• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    So the campaign is roughly 35 hours? Jeez. Do any of the reviews mention post-game? I only read IGNs review and its clear he didn't play much post-game considering his comment about AI (I doubt the post-game AI is worse then, say, PWT).

Years
    So the campaign is roughly 35 hours? Jeez. Do any of the reviews mention post-game? I only read IGNs review and its clear he didn't play much post-game considering his comment about AI (I doubt the post-game AI is worse then, say, PWT).

I have to say, if that's anything to go by I'm assuming the main story alone is pretty long compared to past games. That's really impressive I've got to say, and I'm betting the post-game will have a huge abundance of features and stuff to do.

My point for not perfect score is weak: I kinda recall they praise BW Unova for having all new Pokemon, good plot and graphics.

Unless that is they are fine with Game Freak spamming Gen VI with abundant of old Pokemon... :/

You know, I think your theory might be true. I was sorta guessing the reason Black 2 and White 2 scored a bit lower than Black and White was because the former had older Pokemon available during the story, where the latter had just Unova Pokemon.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    IGN 9.0. They're saying that AI is still not really advanced.

Are they serious? They should know that Pokemon is mainly targeted for kids...
    Are they expecting the NPCs to slaughter those kids' Pokemon? :O
    Geez...

I knew that XY will exceed the previous play time. I knew it!

Years
    IGN 9.0. They're saying that AI is still not really advanced.

You know, I kinda think Black 2 and White 2 had some pretty smart AI, notably in the PWT as some Gym Leaders had Berries nerfing your super-effective hit and then defeating you with a move you're suddenly weak to. Even I think some Trainers encountered in the field often loved spamming stat-lowering moves based on my experience.

But yeah, as Makoto pointed out I'm guessing the AI is not really smart is presumably due to the targeted audience.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    You know, I kinda think Black 2 and White 2 had some pretty smart AI, notably in the PWT as some Gym Leaders had Berries nerfing your super-effective hit and then defeating you with a move you're suddenly weak to. Even I think some Trainers encountered in the field often loved spamming stat-lowering moves based on my experience.

But yeah, as Makoto pointed out I'm guessing the AI is not really smart is presumably due to the targeted audience.
    didnt they introduce a harder mode in bw2 though? so they could do the same again a veteran mode would be B/A

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    The AI thing doesn't bother me, we don't know if Challenge mode is coming back. So the reviewer could have been playing in Normal.

Years
    didnt they introduce a harder mode in bw2 though? so they could do the same again a veteran mode would be B/A

I was basically talking about the AI on normal mode, but yeah you were right. It's Challenge Mode fyi.

But you know, I'm wondering if they'll have something like B2/W2's Challenge Mode and Easy Mode in this game as well.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    About AI: Didn't someone say that the Servipers used Swagger on each other (and healed with berries)??

Seems pretty advanced to me. Sounds like a dangerous horde.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    I saw on a French review for the game something about new pokémons:

Original text:
    Spoiler:

Translation:
    Spoiler:

I really don't know what to think about it...

Years
    The AI thing doesn't bother me, we don't know if Challenge mode is coming back. So the reviewer could have been playing in Normal.

Yeah I'm assuming that was the case. He was probably playing in normal mode, and maybe the same could have applied for those leakers we've seen leaking screenshots.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014

Original text:
    Spoiler:

Translation:
    Spoiler:

just that it takes time before you see most of the new pokemon

I was basically talking about the AI on normal mode, but yeah you were right. It's Challenge Mode fyi.

But you know, I'm wondering if they'll have something like B2/W2's Challenge Mode and Easy Mode in this game as well.
    yeahh but vet mode sounds cooler lol

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I was thinking the same. But since there were no mentions of it or similar setting. I guess we can assume the answer is no. :(

About AI: Didn't someone say that the Servipers used Swagger on each other (and healed with berries)??

Seems pretty advanced to me. Sounds like a dangerous horde.

Apparently those so called Gaming Reviewers know nothing about those complicated mechanics. :/
    I even heard Seviper slaying a Zangoose, but IGN was not satisfied with these new toys. :(

Years

Original text:
    Spoiler:

Translation:
    Spoiler:

So going by what this says, does it mean we may be seeing the Kalos Pokemon pop up a little later in the early part compared to the older Pokemon? I could easily tell they were trying to appeal to Genwunners here.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    So going by what this says, does it mean we may be seeing the Kalos Pokemon pop up a little later in the early part compared to the older Pokemon? I could easily tell they were trying to appeal to Genwunners here.

Yeah i think so, but i hope the fact new Pokémon will appear later won't affect the number of new pokémon

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    More Mega Evo stat diference info, this time MegaCharizardX

Spoiler:

EDIT: Fairy Badge

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    More Mega Evo stat diference info, this time MegaCharizardX

Spoiler:

Wow those are pretty impressive stats for a Level 53 Mega Charizard X, as shown in the image. It appears to sacrifice a bit of Speed and Sp. Defense (more of the latter) to make up for that boosted Attack.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Wow those are pretty impressive stats for a Level 53 Mega Charizard X, as shown in the image. It appears to sacrifice a bit of Speed and Sp. Defense (more of the latter) to make up for that boosted Attack.

Its speed and sp defense are the same as a normal charizard, so it's not really 'sacrificing' any stats. They're still >100 and pretty daaaaaaamn good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back