• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Small Writing Contest 2018

Bay

Years
    So yeah, here's the planning thread for this year's SWC! So, a few agendas to discuss:

The judges. So far it's me and gimmepie that plan to do this. Should we have another judge, and if so who?
    The theme/prompt.
    The criteria. Though I think this one will be the usual Grammar/Story and Description/Relate to Prompt that we've been doing for a while.

After we get that sorted, I'll get started on an intro page for it!

Years
    We don't need a third judge, but it'd be nice to have one more if you have any suggestions.

As for judging, just a standard Spelling/Grammar, Story/Creativity and Prompt Relevance is fine yeah. We can score each out of ten for a total out of thirty.
    Do you have any ideas for prompts?

Bay

Years
    At this moment, I don't have any ideas for a third judge. Mayyybe bobandbill again, but I know he'll be busy with moving so I rather not bother him with that. I only worry if we'll have a lot of tiebreakers, but I think we'll be fine with just us.

For prompt ideas, I want it to relate to this Get Together's theme. Do we have one for this year?

Years
    At this moment, I don't have any ideas for a third judge. Mayyybe bobandbill again, but I know he'll be busy with moving so I rather not bother him with that. I only worry if we'll have a lot of tiebreakers, but I think we'll be fine with just us.

For prompt ideas, I want it to relate to this Get Together's theme. Do we have one for this year?

The general theme is that the Islands of Alola, under the banner of their Tapus, are competing. So something tropical, competition-based or island-based?

Bay

Years
    Oh, okay. Hm, I think of the past themes before was actually "competition" or something similar haha. Back when I did the Art and Writing Collab Big Bang with Nina and Fairy one of the themes was "island adventure", but I don't mind using that again. Oh, perhaps "survival?"

Years
    Oh, okay. Hm, I think of the past themes before was actually "competition" or something similar haha. Back when I did the Art and Writing Collab Big Bang with Nina and Fairy one of the themes was "island adventure", but I don't mind using that again. Oh, perhaps "survival?"

i like survival. Let's go with that one.

Bay

Years
    Okay, survival it is!

So, one last thing. How long should the contest be? Will the Get Together be in late July/early August?

After that, I'll use last year's introduction page with some changes to it!

Years
    Okay, survival it is!

So, one last thing. How long should the contest be? Will the Get Together be in late July/early August?

After that, I'll use last year's introduction page with some changes to it!

Starts the 22nd and lasts 10 days.

Bay

Years
    Ok! So you want to have it run for like five days, 22nd to 27th? And then the rest of the Get Together we compile our scores?

Bay

Years
    All right, here's the intro page! I'm assuming we're good with the 27th of July for the deadline. Otherwise, if there's something missing let me know!

Small Writing Competition!
    Judged by Bay and gimmepie.

Small Writing Contest 2018

Welcome everyone to the Small Writing Competition! Ready to write a story based on this year's prompt that will impress the two judges and the rest of PC? Great!

But first, a few rules to keep in mind.

Rules
    1.) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules.
    2.) The stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before and not posted anywhere else until judging is over.
    3.) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are Bay and gimmepie. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
    4.) One entry per member only, sorry.
    5.) You have until 11:59pm EDT, July 27th to get your entry in.
    6.) The story can be based on Pokemon or be original fiction. Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
    7.) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please!
    8.) Please don't publicly post your stories until the competition is over! Once the scores are posted and the competition is over, you may post your story in Fanfiction and Writing so that others may see it. Make sure to add [SWC] to your title if you do!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring and Prompt
    Each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equaling 10 points in total like in previous years. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
    Characterization, Plot, and Description
    Relevance to Prompt

The prompt is survival, so good luck with making use of that in your story!

Entrants
    (Space)​

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    You can find your crystals in the sticky thread. I'll mark this approved.

Back