• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I hope they dont make it so you cant catch Lugia on HeartGold and vice versa. :\ I mean, c'mon, they were available on the originals, so at least make them available on this. :( I am curious about Leafeon and Glaceon though, with Eevee being available and all. :\

Nalu93

The Northern Wind
    Years
    I'm getting both of them because there'll be exclusive pokemon and because i loved Silver,Gold and Cristal that I'll have use as first game Soul Silver,and Gold Heart just to replay it again and again <3

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'll be getting Soul Silver. I've always preferred Silver over Gold anyway. No use turning back and changing my mind on which I prefer, right?

Over time, I'll probably get the Gold one.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    This will be the reason for me finally buying a DS, gotta love G/S. :D

Anyway, I'll be getting silver;
    Out of the originals I was the one with gold, my two cousins having silver and crystal.

EmpoleonRules7

Spurs!!!
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    I'll probably get HeartGold first then SoulSilver, or I might change my mind and get SoulSilver first.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I'll probably get one first and then buy the other later. As for which to get first... probably Hg since Gold was my first Pokemon game ever, but I'll wait and see what the exclusives look like before making a final choice.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I'm thinking it's a bit early to decide whether to get HeartGold or SoulSilver yet. I mean, we still have to wait 'till March-May 2010 for the English version. But I would get SoulSilver because Silver was the second GBC game I owned.

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    I can't decide! I've played 3 different Gold cartridges, and never Silver, so I may go with HeartGold, but Lugia completely OWNED Ho-Oh, so I may go for SoulSilver... tough choice... I think I'll wait until I see which Pokémon are exclusive to which game before I make my decision. Or else I'll do what I did with R/S. Pick the first one I see when I go into the shop. xD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am going to get Heart Gold because I liked Gold more than Silver for some reason.

Plus, my brother is going to be getting Soul Silver so I want to get Heart Gold instead of getting the exact same game.

Years
    I am going to get HeartGold. It was my first Gen 2 Game and I prefer it over SS for some reason like I pick Blue, Gold, Sapphire, and Diamond over the other version. :P

But I do buy the "3rd" version for extra fun. ^o^

HeartGold has a place in my Heart. *Shot for Dia Puns*

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Gold was my frist Second Gen Pokémon game I've played, but I think I'll get both. :3

(Heart Gold first, though. :P).

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    Well, I will probably get both, if I have enough money at the time. My first pick is Silver however, because that was the first one I got from the original game boy games. I later ended up getting Gold as well.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm getting both. Up until now I've only gotten one out of all the sets of two, and then the third game (except Crystal, though I dunno why I never got it, to be honest). Back in the day, I had Gold and my brother had Silver, but as far as color preference I like Silver better.

I love the names. To me they sort of echo how important the originals were as childhood memories, since I was in the peak of my Pokemon fandom at the time and so many great memories are associated with it. ♥

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Having the ability to capture Ho-oh is another reason why I am choosing Heart Gold over Soul Silver.

Back