• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So excited for #Pokemon20. 90s Kid here! Hi all :)

Years
  • Hello! My name is Elly and I'm Australian. I'm a 90s kid and I've been a pokemon fan since I was a kid. I grew up watching the Pokemon phenomenon grow and I still love everything about it. I have sort of hid and suppressed my love for Pokemon as an adult now but I've always called myself a "big kid". I love Anime and geeky pop culture!! I decided to join this forum because I haven't really been apart of a forum before. Also, I would love to make friends with Pokemon fans of all ages and especially 90s kids like me! I've got a lot of awesome videos planned for my YouTube channel to celebrate Pokemon's 20th anniversary and I'm reimmersing myself in Pokemon as much as possible. I love making youtube videos...It's pretty much my life. I also love gameboys as I grew up with them too. I used to mod gameboys also! I made a custom gameboy colour for myself with a blue back shell, pink front, white buttons, white screen and put in a front light to play in the dark. I have a drawer full of gameboy parts and shells! I've been meaning to do more but I haven't had time. I've been working on making a mini Pokemon rom arcade machine though! Can't wait to show you guys :) Hope to hear from some of you :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I grew up literally the same way you did, being born in 1992 so I witnessed the whole start of the Pokemon franchise and when it first arrived to Australia. Anyways, awesome to see you today Elly!

I did notice you mainly loved the Kanto Pokemon and the Eeveelutions, any reason why? I know Eeveelutions are popular, and Kanto is a region with huge nostalgic connection but I'm always curious about why one's faves are their fave. Being a Game Boy modder is definitely an interesting hobby, but it's always fun when you get to play Pokemon in all its glory.

I hope you continue sticking around during the 20th anniversary celebrations, and don't hesitate to ask me if you have questions!

MusicClues

Mashup Maker and Sun/M/XY Champion/Master
    Years
  • Hi, fellow YouTuber! Welcome to PC!

I'm MusicClues, YouTuber and Pokemon Fan.
    I'm a 90's Kid too. Grew up Play the Games and Loving Them.
    Making YouTube Videos is Petty Much My life Too. XD
    Hope to See you around!

Years
  • I grew up literally the same way you did, being born in 1992 so I witnessed the whole start of the Pokemon franchise and when it first arrived to Australia. Anyways, awesome to see you today Elly!

I did notice you mainly loved the Kanto Pokemon and the Eeveelutions, any reason why? I know Eeveelutions are popular, and Kanto is a region with huge nostalgic connection but I'm always curious about why one's faves are their fave. Being a Game Boy modder is definitely an interesting hobby, but it's always fun when you get to play Pokemon in all its glory.

I hope you continue sticking around during the 20th anniversary celebrations, and don't hesitate to ask me if you have questions!

--

That's super awesome!! I am so excited to stick around for all the 20th anniversary stuff!
    It's nice to meet you by the way! I don't know many people my age who are into Pokemon! :)
    I guess I love Eevee to start because she is so cute lol. Also, I have a small mini fox terrier dog and eevee's looks remind me a bit of a dog or fox. I love dogs so much so I guess that translates to me loving eevee. Then I just love the fact that eevee can evolve into every type of Pokemon. I always thought it would be cool to have a party of Eevee's and her evolutions :D

Hope to talk again soon :)

Hi, fellow YouTuber! Welcome to PC!

I'm MusicClues, YouTuber and Pokemon Fan.
    I'm a 90's Kid too. Grew up Play the Games and Loving Them.
    Making YouTube Videos is Petty Much My life Too. XD
    Hope to See you around!

Just checked out your youtube channel - awesome stuff! Nice to meet you :)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Welcome to PC! I'm Dragon and it's wonderful to meet you~ I hope you're enjoying your stay so far! ^^ I've been playing since the 90s too! Those were great times, playing with Pokemon Blue and Yellow, and Gold/Silver going towards the early 2000s! <33

Mmm, but yeah, really cool that you used to mod gameboys; I have like, thee of em' myself, one from when I was a lad, and the others were just for collecting purposes! :3

Anywho, just remember that if you need to add something to a previous post and no one has posted after you, use the Edit button located under your post instead of double posting. Mmkay? <33 I hope you enjoy your stay! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Years
  • Hey there, I'm a 90s kid myself, although probably a bit younger than you XD Welcome to PC, Elly~! <33 I loved Pokémon so much that I have been hooked since I was a kid as well! I'm looking forward to #Pokemon20 as well and can't believe it's been around for so long!

Either way, I definitely look forward to seeing you around~ ♥ You're always welcome as well to leave me a visitor message if you ever want to chat with me or say hi! :)

Years
  • Amen to that one! Pokemon Yellow was the first Game Boy color game I ever had way back then. It released a day after my Birthday and ever since 99 I have been a die hard fan of Pokemon. I'm really glad I found out about this place. Silver is my favorite game out of the whole series though.

Another thing I cannot wait for the re release of Red, Blue & Yellow on the 3ds.

If I knew this place existed I would have joined ages ago.

Back