• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Sky Battles

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Sky battles are a battle type in generation VI that was not carried over into any generations after it. Sky Battles only exist in Kalos, and only Pokemon that can Fly or have the ability Levitate can participate. Although, not all Pokemon that have the ability to fly can participate in Sky Battles. Such as Hawlucha. Gengar cannot participate in Sky Battles, either, however, Gastly and Haunter, can. Certain attacks are banned from Sky Battles as well, such as Surf, Body Slam and Spikes.

What did you think of Sky Battles? I honestly despised them, and found them too limiting. Honestly, Hawlucha not being able to participate in Sky Battles is a bit dumb. I know it's shown on the ground, but honestly, any Pokemon that it stated to fly/float/levitate or is Flying type, should be allowed in a Sky Battle. Like, Magnezone is a Pokemon that floats, and yet it's not allowed in Sky battles, that's honestly also extremely dumb. It's a magnet, it can float in midair, and yet it's not allowed in Sky Battles? Stupid. Also SCYTHER can participate in Sky Battles, but it can't even learn Fly. Oh, yeah, and so can Combee and Vespiquen, along with Mantkye. Mantkye can't even fly or float in the air? So, yeah, that's another one.

TL;DR, basically, I'm glad sky battles are gone.

Last edited:
    Years
    I did not care for them either. Most of the time that I encountered a sky battle I usually did not have a Pokemon that could participate in the fight so it was a little frustrating.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    They were especially infuriating when you had only 1 Pokémon eligible for Sky Battles and had to battle against 3 other Pokémon. Sky Battles are one of the many reasons why X and Y are my least favourite games in the series.

Years
    Not my favourite feature, because it feels unfinished. It seems like a prototype for something more.

I also usually had only 1 Pokémon able to be used in Sky Battles on team and it was annoying when I got caught in one. And it is deadly in Nuzlocke.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I honestly have a hard time imagining that anyone liked this tbh

*que someone who likes sky battles posting next*

Back