• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skipping School...

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2007
    Many people skip school on purpose, don't worry you're not the only one. I really don't like to chance my luck with that though so I don't.

Anacortes

absurdities..
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I never skipped, and do not ever intend to. The only time I slept right past the alarm, I managed to run to my first class 2 minutes before it ended: proof I wasn't skipping. Now, if that counts. xD

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Oh hell, wait until some of you guys get to college... skipping classes becomes a recreational activity. It's really a rite of passage. Eventually you realize you really know what you need to know for a class (especially if it's outside of your major), and going to it becomes a waste of time.

I don't condone it, but I do it.

But hey, I never said do what I do, I said do what I say. ;)

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    Oh hell, wait until some of you guys get to college... skipping classes becomes a recreational activity. It's really a rite of passage. Eventually you realize you really know what you need to know for a class (especially if it's outside of your major), and going to it becomes a waste of time.

I don't condone it, but I do it.

But hey, I never said do what I do, I said do what I say. ;)

You've pretty much hit the nail on the spot. Skipping school/college is something I despise but there are the rare occasions in which I HAVE to (well...). In these scenarios, I find that staying home finishing something (such as an English essay) is more beneficial to me. As I said already, most profs in college -don't care- about you skipping school. However, it's a different story if you are in elementary or something (ie. teachers care about attendance).

If you are in college, it's also useful to find out what courses are easiest/hardest and least/most time consuming. Sometimes, it's better if you just skip a class in which you know the prof will lecture something you already know or have read, and spend your time on more urgent matters.

For others, they just skip for the heck of it. ;)

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    skipped? Once yes. It was senior skip day. I'm no senior but alot of my friends are and they were going to the mall. So I went to. It was fun cause I backflipped off of anything besides the ground for the first time. It was about 10ft. off the ground. it was AWESOME...thats it though.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
    Yes I have...alot too <_< >_>. OMG funny story; I had left to go to my bus stop (everyone else was there) and we had been waiting for an hour and the bus hadn't come. Before it reached nine, we had kept a timer on. Then when it reached nine, everyone threw ripped papper in the air (N00bs xD). Then about a minute afterwards, the bus came XD. Our dream had been crushed :P.

My mom is usually fine with me skipping as long as there is a good reason. But every now and then she'll let me skip for no reason.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I have skipped class only ONCE!
    It was back then when I was just in first grade *flash back begins*
    I was going to school while holding my head, then a school nursed passed by and said, "Are you feeling alright? Go home now and hope to feel better"
    and when I came home,my parents was shocked that they grounded me for a week.*flash back ends*
    It's not my fault that I skipped school though XD

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I've never skipped school,cause if I did,my parents would go extremely mad ._.;
    I have however not gone to school for sleeping in and my parents ahd no problem with it n.n I was in 5th grade at the time.~

Master Kwesi Nkromah

"Pokéfan Kwesi"
    Years
    >_< I hated High School so much..
    Well I hated my second HS a lot more than the first, I actually kind-of liked my first highschool. At least I had friends there... I cut school about 3 to 4 times a week...

it's a wonder I graduated and moved on to college. >_<''''''

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    See I've only skipped this year, when I am kidnapped by my friends. Since we all have cars now, certain friends think I'm too much of a good boy, so they from time to time drag me out of school with them.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Nope, I'm absent from school from one time to another like any other kid, but I never skip. Whats the point on missing school on purpis, you'd just have more mak-up work to do, plus you don't learn anything, which you would regret in your later years as an adult. So, I choose to be smart and stay in, its not like the day is never going to end.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Nope, I'm absent from school from one time to another like any other kid, but I never skip. Whats the point on missing school on purpis, you'd just have more mak-up work to do, plus you don't learn anything, which you would regret in your later years as an adult. So, I choose to be smart and stay in, its not like the day is never going to end.

In high school, skipping school isn't so much about not going to school, but moreso it's the idea that you're doing something wrong and getting away with it. Psychologically, it's in knowing that it's wrong that makes doing it so much more enjoyable, and tempting. Sure you'll have more work to make up... but you skipped school. Like snow days; you usually have to make them up, but they are the pinnacle of every high schooler's hopes during the winter.

Same thing when in school... ever noticed that because you weren't allowed to laugh, it made the urge to laugh so much more intense?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It wasn;t so much a case of skipping as it was me asking if I could leave because I had either done the exam or was guaranteed a fail.

Regardless, up until the final 2 months I had 100% attendance.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Never skipped school unless I was sick, or had some problem.

However there was one case when I was late and forgot to sign in the school register, so my teachers thought I skipped school, even when I was standing behind one of them.

Back