• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

so many noobs

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    It's funny, my current PBR team isn't EV trained and I still destroy all the uber users on wii-fi. XD

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    PBR is just like D/P. Except pwning n00bs in 3D. I only played my cousin's, used my EV trained team. BPjask to Sporeloom for the wins. Too meh for me, but it is fun watching n00bs try Thunderbolt Swapret. :laugh:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Why does everyone keep talking about legendaries and Ubers as if they were the same thing? They're two completely different things and should never be mixed up.
    There's this thing called the Uber Metagame.
    This post = auto win. And I'm sure many people use Ubers in PBR just so they can stand a chance against other players there. It's an endless cycle. Let's say 30% (just a random number I used as an example) of the PBR players were random 7 year old kids who used Ubers because they look cool. Then people who didn't know about EVs but used regular Pokémon got fed up with getting their butt kicked by Ubers all the time, so they decided they'll use Ubers as well so now 70% (just a random number again) of all players use Ubers. If 7 year old kids would have been banned from PBR we might have less Ubers there.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Why does everyone keep talking about legendaries and Ubers as if they were the same thing? They're two completely different things and should never be mixed up.

This post = auto win. And I'm sure many people use Ubers in PBR just so they can stand a chance against other players there. It's an endless cycle. Let's say 30% (just a random number I used as an example) of the PBR players were random 7 year old kids who used Ubers because they look cool. Then people who didn't know about EVs but used regular Pokémon got fed up with getting their butt kicked by Ubers all the time, so they decided they'll use Ubers as well so now 70% (just a random number again) of all players use Ubers. If 7 year old kids would have been banned from PBR we might have less Ubers there.
    Yeah, that's true. If it werent for Ubers being used ny noobs then they would be less common. But I do belive that Ubers are decent pokemon too and should not be excluded from the standard metagame. Ubers are strong. No doubt about that. But they all have one crucial flaw that can be exploited. They have weaknesses and all as well. I feel that if people would balance the standards with ubers when party building that the game wouldnt be so bad.
    Yes, when properly trained ubers can be 'titans' and unbeatable by stadard pokemon. But you must realize that most noobs wielding ubers know NOTHING of EVs and the like and do not train them properly. When that occurs the uber is simply as strong as any regular EV trained standard pokemon when it comes to their naturally strong stat(s).
    I keep ubers in my team to efficiently counter noob's Ubers and as a back up when all else fails. My ubers arent well trained either. I dont bother EV training them too much because I know their stats will be fine.
    To be honest I grow tired of people blaming ubers for ruined battles. They arent much diiferent from the rest and they are only as good as the trainer behind them.

Last edited:

Allen K.

At least!
    Years
    I'm planning to use 2 uber pokemon (Mewtwo and Kyogre).

Sure, a team of ubber EV trained, with chosen nature and good IV is so owning.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    What's the purpose of dissing someone for using a Pokemon that's coded in the game and made sprites art for so you can enjoy yourself, it's for noobs? If they are you say you can win anyway so I don't really care who uses Ubers or not it's all about using what Pokemon you want and like and battling.x3

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    What's the purpose of dissing someone for using a Pokemon that's coded in the game and made sprites art for so you can enjoy yourself, it's for noobs? If they are you say you can win anyway so I don't really care who uses Ubers or not it's all about using what Pokemon you want and like and battling.x3

Hear, hear.

And Uber users are vastly stereotyped anyway. Saying that anyone who uses Ubers are n00bs is a common stereotype I see on Pokémon boards. What baffles me is that people say they give themselves an unfair advantage if they use Ubers, but can beat them. What's to complain about then? Younger fans who don't understand the complexity of IVs and EVs etc will use Ubers, because, naturally, they think they are the strongest. Many OU Pokémon can defeat EV trained Ubers when used in the right way. Shadow Ball from a Choice Scarf Alakazam on Mewtwo, anyone?

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    Incidentally, there are more people complaining about n00bs than there are n00bs to begin with.

Shining.Shadows

Professional Mourner
    Years
    I have to say this, but having legendaries on your team does not make you a noob. Also, NOT having legendaries does not make you a 1337 trainer. So what if the person you're battling has them on? If you complain that they're being noobs, read up...
    a) They're clearly one step ahead of you, if they're a noob, what does that make YOU?
    b) You're a sore loser.
    Just because you only battle with non Legers does not make you the cool kid on the block (after all, is this not Pokémon we are talking about?) No, training your Pokémon up properly so your line-up is built like brick s**t houses and teaching them kickass moves makes you a good trainer, not whether you don't use Legends or not. After all, it's just a game. Get over yourselfs, n00bthrowers. Face the facts, YOU lost to a "n00b" because you suck, not because they have a "cheating" team. If they weren't supposed to have Legers on their team, then they wouldn't be able to. "Sportsmanship" you call it? No, it's a battle of Pokémon.

There's no "sportsmanship" in it, as there is no sport in it, hence the whole virtual aspect of it all. Or have some of you lost your grip on that difference called reality?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    I have to say this, but having legendaries on your team does not make you a noob. Also, NOT having legendaries does not make you a 1337 trainer. So what if the person you're battling has them on? If you complain that they're being noobs, read up...
    a) They're clearly one step ahead of you, if they're a noob, what does that make YOU?
    b) You're a sore loser.
    Just because you only battle with non Legers does not make you the cool kid on the block (after all, is this not Pokémon we are talking about?) No, training your Pokémon up properly so your line-up is built like brick s**t houses and teaching them kickass moves makes you a good trainer, not whether you don't use Legends or not. After all, it's just a game. Get over yourselfs, n00bthrowers. Face the facts, YOU lost to a "n00b" because you suck, not because they have a "cheating" team. If they weren't supposed to have Legers on their team, then they wouldn't be able to. "Sportsmanship" you call it? No, it's a battle of Pokémon.

There's no "sportsmanship" in it, as there is no sport in it, hence the whole virtual aspect of it all. Or have some of you lost your grip on that difference called reality?

Thank you.

This post contains immense amounts of win.

Years

Can i point out that your name is Uber...
    Do you know why there is uber tier? It has something to do with Base stats and Move pools. I agree that people who use ubers are just lazy. I didnt use any ubers when taking out the elite four. I used my EV trained Torterra and Gyarados. If you think that ubers are just as fair, you probably just cant win without them. How old are you anyway? Ten?

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    archer said:
    How old are you anyway? Ten?

thats the stupidest insult you can get! whats your IQ, 2? acording to putting 2 as your location it probably is. your name is archer, how creative - the list goes on.

if he doesn't care who uses what he's probably better off the the idiots that go around yelling OMG A UBAR USAR!

if your going to battle, just say no ubers, you don't need to go around flaming people randomly.

anyways i'm an active battler here, and just because there are some people that use ubers, EV trained pokemon can kick thier butt's anyways, although if you are EV training an uber, you've got serious lazyness problems- but thats still no reason to flame over.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    You guys are saying using Ubers is fair? So, having a pokemon with stats can reach 430 is fair?

Ubers are trophies that remind you when you beat a certain point in the game, and anyone who uses them to compete with the REGULAR competitive battling scene needs that extra boost of handicap because they're either too lazy to play fair, or that they think that winning with Ubers is actually winning.

Hence why Ubers are popular with the newbie scene, since they don't know how to play, but they can still keep up with the veteran players.

Ubers stats are totally cheap, and nothing anybody says in this thread is gonna change their movesets or base stat count.

Back