• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smash Bros. Team Tournament (3DSers, post #50, WiiUers, post #69)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    You'll need to add your partner and at least one of the opponents or else come up with your own way to get into a room together. I forgot to quote your signup post to alert you, but look at post #50 to see the rules and bracket and whatnot.

You can decide amongst yourselves whether to do three or four stock and there is no time limit when you do stock battles. The standard is three stock, if it matters.
    Let me clarify this. If one person hosts, you only have to add that person for each matchup, and that person add everyone else. However, I think you can see your friends (i.e. teammates) in a game as well. As long as you can see at least one person in the game, I believe you can join the game.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Dancing Dragon Kool Kidz beat Hype Hibi in the first match.

Also, how many matches per round? It doesn't say anything in the rules, and we just did a best-of-three style thing.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Dancing Dragon Kool Kidz beat Hype Hibi in the first match.

Also, how many matches per round? It doesn't say anything in the rules, and we just did a best-of-three style thing.

Best-of-three is preferred! But if both teams only want to do a single match, that's fine.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Found out my exams are pretty spread out so I guess I'll give it a shot since I'll have time to play a few matches.

Can't really promise anything, though.
    NNID: WarioLand
    Teammate: Whoever
    Team Name: Whatever
    System: Wii U

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Ok so I got some things worked out. I will have to be wii u only, 3ds is a bit broke atm. And my partner i cure yoshi darkness.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Ok so I got some things worked out. I will have to be wii u only, 3ds is a bit broke atm. And my partner i cure yoshi darkness.
    I can fill in so that there's no breakage. I would have signed up anyway had I not been on a loaner at the time and not seen this.

Reactions: Z25

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Ok so I got some things worked out. I will have to be wii u only, 3ds is a bit broke atm. And my partner i cure yoshi darkness.

Your partner is shadic429 for the 3DS. CureYoshi's your Wii U partner.

I can fill in so that there's no breakage. I would have signed up anyway had I not been on a loaner at the time and not seen this.

Sounds good. Cyclone, just arrange with your new partner (and do a signup). I'll edit the bracket for the 3DS.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Uh, not sure what info is needed since most of the sign-up bit is depreciated now (team name and partner are pretty much already determined unless we change the team name now, which we can discuss if so :) ).

So I'll just say my FC is 2079-8536-2160 and I go by Cyclone everywhere. I forget what the NNID is since I had to create multiple ones for multiple systems, and it's really relevant for Wii U anyway, which I don't have.

Will contact my partner to work on round meetup arrangements.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • THE Wii U TOURNEY HAS BEGUN!
    View Bracket Here!

Okay Wii U Smashers! Unfortunately, we didn't reach the needed sixteen teams, so we've got a bit of a twist added! Spinosaurus is PC's resident Smash master, so he's kindly (take that as you will) accepted to be a "Boss" of sorts! He will be playing solo against each team, so hopefully someone can take him down! ;) But fret not: if you happen to lose, I have added a loser's bracket so you can keep battling! Then everyone gets a fair amount of matches to play and even if Spino crushes all of us, we all can at least enjoy playing. :D

I've cut down the Loser's Bracket some because this would be a two month long tournament if we don't. So keep an eye on the bracket after you've lost and see who you'll be battling among the other losers! :)

1. You have ONE week to complete each round of the tournament.
    The weeks are as follows:
    January 29 - February 4
    February 5 - February 11 (Second Round/First Losers/Some Second Losers)
    February 12 - February 18 (Third Round/Some Second Losers/Third Losers)
    February 19 - February 25 (Semi-Final/Final Loser)
    February 26 - March 4 (Final)

2. If you cannot get in contact with your teammate OR the other team, let me know within three days of attempting contact. If you still cannot reach them, whichever team is present and accounted for will advance and the team with a missing player will be eliminated at the end of the week. If two opposite teams are each missing a player, we will merge the two teams into a new team to continue forward (we can't punish everyone, can we?).

