• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

so many noobs

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Cresselia isn't uber for one good reason; it can't deal damage to save its life. Pure Psychic isn't a great typing, either. Bug, Dark and Ghost moves have all become extremely popular in D/P and Cresselia's defenses aren't that hard to break through. Cresselia is just asking for Tyranitar to come in on it and set up and a Choice Specs Gengar should also be able to scare it away unless it uses Psychic over Ice Beam, which is isn't really that common. Swords Dance Weavile also has a heck of a time with Cresselia and Bronzong, Blissey and friends can easily outstall it. Sharpedo (although it isn't that common in standard play) is also an example of a Pokémon that can easily beat Cresselia and the list just goes on.

Cresselia's great offensive capabilities are close to nothing and it really isn't capable of doing anything else than taking damage.

Monkey In Rehab

Spritee
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2007
    Cresselia isn't uber for one good reason; it can't deal damage to save its life. Pure Psychic isn't a great typing, either. Bug, Dark and Ghost moves have all become extremely popular in D/P and Cresselia's defenses aren't that hard to break through. Cresselia is just asking for Tyranitar to come in on it and set up and a Choice Specs Gengar should also be able to scare it away unless it uses Psychic over Ice Beam, which is isn't really that common. Swords Dance Weavile also has a heck of a time with Cresselia and Bronzong, Blissey and friends can easily outstall it. Sharpedo (although it isn't that common in standard play) is also an example of a Pokémon that can easily beat Cresselia and the list just goes on.

Cresselia's great offensive capabilities are close to nothing and it really isn't capable of doing anything else than taking damage.

You have a very good point here. I would never use Cresselia in a fight between bug/dark/ghost.

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    Mithos Kid said:
    okay so unlike you guys breeding a couple times for the perfect nature and perfect IV's I get to catch ONE cresselia, it doesn't get to be rebred for natures or IV's you take what you get.

It takes the same ammount of time to EV train it.

and on top of that it's psychic type! it can be easily knocked out with a crunch or something.

it's base stats aren't higher then any other pokemon's, infact there they are the EXACT SAME total ammount as many other you use such as skarmory and blissey.

If using a cresselia is uncreative breeding for IV's and natures is even more uncreative.

eh it's from earlier thats my view on cresselia/all non uber legends.

although that was last night, so parts of it not make sense.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Yeah, Cresselia is still cheap. If any tier list goes up here, Cresselia better be on the Uber list.
    Since when has anything that can only hope to damage something if it happens to be weak to your attack and can't even Pressurestall ever hope to become an uber? Cresselia isn't cheap, it's just annoying, but provides a perfect opportunity for many Pokémon to set up a sweep. Blissey is a pain in the neck to take down, but that doesn't make it uber, does it?

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    even if you train a cresselia in sp. def and defence (which is not what you should do) it'll still end up easier to defeat then chansey unless the chansey is being attacked by a choice banded dugtrio.

cresselia is about the opposite of uber infact she's pretty easy to defeat.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Since when has anything that can only hope to damage something if it happens to be weak to your attack and can't even Pressurestall ever hope to become an uber? Cresselia isn't cheap, it's just annoying, but provides a perfect opportunity for many Pokémon to set up a sweep. Blissey is a pain in the neck to take down, but that doesn't make it uber, does it?

Yeah, last time I checked, I still think it's cheap.

Shining.Shadows

Professional Mourner
    Years
    Why are you guys getting so hyped up over a kid's game?

If you guys get THAT serious over people getting easy wins, then you guys need to find something else to do.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (I could go on forever here). Anyway, yeah. I mean, if people like luigi and scyther get so wound up by it, maybe they should invest their time in something a little more constructive, if that is, they hope to get something out of their invested time. iRespect is not gained from a battle of Pokémon. Far from it, fellow beans.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (I could go on forever here). Anyway, yeah. I mean, if people like luigi and scyther get so wound up by it, maybe they should invest their time in something a little more constructive, if that is, they hope to get something out of their invested time. iRespect is not gained from a battle of Pokémon. Far from it, fellow beans.

