• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    A rumor not provided by a leaker though. If Xerneas and Yveltal end the series, then the Cute one who would be an event Pokemon, would be blank in the Pokedex until the distribution too.

Would also be very weird for the third legendary in the set to not be able to hit his two adversaries though. Fairy is immune to Dragon and Flying is immune to ground. If he exists WHY bother getting him when both Xerneas and Yveltal outshine him?

Well Xerneas has a type advantage over one type of Yveltal and this pokemon could still hit both with atleast one type. I'm just saying guys there's still a possibility of a Z legend.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    By the way, I will ask again is there a leak on the national dex? And is there a spot between Noivern's pre evo and it?

Here's the full list, there doesn't seem to be any spot between them.

Spoiler:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I think now is the time to panic that GF is running out of idea since the total number of new Pokémon is less than 100 this gen, and not even the presence of Mega Evolutions can save it. No wonder it's not getting a lot of high scores/perfect 10s from critics. Also, how is TPC going to make the Gen VI movies with very little legendaries introduced? Giving each legendary their own individual film will feel very empty without a Gen VI event legendary co-starring it. This truly our darkest hour for the franchise.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Very disappointed about the 70 new Pokemon. Despite all the great additions to the game and innovations being added, I want to experience different pokemon. GF has put an enormous emphasis on adding to previous generation pokemon and forgot what makes the game fun, Pokemon. I like mega-evolutions, but they should not be the highlight of this gen. There are people out there who like the old days, however imo they are a clear minority. And that's what GF did this time around. They appealed to the minority.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think now is the time to panic that GF is running out of idea since the total number of new Pokémon is less than 100 this gen, and not even the presence of Mega Evolutions can save it. No wonder it's not getting a lot of high scores/perfect 10s from critics. Also, how is TPC going to make the Gen VI movies with very little legendaries introduced? Giving each legendary their own individual film will feel very empty without a Gen VI event legendary co-starring it. This truly our darkest hour for the franchise.

Easy, base the movie around Megas. If there is over 30 Megas then we have over 100 'pokemon' Since GameFreak considers megas new pokemon. That is probably why they didn't make so many. But not really an excuse to not have a Region Trio and Pseudo Legend line, unless one of those pokemon we have seen ends up being a Pseudo legend some how.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I actually REALLY like all the final evo's types and designs, though...is anyone a little bit weirded out by Mega Gengar? I mean...he has the LEVITATE ability, half the time those weird limbs will be floating around all weirdly...I'll still use him though...

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    https://instagram.com/p/fG4dJrE0Hu/

Mega Gardevoir. She pretty much just looks like a chunky Gardevoir, but cute and fabulous nonetheless! I can see her getting lots of hate though :/ also I saw noiverns prevo on ig... Is it confirmed? I think it was called Noibat.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Also I refuse to look at those gym leaders, THAT is not allowed to be seen :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think now is the time to panic that GF is running out of idea since the total number of new Pokémon is less than 100 this gen
    Oh no, only 70 Pokemon? Not including any post-game ones that might crop up, event pokes, the mega evolutions (which will likely number beyond 20 in themselves)? The number of additional features including sky battles, a new region, etc? Yeah, not hitting three digits is a sure sign Pokemon is doomed! -_-

Let's stay a bit calm, people. Just because there's less new Pokemon this gen does not by any means become equivalent to Game Freak having 'run out of ideas'. People have stated this since the 2nd generation, and I don't see them having any problems in making new games since then.

Besides - the number of new Pokemon can always be intentional. It's not like they sat down and could 'only' think of 70 or so new Pokemon. Likely there's a lot more ideas that got shafted, saved for later, and so forth. That's common - Shellos for instance got pushed into 4th gen, as beta designs exist for it within Ruby/Sapphire game code.
    No wonder it's not getting a lot of high scores/perfect 10s from critics. Also, how is TPC going to make the Gen VI movies with very little legendaries introduced? Giving each legendary their own individual film will feel very empty without a Gen VI event legendary co-starring it.
    Rarely do games get perfect tens. Majority of scores are 4/5 or 8-9/10 or better. This does not suggest anything bad at all - in fact their reviews and scores are roughly on par for previous gen games, so I do not at all follow your logic there. =/

Movies will manage just fine. Again, there's event legends that won't be known for a good while - until they're officially announced, in fact. Or maybe the anime/movie writers could try a different tact for a change?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Very disappointed about the 70 new Pokemon. Despite all the great additions to the game and innovations being added, I want to experience different pokemon. GF has put an enormous emphasis on adding to previous generation pokemon and forgot what makes the game fun, Pokemon. I like mega-evolutions, but they should not be the highlight of this gen. There are people out there who like the old days, however imo they are a clear minority. And that's what GF did this time around. They appealed to the minority.
    This is why companies should never listen to the minority, for they tend to ruin the game experience for the majority, as well as the more open-minded fans.

