• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sleepwalking

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I used to sleepwalk hardcore. I would wake up, walk into the living room, and hold full conversations with no memory of it. I even tried to go to the bathroom in my sleep once when I was seven (it took some guiding from my mom, and somehow I still managed to fail). When I was a bit older I stopped sleepwalking, but still talked in my sleep, even to the point of screaming because no one would listen to me or they were asleep. I still sleeptalk, but not to that extent. Although I did sleeptalk about PC once.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Sometimes I think I go to the bathroom and do naughty stuff while taking a shower, but I think I'm usually just dreaming. :/

But I talk in my sleep, but I can't hear it only my parents do

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I have an incredibly bad case of Somnambulism (Sleepwalking Disorder) and Somniloquy (Sleep Talking Disorder) I've only started to outgrow it. Actually sleep talking isn't that bad but I apparently tend to talk about Pokemon in my dream XD. But usually when I sleep talk it depends on what I dream.

As for sleepwalking it's been pretty bad since I was a kid. One time I walked up to my parents room, picked up their heavy electric alarm clock and almost hit them with it.
    Another time, in the middle of the night, I sleepwalked into my cousin's room when they were visiting. I was having some dream about having to find treasure or something where I would have to look at through the blinds of their window to find it.... let's just say I woke up half way extremely confused....

Other times I've been really lucky to just fall out of my bed and wake up from the impact before I walked anywhere.
    When I went to camp I had to take special sleeping medicine and I was put in cabin not far from the other students and teachers so that I wouldn't do anything stupid XD

The list goes on and on but I've done some pretty bad stuff while I sleepwalk... sometimes I wake up halfway through, become incredibly confused and walk straight back to bed.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Sometimes I will wake up on the couch when I went to sleep on my bed.

That's about it.

Years
    I've done it a few times. When I was little I brushed my teeth and went searching for my (dead) dog while asleep.

When I went through a "phase" of doing it at the age of 18ish I apparently shouted at my mum at 3am telling her to get up and go to work otherwise she would be late. Bearing in mind that she didnt start work until 8am I expect you can imagine what her response was.

Another time I was staying over at a friends house and stood up in the middle of the night, exceptionally distressed and kept asking where my friend Viki was. I woke up to my friends bf telling me that she was right next to him.

I've always talked in my sleep but its rare that anyone can understand what I'm saying as its more mumbling. I dont know if this is actual sleep talking or just noises I make while dreaming to be honest.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I sleepwalk, I sleeptalk, and apparently I sleep-have-conversations. One time when I was a kid, I apparently got out of bed, walked into the living room, and told my mom (who was on the computer) to stop playing Paper Mario (she didn't even know what that was). She told me I was still asleep and I said "oh" (apparently while in such a state, you're very open to suggestion) and went back to bed.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Since it's hard to start a debate about this, and this thread seems to be more of the "post your experiences" kind, I think this fits better in OVP.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've never sleep walked in my life, at least as far as I know. One of my aunts sleep walks and she had to be literally strapped down onto her bed for a while.

Years
    I've walked down stairs and sat down a few times and had to be guided back to bed but I grew out of that a few years ago. As for talking in my sleep I've been told that I have a bad habit of saying things I would otherwise prefer to keep to myself xD

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I don't, but my mom can hold conversations while asleep. And yes, you can tell her "Hey, you're asleep. Talk to me later," and she'll be all, "Okay. G'night".

While it doesn't exactly count, I go from sawing logs to a certain level of consciousness whenever somebody tries to speak to me. When this happens I can speak like I'm wide awake and just conk right out again when they stop talking. I remember doing this sort of thing, but it's rare that I can recall exactly what it was we were talking about.

YouMadBro?

Cool Story Bro.
    Years
    Yeah, but mostly when I was a child. I would wake up, walk down the stairs, go to the kitchen and wet my pants. xD I'd also start crying and my mom would come down to get me, and I would wake up in the morning confused to why my pants were different.

Years
    I hardly ever do.

Once when I was a teen I had a CD on my dresser, and I didn't know where it came from. My sister explained it to me ages later: she had come in while I was asleep and said she was putting it there. I apparently told her OK. I don't remember this.

A few mornings ago, I woke up with a cough drop in my mouth. I'd had this really nasty cough, and I'd put cough drops on my storage crate-turned-bedside table within easy reach, so if I had a coughing fit I could just unwrap one and get back to sleep. I don't remember waking up to take it, which strikes me as strange, because if I was coughing so bad I needed one I should've woken up. o____O

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I haven't sleepwalked ever. But if this counts, when I have my covers over me when I sleep, I wake up to find them on the floor.

Back