Excuse me? Did you read ANY of my post? Watch who you insult. I said I don't care, because the ubers that are faced are used by casual users, making them no real threat. Before you start telling people what to do with their lives, think & read. If thats how you feel, you're on the wrong forum. Just cause I feel strong on a subject does NOT mean you get to tell me "do something constuctive".

If you & Yoshimitsu feel it such a kids game, then you're on the wrong forum. Seriously, its a pokemon fan forum.

Last edited:

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Ha ha. Luigi's right, if you're going to be bashing people for liking pokemon, then why are you on a pokemon fan forum, posting in pokemon themed threads? The reason I get "hyped" up is because Pokemon is my hobby, and has been since it first came out and I hate to see it become a one-sided game. Sorry I'm not, "cool" like you guys.

sims796

Years
    Me & xXscytherXx don't agree on much, but we both find it very much annoying when you insult someone over a hobby. Video games in general are mine. But I have a liking to pokemon, so I play it.

Why does everyone calls me Luigi? I really gotta change my banner! :D

Last edited:

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Oops, I didn't mean to call you luigi. It's just cause he did XDD Plus you have Luigi tatooed all over your signature. >.<

You wanna know what I'm tired of hearing? The word n00b. It sounds disgusting.

Urablur

Losing Street Cred
    Years
    Noob sounds like a house object.
    I'm not sure how the word newbie got convulsed into this... I blame WoW. >.>

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    If you & Yoshimitsu feel it such a kids game, then you're on the wrong forum. Seriously, its a pokemon fan forum.

I never said I didn't like pokemon. I'm just stating that the game is geared toward kids, and you guys calling people idiots just because they play the game is unethical.

Ha ha. Luigi's right, if you're going to be bashing people for liking pokemon, then why are you on a pokemon fan forum, posting in pokemon themed threads? The reason I get "hyped" up is because Pokemon is my hobby, and has been since it first came out and I hate to see it become a one-sided game. Sorry I'm not, "cool" like you guys.

We're not bashing anyone, first of all. If we were bashing you for liking pokemon, we'd be banned. I understand that Pokemon is a hobby for you, but you are taking it way too seriously. Just because kids don't know the game inside and out does not justify you guys calling them n00bs. Also, we're not trying to be cool. Don't try to make us the bad guys. We're not doing anything wrong.

sims796

Years
    Have you been reading ANY of my post AT ALL? Or have you just seen my name alot, & made assumtions? Here, I'll quote one:

Willingness to learn? I disagree with that spot. You're right, some people does not care about EV's & the like. We competitors didn't make the game. If they wanna play casually, who are we to tell them otherwise? Time required to make a team? Maybe they don't care about the game like we do to bother with EV's, IV's, & the like. They have full right to play wi fi, & PBR. The game wasn't made "reserved for hardcore gamers", it was made for whoever can fork over $50, which, unfortunately, rookies can buy.

But I completely agree with that sportsmanship comment. Everything that has even a thin slip of competition has a layer of sportsmanship that should always be respected. From Basketball, right down to staring contest.

This should clear things up. And before you say we get hyped over a kids game, remember that it's complicated for adults as well. But before you react to this one sentence, read my ENTIRE post first.

I agree, ubers are used all too common, but they are often used by casual players & kids, making them no real treat. My 8 year old cousin uses them, cause they "look cool" and, according to him, are "unbeatable". Cute. Should he not use them for our sakes? Do you know his set for Dailgia? The same one you get when you catch it. Is he a threat? Not at all. So whats the problem?

EDIT: Now that I read Ariel's post, I sounded sarcastic. I wasn't aimming for that. I was pay you a compliment. My bad.

Here is another post stating how I feel. Understand yet?

Last edited:

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    Have you been reading ANY of my post AT ALL? Or have you just seen my name alot, & made assumtions? Here, I'll quote one:

This should clear things up. And before you say we get hyped over a kids game, remember that it's complicated for adults as well. But before you react to this one sentence, read my ENTIRE post first.

Here is another post stating how I feel. Understand yet?

Don't talk to me like I'm a retard.

Back