• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

so many noobs

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    It's not that hard to imagine what would happen if to Wobbo's met. They'd keep using Struggle, until one of them died.

But seriously, Ichida had some valid points you guys didn't address. Using Ubers is not about catching up with the normal competitive battling scene, it's about keeping them away from the normal competitive battling scene.

Frankly, I don't even see why there is a discussion about this. Use Ubers in the Uber tier, use OU in their tier. Simple as that.

laronde

All ur Base r belong to Bidoof
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    I honestly hae no problem with ubers and the complaint of tiers, aslong as you use ubers because they're your favorites and not using them because you want to win (abusing a team of ubers...just like in GameStop tournament...how the mighty have fallen), I don't mind.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    It's not that hard to imagine what would happen if to Wobbo's met. They'd keep using Struggle, until one of them died.

But seriously, Ichida had some valid points you guys didn't address. Using Ubers is not about catching up with the normal competitive battling scene, it's about keeping them away from the normal competitive battling scene.

Frankly, I don't even see why there is a discussion about this. Use Ubers in the Uber tier, use OU in their tier. Simple as that.

Never said hard to imagine. Just said imaging.

I agree with you, I really do. But try telling that to casual players & kids who use ubers. If PBR had an uber setting, similar to original Pokemon Stadium, it would be perfect for you guys. Unfortunatley, until that happens, you'll just keep seeing them, & smacking them down.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    @ last few posts of pg. 3:

Fighting with ubers is like bowling with bumpers blocking the gutters. Fighting with ubers is like playing an FPS with unlimited ammo. Fighting with ubers is like playing an MMO with EXP rates in the thousand multiples. Fighting with ubers is like playing T-ball with... T-ball. Fighting with ubers is like playing a Pokemon game with ubers. :P I'd think up more examples, but I believe my point is established. Also note the quote that's been in my sig for the last few weeks. :P

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    hmm isn't runescape an MMO that qualifies to that? I used to play that a ton.

anyways is cresselia considered an uber? I can't ever tell.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013

Fighting with ubers is like bowling with bumpers blocking the gutters. Fighting with ubers is like playing an FPS with unlimited ammo. Fighting with ubers is like playing an MMO with EXP rates in the thousand multiples. Fighting with ubers is like playing T-ball with... T-ball. Fighting with ubers is like playing a Pokemon game with ubers. :P I'd think up more examples, but I believe my point is established. Also note the quote that's been in my sig for the last few weeks. :P
    Really making this forum safe for kids.x3

sims796

Years

Exactly, Ichida, exactly. If casual players need that crutch to be a challenge to compettitors, then so be it.

You have just been fighting for that trophy, have you? You win. Those were some awesome similies.

Ichida

Years
    Mithos Kid said:
    hmm isn't runescape an MMO that qualifies to that? I used to play that a ton.

anyways is cresselia considered an uber? I can't ever tell.

Yes, and yes. I actually had Ragnarok Online in mind when I wrote that.

sims796 said:
    You win. Those were some awesome similies.

*bow* Thank you. I spent ten minutes on that post trying to think more similes up. :P

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Ichida said:
    People who engage in uber battles are like alcoholics who drink together. They think that just because they both do it, it's publicly acceptable.
    This is still truely the best one. My favorite, anyways.

sims796

Years
    This is my favorite simile of Ichhida.

It's like a fight in Dragon Ball. It's explosive, doesn't require effort to weave together, and it pisses nearby people off.

But on topic, these post just about sums up my feeling on uber users. CASUAL uber users.

I prefer to call people with all uber teams "uber noobs." =)

Actually, I don't think people who use all ubers are noobs, but when I see a moveset that's "Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, Thunder, and Hyper Beam," I pretty much know I'm dealing with a 7-year-old. I've beaten full uber teams before with a lot of ease and sometimes I lose after a hard battle. Does it really matter if people use all ubers as long as you have a good, fun battle playing the game you love?

No, Uber aren't fair, but unless those Ubers are EV trained (most of which aren't), a good player should be able to beat them fairly easily. Most people who play Pokémon are just casual players who don't know anything about natures, IVs, EVs etc and just because we're more knowledgeable of Pokémon than they are doesn't make us smarter than them and it really gives us no right to call them n00bs. (newbies maybe, but not n00bs) If anyone is to blame for this it's Nintendo for not banning Ubers, not the people who are using them.

Ichida

Years
    Cresselia's the new Lugia, with more healing moves, while Lugia's got more attack moves. Sky Attack's monstrous base power makes up for its low offensive stats, and it's got the defenses to take a hit from almost anything while it prepares the attack. >.<

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Whatever. She's cheap, I mean people can't say that it isn't. I mean great moveset, great typing, and great stats.

I don't see why people don't put it in the Uber tier.

sims796

Years
    I'm not disagreeing. I think she should be uber. But I'm at least trying to see the point of view of those who thinks its not an uber. Although I did a lousy job. I don't like Cressila, & Lunar Dance (cool name) to me just makes it harder. I waste three pokes trying to take it out, it uses Lunar Dance & brings back my weakness? Unfair. But thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Dior

My logic is infallible lol
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2007
    I swear everytime I play I run into a team of all legeneds but the funny thing is it is so easy to beat them all my evs win but anyway anyone else use legends often?
    Your internet-toughness just went up by one point 8D.

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    Why are you guys getting so hyped up over a kid's game?

If you guys get THAT serious over people getting easy wins, then you guys need to find something else to do.

Back