• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen So around how long should it take to complete the Kalos Dex?

Years
    I'm somewhat interested in going for national dex completion, but getting the Kalos Dex would be a nice start. The only other Dex I've completed was the Hoenn Dex in Emerald, which took ages because I didn't really jsut go out and specifically work on it overly hard until I Was like 30 Pokemon away.

But overall, around how long does it take to complete the Kalos Dex?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm actually trying to do Dex completion just by seeing all the Pokemon and it's taking awhile, by my standards haha. But in the grand scheme of things it shouldn't take too long. You could probably do it in a day or two. I hear the only difficult ones are Weavile and Gliscor, which you need to either do a lot of Battle Maison, or trade for one.

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
    Flushed, just get a partner to do the battle maison with you. its quicker. in an hour, my friend and i beat the double battle leaders twice, and you get a lot of BP for that.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
    I'm actually trying to do Dex completion just by seeing all the Pokemon and it's taking awhile, by my standards haha. But in the grand scheme of things it shouldn't take too long. You could probably do it in a day or two. I hear the only difficult ones are Weavile and Gliscor, which you need to either do a lot of Battle Maison, or trade for one.

Rhyperior also requires a Battle Maison item. You will also spend a lot of time breeding to complete the Mountain Kalos Dex, as several pokemon (20+) cannot be obtained normally in he wild.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    It takes a while, let me tell you that. Gotta catch, train, breed. The most annoying evolutions are definitely the stones, trades and happiness. Stones because you have to keep doing the super training for the stones, trades because you need someone trustworthy to trade you back, and happiness because lots of bike riding, nevertheless, it's rewarding.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It depends on how much time and effort you put into it. If you spend hours on them each day and work extremely hard, you should get it done pretty quickly. If not, then it should take you some time. Not sure if I'm going to be completing the PokéDex myself, but maybe I am. Last time I every actually tried finishing my PokéDex was in Emerald; I was pretty close, but couldn't get the job quite done as I wasn't able to get a hold of Milotic and Feebas. Then, I lost motivation and moved on. d:

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
    I completed my Living Pokédex in White 2 pretty quickly, but that was because between all of my games, I pretty much already owned every Pokémon. What I did was get the basic Pokémon first (3x Bulbasaur, 3x Charmander, etc.) and evolve them later. I believe my daily goal was to get 30 basic Pokémon.

I completed my Living Kalos Dex (Chespin through Zygarde) in a day, by the way.

Years
    GTS is your friend. If you think GTS is terrible, stop looking past the first ~15 Pokemon, you'll find decent trades. There are a few that you'll need to eat up rare candies for, though.

Years
    I completed my Living Pokédex in White 2 pretty quickly, but that was because between all of my games, I pretty much already owned every Pokémon. What I did was get the basic Pokémon first (3x Bulbasaur, 3x Charmander, etc.) and evolve them later. I believe my daily goal was to get 30 basic Pokémon.

That's actually really not a bad though. Somewhat similar to how I did the Emerald Dex, which wasn't too awful. It did take a while, though.

I completed my Living Kalos Dex (Chespin through Zygarde) in a day, by the way.

That is impressive o-o

So it'll take a while. I guess if I go slowly, though, it shouldn't be too bad, it'll just take a while.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
    When I say Kalos Dex, I only mean Generation VI Pokémon. Maybe that wasn't clear in my previous post. That's only 69 Pokémon, so not really that impressive. I don't have to collect the Pokémon from previous generations, because I've got my Living Pokédex ready to transfer over from White 2.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    takes around 1-2 weeks depending on how you prefer to play the game. Here's a link I found from another community thread of where to find most of the pokemon in the Kalos region:
    https://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/620/620282.png
    You can get the rest through GTS, I advise you to use the deposit function rather than search for the type of pokemon you need cause most of them are asking for legendaries.

Back