3. The rules of battle are as follows:
    Three stock ONLY
    Omega stages only
    No items
    No custom moves/characters

Further questions? VM or PM Klippy or post to this thread. Thanks and have fun!

Spoiler:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm a little confused. What exactly is the bracket?

As in, I see lists of teams, but it's not 100% clear who we're playing.

EDIT: I now see the Challonge bracket. That should be edited into the main post, perhaps made the first line, to make it easier.

Last edited:

Nerketur

PokéScripter
    Years
  • Okay, so question. Are the matches with team attack OFF or ON? This is vital information, as there are different strategies with each.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I'm a little confused. What exactly is the bracket?

As in, I see lists of teams, but it's not 100% clear who we're playing.

EDIT: I now see the Challonge bracket. That should be edited into the main post, perhaps made the first line, to make it easier.

I normally do, but in the title of the thread, it says where to look. I'll add it in to the OP though. :)

Okay, so question. Are the matches with team attack OFF or ON? This is vital information, as there are different strategies with each.

Team attack off.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I normally do, but in the title of the thread, it says where to look. I'll add it in to the OP though. :)
    That's for the best. I see what you mean now, and actually saw post 50 when I first came across the thread, but had no idea there was a link elsewhere and expected that in the OP (blame being in the Prism League, it's religiously updated). Here I only saw lists of teams and it made no sense. Seeing something in the OP like "3DS (click for bracket)" linking directly to the bracket is much more ideal (and same for Wii U).

Meanwhile, I've been an admin. of tournaments at Challonge before, so I am very familiar with the site. I want to ask a question: are all tournaments three matches (best of three)? You can click and add that at the top of the bracket very easily to make that crystal clear; otherwise, some might do one match and think that's it.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • That's for the best. I see what you mean now, and actually saw post 50 when I first came across the thread, but had no idea there was a link elsewhere and expected that in the OP (blame being in the Prism League, it's religiously updated). Here I only saw lists of teams and it made no sense. Seeing something in the OP like "3DS (click for bracket)" linking directly to the bracket is much more ideal (and same for Wii U).

Meanwhile, I've been an admin. of tournaments at Challonge before, so I am very familiar with the site. I want to ask a question: are all tournaments three matches (best of three)? You can click and add that at the top of the bracket very easily to make that crystal clear; otherwise, some might do one match and think that's it.

I'm leaving it up to you contestants to decide what you want. If people only have time for one match, then I don't want to force them into two-three matches and if people want to do more than one, then I am fine letting them play best of three. It's just easier that way and I don't want anyone to feel pressure when it comes to getting a match done. Several people have told me they have limited time, so they prefer having an option.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm leaving it up to you contestants to decide what you want. If people only have time for one match, then I don't want to force them into two-three matches and if people want to do more than one, then I am fine letting them play best of three. It's just easier that way and I don't want anyone to feel pressure when it comes to getting a match done. Several people have told me they have limited time, so they prefer having an option.
    All right, that's cool. :) I know from having participated in tournaments though, that it's possible to do a best of three in less than 15 minutes, but those tournaments tend to be single matches for the other matches as well just for tournament time purposes (we had a double elimination 2/3 tournament with 14 people go nine hours once WITH NETWORK DOWNTIME in the middle, and I decreed that this was unacceptable). Once connected, each match usually takes 3-4 minutes on average (assuming two stock), and having 2/3 gets rid of the "random win" element somewhat and ensures the better team is more likely to win as champion. Another option for single matches is 3 stock, and that could be one match. Anything more in either scenario is excessive.

May I suggest that the finals at minimum be a required best of three, however? Semis could be as well if you like the idea, but the earlier rounds I agree don't have to be and I'll contact our opponents to see their preference.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Your partner is shadic429 for the 3DS. CureYoshi's your Wii U partner.

Sounds good. Cyclone, just arrange with your new partner (and do a signup). I'll edit the bracket for the 3DS.
    Ok, and sory for inconvinence for the 3ds. My touch and circe pad are broke. Trying to send that in as soon as possible. Still good for when my matches are up though.

Back