• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Like I said before, it's essentially a beefed-up, delayed Quiver Dance.

I like the Frost Breath buff. Will it be the go-to Ice STAB now?

Well Ice Beam still has more availability than Frost Breath but any Ice type pokemon that had to choose between the two should pick Frost Breath for sure. Is just 10% accuracy less than Ice Beam with 25 more BP and now that a lot of 120 BP moves are getting nerf to 110 BP it just gets better. As far as I know Fire Blast, Blizzard and Hurricane got nerfed to 110.

Spoiler:

Hidden Power also got a nerf, its now consistently 60 BP.

Spoiler:

Years
    So tempted to watch it!

Anyway here are MegaGardevoir stats with a new ability Pixilate, it turns Normal type moves into Fairy type moves.

Spoiler:

That looks cool. I was hoping we'd get another Refrigerate-like ability with different types. Hoping we get more type variants of these.

I knew Delphox still had a wand like Braixen's. It was just hidden somewhere. And Delphox's signature move Mystic Fire lowers the opponent's Sp. Attack.

So Geomancy is a 2 turn move. That makes it a little more interesting.

Yeah, I was expecting the move to be something like that. Taking a turn charging up and then attacking the next turn, like a Solar Beam of sorts.

Wow that's really cool, I wonder if the Caribbean gets its own design.

Anyway these are Pyroar stats, not what I expected.

Spoiler:

I was kinda expecting Pyroar as a special attacker, but that means it can take more advantage of its Fire STABs due to them being mostly special. The Normal attacks are sadly rare in the special department but I'm hoping Noble Roar has some decent BP.

New Vivillion Theory:
    Each country has a different design. The leakers of the similar patterns were from the same countries.

I wonder what the US pattern will be?!?!? (If this is true)

Below is just a diagram.

Spoiler:

Okay, so if the different forms of Vivillon are based entirely on which country the game copy comes from, it's definitely a first for form differences. If so, I'm wondering what pattern me and my Aussie cohorts will be getting.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    These are Absol stat changes when it Mega Evolves. It has Quirky nature and it's level 15.

Absol

Spoiler:

MegaAbsol

Spoiler:

There's also a video of MegaGyarados getting hit with SE damage from a Fairy type move and it apparently has Mold Breaker.

Years
    Well Ice Beam still has more availability than Frost Breath but any Ice type pokemon that had to choose between the two should pick Frost Breath for sure. Is just 10% accuracy less than Ice Beam with 25 more BP and now that a lot of 120 BP moves are getting nerf to 110 BP it just gets better. As far as I know Fire Blast, Blizzard and Hurricane got nerfed to 110.

Spoiler:

Hidden Power also got a nerf, its now consistently 60 BP.

Spoiler:

I know that Frost Breath gets shallow distribution outside of Ice-types, but for Ice-types that learn the move it's a welcoming cheer for them since now they'll have a decent move to use before getting Ice Beam.

And Hidden Power being always 60 BP? I'm still wondering how the calculations will be done for each type.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I know that Frost Breath gets shallow distribution outside of Ice-types, but for Ice-types that learn the move it's a welcoming cheer for them since now they'll have a decent move to use before getting Ice Beam.

And Hidden Power being always 60 BP? I'm still wondering how the calculations will be done for each type.

Yeah there are some notable Ice types that can use it well. Lapras for example can change from BoltBeam to BoltBreath, providing a much threatening coverage. Articuno is another one who can rely on it, it won't have to stall as much if it carries a reliable 120 BP move.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That is until the No-Crit Pokemon appear. Not high in number but still enough to be a check.

We may get an Item to do the same and I'm pretty sure that an attack exists that lowers/nullifies Crit Hit chances.

Years
    check this out guys. Its a video of the encounter with xereneas. (MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT BTW.)
    Also proves that greninja is real well actually that pic of delphox up their already proved it lol

Spoiler:

I made sure I skipped the beginning bit and just watched the battle, but something has concerned me here... Xerneas was awfully easy to catch... I mean, one Ultra Ball... and one attempt? Hmmmm.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    That is until the No-Crit Pokemon appear. Not high in number but still enough to be a check.

We may get an Item to do the same and I'm pretty sure that an attack exists that lowers/nullifies Crit Hit chances.

Most of those pokemon are not a threat anyway and the ones that are good usually don't carry Shell Armor. The only good check I see is Anger Point Primeape.

Years
    check this out guys. Its a video of the encounter with xereneas. (MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT BTW.)
    Also proves that greninja is real well actually that pic of delphox up their already proved it lol

Spoiler:

I love how Xerneas enters the battle. It's really cool. No wonder I'm loving it even more!

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Here's an update on the Vivillion patterns. Seems to me player location might actually be what alters Vivillion's pattern.

Spoiler:

Years
    Here's an update on the Vivillion patterns. Seems to me player location might actually be what alters Vivillion's pattern.

Spoiler:

Yeah I had a feeling it was going to be player location-exclusive. I wonder if that's a way to encourage us to use the GTS more if we want all the different wing patterns.

Now I'm hoping that an Australian player can reveal which Vivillon form I'll be getting when I play the games... and some US people here want to see which form they'll get as well. Maybe when the games get officially released we'll find out all the forms and which players get them.

But still, it's a first for form differences.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Wow that's really cool, I wonder if the Caribbean gets its own design.

Anyway these are Pyroar stats, not what I expected.

Spoiler:

But aren't lions known for their physical strength? Pyroar's base stats seems pretty inaccurate to its real life counterpart, but I guess GF didn't want it to outclass Arcanine, a powerful physical sweeper, nor Luxray, another lion Pokemon.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    I'm thinking that Vivillion's patterns are dependent from where they were caught, not by the game's region. Kalos has a desert, tundra, meadow, ocean, and other places included in the image a few posts above this one.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    But aren't lions known for their physical strength? Pyroar's base stats seems pretty inaccurate to its real life counterpart, but I guess GF didn't want it to outclass Arcanine, a powerful physical sweeper, nor Luxray, another lion Pokemon.

Luxray is based of a Lynx no a lion I think. Though both are big cats. Also, I wouldn't really call Arcanine a lion, just a big dog. But anyways, they usually don't follow real life. To me I find it pretty rare, but that might just be me.

About Vivillion. Isn't that just too many areas to make it personal regional for type? I really don't think it is. Why would Canada be Polar? It may get cold up there, but I would not really consider it a Polar Region. Again I have never been there. If it is however based on region. I guess US is probably going to be the same as Canada though. Not to mention if I wanted all forms, I would have no choice, but to get a form in a different language which I normally don't like. I prefer all my pokemon to be in English.

Is Shinx catchable in game? Be fun to catch it and a Litleo and name them Mufasa and Scar haha. Although both are lions.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2019
    For someone who was disappointed by the starter evolutions when they came out, i can't believe how much i am liking them after seeing in gameplay. Especially Delphox. It looks really classy.

Years
    Xerneas stats leaked!

Spoiler:

This is way different than what I was predicting. It appears to be mainly offensive like Yveltal, but more in the special department.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back