• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smoking Lettuce?!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Rep. Steve Buyer Warns Of The Dangers Of Smoking Lettuce
    [Via Media Monitor Jon] Speaking of that landmark cigarette law, wending its way to the President's desk: Not everyone is in favor of it. Some, in fact are downright against it! Take Steve Buyer, from Indiana's 4th District, who wants America to know what the Rules Committee -- history's greatest devils -- wouldn't tell you: If you dry and smoke lettuce, you will end up with "similar problems than if you smoke tobacco." As Buyer says, "it's not the nicotine that kills, it's the smoke that kills!" Specifically the "inhalation of the smoke" that causes a "pandamic" of the cancers!

This will be food for thought when it comes time to start regulating the multi-million dollar lettuce smoking industry, and their army of K Street lobbyists! (HA JUST KIDDING, you know if there was a Lettuce Smoking industry, they'd have already bought this twit lock, stock, and iceberg smoking barrel.)

[WATCH]

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/12/rep-steve-buyer-warns-of_n_215058.html

So first they smoke tobacco, next smarties, now lettuce? :shocked:
    Kids these days...

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    What the...?

Who even knew about this before he starting talking about it?

Strrrrrranggeeeeeeee, verrrrrryyyyy straaaaannnggggeeeeeeee, indeed!

Years
    Of course people are going to be dumb enough to smoke lettuce. Hell, I'm sure that lettuce isn't the only insane thing that they smoke.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    WHAT THE HELL?
    Lettuce?! I'm sure only Lady Gaga would do that.
    I luv lady gagas songs :3

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Boy to Mom: LULZ, look Mom, I'm highz on da Lettusz.
    Mom: First toads now lettuce. What next.
    Dad: Heyz lookz, I'mz smokin on mah newzpaper!

Lol, what will those smokers think of next...

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I remember i used to know some kids, who would smoke tree leaves and grasses and whatever else they could get tehir nasty hands on. because they couldn't get tobacco
    It wouldn't surprise me if kids were trying to smoke cheddar cheese, much less lettuce
    /what?

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    WHAT THE HELL?
    Lettuce?! I'm sure only Lady Gaga would do that.
    I luv lady gagas songs :3

What in the name of anything does she have to do with this? =|

I've known friends to smoke peanut shells when we were younger. Kids will smoke anything not nailed down if they think it's cool.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Lettuce is obviously healthier to smoke (albeit still unhealthy). The smoke isn't what causes the damage rofl. It's what's in the cigarette smoke (carcinogens) that makes smoking and secondhand smoke so dangerous. Lettuce would have to contain proven carcinogens for his speech to have any significance. (which he did not cite)

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    Eh, it is a leafy green, some people will do anything to get thier "kicks" no matter how dumb it actually is.
    I told my friends you could get a really nice "kick" out of smoking money, so the idiot actually smoked it. XD My 20 dollar bill that is... I was veeery angry... And I made him take me shopping. XD

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    I'm sure the many parents of the world who find their kids smoking their vegetables to be in disarray, when they realize how hard they were on their children in forcing them to EAT vegetables when they were younger.

*Mother curled up in a dark corner rolling back and forth against the wall*

"I... I should have let him eat his lettuce at his own pace! I shouldn't have been so hard on him!"

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I.. I don't even know what to say to this.

There's not even a purpose for smoking lettuce, since you'd get nothing out of it but smoke inhalation.
    Has no pros what-so-ever.

Stupid. >_>

Back