just beat Candice in Snowpoint. Now I am off for my final badge, and I am ready to breeze passed the elite 4. With my fully EV trained Pokemon, the story mode has been even more of a cakewalk than before.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    I continued my metagross+arcanine run on pearl, in wait for platinum only 9days left till it comes out here in europe

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    May 10, 2009

I planned on challenging Roark today, but got busy with other stuff so never got around to it. I did do a little training before bed, and another Eevee evolved, this time into a Jolteon!

154. Jolteon

May 11, 2009

A little early morning training before work helped another one of my Eevee to evolve! Now with 3 evolved Eevee, I'm ready to challenge the gym!

155. Flareon

May 12, 2009

Oreburgh Gym Battle!
    Vs. Roark

"Well, Steve, I can't believe you're challenging the Sinnoh League again!" said Roark as I took my place on the battlefield. "It's been over 2 years since you first challenged me!"

Two years. Man, time goes by so fast.

"Yeah, my Shinx, Bibarel, and Kricketot did well back then," I said. "I still think I got a little lucky with Kricketot's Bide attack. But a win is a win."

"Let's see how lucky you are today." Roark pulled out his first pokeball. "Go, Geodude!"

I smiled. "Ok, Flareon… maximize!" I gave my usual battle cry as I sent out my first Pokémon.

"A fire-type? In a rock gym?" Roark was stunned. "You've surprised me before. Let's see what you got!"

"Flareon, Sand-Attack!" Flareon turned around and kicked sand at Geodude. Geodude seemed to shrug it off.

"Rock Throw, Geodude!" Rocks came hurling at Flareon, causing a super-effective hit.

"I was hoping that would miss," I said, quite disappointed. "Ember attack, let's go!" The flames hit Geodude for a good amount of damage!

"That's one powerful fire-type! Better throw up a Stealth Rock!" Sharp rocks hovered over our side of the battlefield.

"I remember that trick. My team can take it." I had Flareon blast Geodude with one more Ember, and Geodude fainted!

"Return, Geodude!" Roark prepared his next pokeball. "Ok, let's see how you handle Onix!" The large Pokémon roared onto the battle field.

"Flareon, good job, take a rest," I returned it to its pokeball. "Ok, Vaporeon, let's finish this round quickly!" Out came my second Pokémon, but it was hit by the Stealth Rock as it appeared. "Water Gun!"

The blast of water hit Onix square under its jaw, and it collapsed on the battlefield!

"Onix is unable to battle. Vaporeon wins!"

Roark returned Onix, and pulled out his last pokeball. "Think you can take down the next Pokémon like you did the last one? Go, Cranidos!"

"I see not much has changed with your Pokémon line-up. Return, Vaporeon, you did great." I recalled my Pokémon. "Maximize, Jolteon! Use Sand-Attack!"

Once again, Stealth Rock smashed into my Pokémon when it emerged.

"That trick again!" Roark taunted. "It didn't work before, it won't work now. Cranidos, Pursuit!"

Despite the sand in its eyes, Cranidos dove at Jolteon, and Jolteon recoiled from the hit, but seemed ok. "Jolteon, come back at it with a Thundershock!"

Not having the protection of a secondary ground-type like his other two Pokémon, Roark's Cranidos took quite a bit of damage from the attack.

"No way! Not yet! Not giving up! Headbutt, Cranidos!" Cranidos slammed hard into Jolteon!

"I see your Cranidos's attack is as powerful as ever, but it's close enough for us to finish this! Jolteon, one more Thundershock!" Electricity crackled around the prehistoric Pokémon, and though it tried to stay standing, it fainted from the attack!

"Cranidos is unable to battle! The victory goes to the challenger!"

"Great job Jolteon!" I knelt down to pet my victorious partner.

"Once again, you've bested me." Roark held out his hand. "Once again, you've earned this Coal Badge!"

ItzMike

Has made a triumphant comeback
    Years
    Day 1: Beginning after i beat the elite 4

Decided on my all bug super team.

Got a Yanmega and a Vespiquen, Beutifly and Dustox, and a Mothim, had to put my 6th poke as Arcanine, Currently travelling through sinnoh, vs seekering all trainers like the original journey

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Pokedex completion progress: 448 seen/423 caught.

Currently beating the Elite Four to earn money to furnish my villa. My play-through team is at Lv. 99 and I expect to achieve 100 tonight.

Back