• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So.. It went BOOM!

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    PC is the only website i know that crashes XD but i dont mind because its also the best website

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
    Years
    YAY!! PC is back!! when i saw a ghost page in me fave thread, and that the person it said posted last didnt change after two posts by different people, i was all D: and then when i heard there was a DBE i went all ?_? and then when i saw the message that didnt go away after hours, i was all NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PC IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PC is basically me life. *spends every second of free time on pc* *has no life*

yay for admins!!! they can ressurect dead forums!! all bow down to their mighty power!! *worships admins who fixed the forum* *hugs PC coz Rukario said it might need it*

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    This happens often after the release of a new game, but the chances are much lower after username changing was cancelled about 2 months ago. Oh, well.

Anyway, this happens a lot with PC, so get used to it. I'm nearly done 3 years here.

Years
    Makes me wish I had $100+ to donate so that you could put it away into a fund for new hardware. Which begs the question: How old is this poor server?

It lives! I love how everything always compounds on you all when trying to repair it. Oh well, it's all better now.

Computers are heartless like that. What sucks is when everything hits the fan just before you were gonna leave for the day.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Hah, this server isn't cheap or old; it's fairly recent hardware and we bought it last year. Thing is, with big sites like us, it'd probably be efficient to divide the load between two or more servers; of course, we simply couldn't afford it and $100 in donations is meagre as opposed to the upfront and then monthly fee we'd be shelling out on a new server, let alone a dual configuration.

Yes, keep in mind that we already use server-grade components.

D'awww... I wanted to post something witty. :\

Nice to see that you guys were able to fix everything, though.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    So now, I must ask. If this table is, or was "broken" and crashed the site, could there be more tables that are broken, because the site went down (Database Error) again today. -_- I don't like it when that happens, but I suppose it is life, and we all must live on. But, like if this (for example) table, that post table, or whatever it was called, isn't the only table affected when the site crashed, should we expect more site crashes in the near future? I hope not, because when I visit my forum, it's kinda lonely, as I have only one member, and that member is one of my friends, and he has never used it. (I'm so lonely.... Oh, so lonely...)

nope.. its fine.. that was just a normal too many connections issue and me restarting apache / killing processes.. nothing to worry about.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    It went BOOM again. And just now, too!

Honestly, I had to use your IP address to actually access this site, but I'm using the normal link. This is creepy.

Also, I saw a Database Error, so either vBulletin went down, or your server, or both in a row.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    Poke Community is a love hate relationship right now. Howcome you got rid of the name change feature when it obviously wasn't that making it go wrong?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Poke Community is a love hate relationship right now. Howcome you got rid of the name change feature when it obviously wasn't that making it go wrong?

Actually, it made more glitches than right now. PC's server crashed and a few important files were damaged or deleted, such as 'postindex'.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    I woke up to an overloaded and all but totally crashed server this morning.

Now,this was due to too many connections and Apache (then later MySQL) locked up and failed.
    This kind of issue happens to any web server from time to time, and was easily fixed by a restart or reboot.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    ^ Your post glitched. Anyway, it was out for about 4 hours and I wondered why didn't you update Twitter. Meh.

Also, my forum glitched as well. Small burp, who cares.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Yeah, it did it again, but it seemed different this time. It wasn't like a server problem, it was almost like internet wan't working, but it was just PC that wasn't working.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    well when things on the server start locking up (mostly due to ram gone or IOWait) services start failing.. in this case, we also lost dns service and it took it a bit longer to return properly so you'd get a page not found / can't connect to site error.

*sigh*

Back