• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Size of your external hard drives?

Years
  • For the people that carry bulky hard drives around with them, how much space can it hold and what do you use it for?

My external HDD holds 200GB and I use it for photoshop inages, movies, music... Pretty much everyday data backed up on there.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Eh I don't have a portable one, but my dad has a 500gb non portable one which I just use. Speaking of which, I need to backup my stuff rather soon..

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My external hard drive is 500 GB. I keep... pretty much everything on it. I keep a backup of all my music, images, anime/videos, etc. It's a little over half-filled but since my actual hard drive is only 120 gb (ahaha "only" 8|), it really comes in handy. Not to mention with the number of problems I've had this year, it's been great having a backup of all my files. :B

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Mine only holds 70GB since my mum bought it quite a few years back. I only put files on it right before formatting my computer.

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • My external drive can hold up to 320 GB.

Considering I only use it for some music and anime, I dare say I will be needing a larger one anytime soon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    1TB \o/

And I haven't even put anything on it yet, hahaha. Just never got around to it I suppose. I'm sure I'll need it one day.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Mine's an old one D: About 100 GB on it, methinks. Enough for storing away photos on.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I've got three
    Media Archive: 2Tb
    Time Machine: 500Gb
    Passport/ POCKET: 280Gb/ 40Gb (2 partitions, the larger is HFS+ format, smaller is FAT32)

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    30GB and despite the capacity I love it because it's made from a salvaged iPod, so it's tiny! :3

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • I have a 500GB Maxtor. Good for emergency backups.

I have a 1TB Main Drive W-D hard drive that really stores most of my important stuff.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • external drive.. hmm.. I have one usb2 drive for the laptop to store misc data on. its 500GB full sized (but still fits in my lappy's carry bag.)
    The new computer has 1.5TB overall storage with some 1TB or so dedicated to data/storage. (And room for 6 more drives!)

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I have a 250GB Seagate FreeAgent. I basically keep my anime, document backups, and some music and stuff like that on it. I still have plenty of space left.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I broke my Freecom 160GB. D:
    All I've got now is 2GB of solid-state, the memory stick of my PSP. It's enough to back up my images and most annoying to replace songs.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I just bought an external Seagate 750GB hard drive that I'm yet to use. I'd like to put Time Machine backups on it, but I do need to use it with my PC too xD

I also back up to my iMac G5, which for reasons beyond my knowledge has a 500GB hard drive.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Mine right now is 500GB.

I use it for a lot of things, from backups to storage.

~Mooshykris

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I don't have an external harddrive...I just use my built in 105GB memory ^-^;
    With a limit, I can delete the stuff I never use instead of just forgetting about it.

Reactions: Zet
    Back