• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So... cowboy bebop?

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
Years
  • In my eternal quest to find something else that can be described as a space Western after the premature loss of Firefly/Serenity (some of us are still grieving!) I've heard about Cowboy Bebop.

Just wondering if people recommend it? I've seen that it's got great ratings on imdb, but I know that's not always something to go by!

So who likes?

Ficher

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    This anime is an episodic anime, as in the episodes do not continue each other (few do) and each has its own events and small story. It's basically about two bounty hunters, who chase around criminals for money. It's set in a western time and in space, which was a weird genre for me, but turned out to be one of the best.

For a 90s show, the art was fairly good and it didn't bother me during my watch. If you aren't a fan of the 90s graphics, then this won't appeal to you much, since the art here plays a significant role in shaping the characters.

As for the characters, they are all unique in their way and you'll grow attached to them in no time. Spike is a magnificent, lazy person, who has his own way of doing stuff and yet sometime ends up making a huge mess. The other characters are all interesting, but you'll love Spike the most, like most of people did.

It's a top-notch anime and if you are interested in space western settings, then I doubt you'll regret picking this anime. What I'm saying is: yes, I do recommend this and you will enjoy it very much.

Wow, I feel like I am reviewing this anime. I hope I helped in a way, Rapidash.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Yes, you should watch Cowboy Bebop. It's recommended by about 90%-95% of anime fans and has the best anime dub yet. If your not a fan of that old school art style/animation, it's not for you. There's rarely anything negative to say about it. I honestly think it's the most popular anime ever when it comes to negative hatedom. It's very hard to find somebody who will hate it.

See You, Space Cowboy.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    You really wont regret watching Cowboy Bebop. I havent met a person who has seen it and doesnt like it. The voice acting (Japanese and English), the story, the animation, its all brilliant! Oh damn I hope I'm not overselling it...

Taichi

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    You really wont regret watching Cowboy Bebop. I havent met a person who has seen it and doesnt like it. The voice acting (Japanese and English), the story, the animation, its all brilliant! Oh damn I hope I'm not overselling it...

It's Cowboy Bebop. It's held in such high regard that anything positive said about it is overselling.

Steven Blum is my favorite voice actor ever. Dude is awesome in this.

Deathshot

Unregistered User
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. The Rivals.

Both Epic Western Spacish Deals.

One deals with a Cowboy in Space and one deals with a Stampede from Space.

I would greatly suggest watching the Anime and the Movie for Cowboy Bebop. I list it in my Top 10 Anime.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • The main reasons I got into this quirky :cer_love: series are because I've been hearing it mentioned a lot, and I learned it was the basis of what Tom (of Toonami) was referencing with his quote, "Bang.", upon the cancellation of Toonami... *sniff* :(

I managed to catch 2 episodes of the series a few weeks ago. Oddly enough, I started the series by watching the episode Mushroom Samba. ;) A very strange, laugh-inducing episode...

I also saw the one where Spike and Jet return to a ravaged Earth to find a Betamax tape cassette player (the episode was called Speak Like A Child). The ending was very interesting, though...

Other than the 2 episodes mentioned above, I haven't gotten a chance to explore any other Cowboy Bebop eps yet...

But yeah, to the OP, even though I've only sampled 2 episodes full of the series, I say give Cowboy Bebop a chance. :)

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
  • Ok, I've just watched the first two sessions, and i'm very impressed! It's so good, and has a far more engaging start than most other anime that I've watched. I'm watching the English subtitled because I can't find the English dub...

Looking forward to watching this one all the way through, thanks everyone for convincing me to watch it :)

Taichi

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    The beginning of the movie was hilarious.

"And YOU!! You take too long to take a ****!!!" I lmao.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Cowboy Bebop is okay, but...it can be boring sometimes...I've seen every single episode...I'm tired od watching the dub at 2 in the morning...so I guess I should look more into it then? Maybe not... As for recommending it...yeah, I guess I half recommend it, half don't...it's your call...

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    clearly one of the best animes ever made, maybe one of only a handful that deserves attention from non-anime fans

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
  • This is gonna sound redundant at this point, but yeah, watch Cowboy Bebop. It has hands-down been my absolute favorite anime series for years now, and absolutely among the best I've ever seen. The music is phenomenal and is integrated perfectly into the show, the characters are well-rounded, the animation amazing (though by that, I mean technically; if the style puts you off, then it probably doesn't matter how consistently high quality it is). It doesn't drag itself on, either, clocking in at only 24 episodes.

Also? Fantastic dub. Actually, due to the the multicultural nature of the show and its characters, I actually genuinely prefer the English version to the Japanese.

Back