• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So how old are you guys now?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
  • I'm 15 and started playing when I was 6, I'm okay if people at school find out since I know a lot of people are too scared to admit they play.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
  • I'm twenty, and I've been playing since I was eight. :) I've never been ashamed or embarrassed to say that I play. It's just a hobby; it's really no different than saying you like football, or scrap-booking, or anything else. I'm a sophomore in college, and I even play while I'm at class. xD (I'm a bad influence, don't do what I do!).

Lorenzo_Von_Matterhorn

Trainer of Awesome
    Years
  • I'm 26 and I play Pokemon. I don't give two hoots of a rat's "@$$" about who knows. I'm a gamer and will be for the rest of my life because I enjoy it and I hope I can enjoy Pokemon that long as well. While I may have my reservations about how the game is implemented in some aspects I'm generally and genuinely sold on it. So when this rumored Nintendo 3DSI with supposed 3G connection compatibility comes out and the 5th generation of Pokemon sets in expect me to be one of the first ones at the Gamestop or Toys R' Us to pick up a pre-ordered copy. Limited edition? Even better! I'll pay the extra for whatever extra Pokemon crap they throw in with it! Within reasonable cost... I'm crazy about Pokemon but I'm not stupid.

-Lorenzo

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
  • As of right now, I'm currently 22 and I've been playing since Red and Blue. I'm a long time fan of Pokemon and probably will be for a long time to come. I remember starting out with a copy of Pokemon Red that didn't save at all. Ah, the memories of catching a Beedrill and not being able to save. Lol. It's been a long time and I'm playing SoulSilver right now. I love the games. So fun and addicting like always. :)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I was 12 when I first played G/S/C, aaand now I'm 22, and still waiting to get my copy of HG. :3

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    Well 17 now, turning 18 in December 4th.
    First Pokemon game i think was Crystal, now playing SoulSilver :)

Years
  • I'm 19 and have played since red and blue first came out. Unfortunately all of my friends grew out of pokemon years ago, but that never stopped me from playing. I carry my pokewalker to college everyday and catch a few pokemon when the lectures get droll. I love pokemon and will never stop lovin it!!!

Sardonix

Years
  • I'm 19 and have played since red and blue first came out. Unfortunately all of my friends grew out of pokemon years ago, but that never stopped me from playing. I carry my pokewalker to college everyday and catch a few pokemon when the lectures get droll. I love pokemon and will never stop lovin it!!!

That's the kind of spirit I like to see. Once a fan, always a fan. If you like something, then enjoy it as much as you can. Don't let others hinder you from liking something. :)

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I was atleast 9 or 10 when the original G/S/C came out. So now I'm 19, and Im turning 20 in august.

=_=;; i feel old for this silly kids game. But oh well I love it still :D

Sardonix

Years
  • And here I was thinking that I'm too old to be playing Pokemon. Pfft, nope. Not the case anymore. I openly admit I play. Even while I'm on Facebook, I set my status to something Pokemon related from time to time. Lol

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The funny thing is my oldest son is older than most of you here! I am 38 and a former Marine, but I enjoy the Pokemon franchise. Well, except for DPP. I get ribbed occasionally by a few friends at work because of it, but I could care less. I really enjoy the strategic elements of the game and back in the RBY days it was a way that I could associate and interact with my sons. We even had a good neighborhood group where we used to live and hold tourneys and such. My oldest is off to college, but he is saving up to get HG. I got SS last week (or the week before) and my other two sons have dusted off their GBAs and have been playing their RSE and FRLG carts. My youngest even broke out our Silver version so he could be like dad! I will always enjoy Pokemon, but am going to be pretty disappointed if the next gen doesn't use the 2gb cart and is dramatically improved over HGSS.

Sardonix

Years
  • The funny thing is my oldest son is older than most of you here! I am 38 and a former Marine, but I enjoy the Pokemon franchise. Well, except for DPP. I get ribbed occasionally by a few friends at work because of it, but I could care less. I really enjoy the strategic elements of the game and back in the RBY days it was a way that I could associate and interact with my sons. We even had a good neighborhood group where we used to live and hold tourneys and such. My oldest is off to college, but he is saving up to get HG. I got SS last week (or the week before) and my other two sons have dusted off their GBAs and have been playing their RSE and FRLG carts. My youngest even broke out our Silver version so he could be like dad! I will always enjoy Pokemon, but am going to be pretty disappointed if the next gen doesn't use the 2gb cart and is dramatically improved over HGSS.

Wow, that's awesome. I wanna be like that with my kids. "Hey, [insert child's name here], wanna battle me in some Pokemon?" "Alright, you're on!" Haha. That is just awesome. Kudos to you, sir. :)

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • The funny thing is my oldest son is older than most of you here! I am 38 and a former Marine, but I enjoy the Pokemon franchise. Well, except for DPP. I get ribbed occasionally by a few friends at work because of it, but I could care less. I really enjoy the strategic elements of the game and back in the RBY days it was a way that I could associate and interact with my sons. We even had a good neighborhood group where we used to live and hold tourneys and such. My oldest is off to college, but he is saving up to get HG. I got SS last week (or the week before) and my other two sons have dusted off their GBAs and have been playing their RSE and FRLG carts. My youngest even broke out our Silver version so he could be like dad! I will always enjoy Pokemon, but am going to be pretty disappointed if the next gen doesn't use the 2gb cart and is dramatically improved over HGSS.
    Oh how wonderful! That is so adorable :)

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I started playing when I was 7, but never actually owned one of the games until I was 9. (Too poor to buy them at the time). And now I'm 19 and I have 7 different versions. (Would had more if my old man hadn't thrown them away >.<) Wow...12 years playing these games and I still love it! ^^

Back