• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So I'm new here

Years
  • I've played Pokemon since Gen 1, but never looked into the competitive side of it until recently. I'm currently playing X, beat it a while ago and am now just assembling a good team. I have no idea what my Safari is, because my only friend who owns a copy hasn't played more than an hour. Erm. That's about it?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I hope that the competitive side of pokemon proves to be your liking! I think it's pretty fun learning about all these different strategies, and using pokemon to their full potential, and so on! It's pretty challenging, and I do hope you'll enjoy it. <33

Welcome to the forums, btw, wiggins-buddy! How are you enjoying X? They say it's one of the best pokemon games of all time, with all good reason! I personally enjoy it myself, with a few quirks here and there, but it's still all good to have that interactivity and new pokemon! If you want to, you can visit the X&Y section in the friend code sharing thread to swap your FCs with other members and someone would tell you about your safari! (mine is fighting types myself, teehee).

Well, nice getting to know you, and enjoy your stay here on the forums! If you have a question or two, you can let me know, and I'll be more than glad to help out, or you can ask one of the other staff members here! Also great.

Toodleloo! And have a lovely staaaay. (:

Years
  • I'm like X a lot. I bought Black 2 after it actually, and found the post game better than X, but X is way more user friendly as far as EV training and what not. I recently got burned pretty bad on a GTS Trade(big surprise there amiright?) and got a HORRIBLE Froakie. Expecting a pokemon with protean, got a Froakie with poor attack, and speed IVs with the Torrent ability. Speaking of Pokemon with decent IVs, I have some decent IV'd Mawile eggs in my box if anyone's interested.

Years
  • My safari is ground and I'm still fairly upset about that. At least it has Diggersby but it's not as good as I'd hoped for. Well, can't have them all, I suppose. ;P Welcome to the forum, wiggins! :D

Battle Center will be perfect for getting information on competitive battling as well as teams rated and all that jazz. Quite a lot of people pop into the forum hoping for some battle-related advice so you'll find a lot of that here and will settle in nicely. I'm still learning the ins and outs of it myself, having only participated in matches this generation.

Good luck and see you around! I'd love to tell you what your safari type is but my 3DS friends list is full from what I remember. Just utilize the friend safari thread in X&Y and you'll be good to go. Cheers.

Years
  • Hi Wiggins! Nice to see you here today, and yeah I feel sorry for you getting scammed and ending up with a terrible Froakie. PC doesn't like to make its members feel bad.

As Sheep recommended you'll enjoy the Battle Center section and you should also check out the battle server where you can battle fellow members. I'm one of the active members of the server so I do hope to see you stick around, and the regulars of Battle Center are always on hand to give you assistance with team help, because not everyone is aware of the metagame at first.

And good to see you posted in the XY Friend Codes thread, I'm sure someone there will find your safari details soon enough and make sure you add that to your signature once it's known because there may be a chance you end up with a high-in-demand Pokemon there. Well, have an awesome time and if you have a question don't hesitate to contact a staff member.

Take care, Wiggins! Enjoy your day.

- Hikamaru

Back