Easy, base the movie around Megas. If there is over 30 Megas then we have over 100 'pokemon' Since GameFreak considers megas new pokemon. That is probably why they didn't make so many. But not really an excuse to not have a Region Trio and Pseudo Legend line, unless one of those pokemon we have seen ends up being a Pseudo legend some how.

I find that cheating, because the stars of the Pokémon movies should strictly be legendaries. The only time where a non-legendary is the star is when they're promoting an upcoming gen like they did with Lucario and Zoroark.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I think now is the time to panic that GF is running out of idea since the total number of new Pokémon is less than 100 this gen, and not even the presence of Mega Evolutions can save it. No wonder it's not getting a lot of high scores/perfect 10s from critics. Also, how is TPC going to make the Gen VI movies with very little legendaries introduced? Giving each legendary their own individual film will feel very empty without a Gen VI event legendary co-starring it. This truly our darkest hour for the franchise.

I'm sorry but this really annoys me. Everyone can have their own opinions but let's not forget the huge strides GF had made with this entry. Also, this game has scored higher than any other Pokemon game IIRC, so your argument about review scores has no basis. It was even called the best instalment in the franchise so far.

This is the most creative Pokémon game Gamefreak has ever made. The online features, quality of life, the size of the region, the stunning and ambitious visuals, the dozens of new game mechanics (riding Pokémon, several new evolution methods, etc)...

For anyone to say that GF is running out of ideas really just annoys me at this point. It's simply not true.

Why do we need another 150 Pokémon? This is the first time GF has been smart about the dex and added only the Pokémon we needed for balance / variety. There are 450 Pokémon obtainable in X&Y BEFORE you beat the Elite 4!!! Is that not enough? Are the old Pokémon suddenly crap? Because it seems like most of the complainers hate the new ones, anyway...

IMO they could've released the game with only the new starters and legendaries and the game would've still been bloody amazing.

Also: MEGA EVOLUTIONS ARE NEW POKEMON. They are new designs, with stat buffs, and in some cases even a change in type. Please stop disregarding them as if they don't count. They may not have Dex numbers, but that doesn't mean GF didn't do any work to create them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    What bother me is the lack of old pokemons evolution that got wasted for mega evolutions. I'm sure gen 7 will have almost no new evo for old pokemon but more mega evolution instead.

DualBlade

The Umbreon Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 24, 2013
    What bother me is the lack of old pokemons evolution that got wasted for mega evolutions. I'm sure gen 7 will have almost no new evo for old pokemon but more mega evolution instead.
    GF said that Kalos' special feature is Mega Evolutions.
    I doubt Gen 7's special feature is also Mega Evolutions too.
    But maybe a bit though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014

I will agree that it seems like they are using Mega evolutions as a scapegoat for real evolutions to older Pokemon that need buffs (any many that absolutely do not need any buffs).

But I think it's just a new thing we will have to get used to. Maybe they don't want to focus all their attention on old stuff anymore.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well Xerneas has a type advantage over one type of Yveltal and this pokemon could still hit both with atleast one type. I'm just saying guys there's still a possibility of a Z legend.

One of them have always had an advantage over another though.

Lugia learned a multitude of Water attacks which gave it the advantage over Ho-oh
    Kyogre had Type advantage over Groudon.
    Dialga had Type resistance over Palkia (Steel vs Water)
    Reshiram and Zekrom were the first without any distinct advantage over one another.
    Xerneas has type advantage over Yveltal.

Only 3 of these have had Third legends associate with the others.

Rayquaza resisted Kyogre's Water and was immune to Groudon's Ground (also resisted his Fire though he wasn't a fire type)
    Giratina had no outward advantage over Dialga or Palkia. Though Dialga resisted Giratina's Ghost type. (though not anymore =D )
    Kyurem and Reshiram were neural to one another due to resistance and weakness checks while Kyurem only had advantage over Zekrom due to Dragon being weak to Ice. (Both were superior to Kyurem stat wise though)

This new Z is inferior to both Xerneas and Yveltal as both are immune to at least one if his types. He'd have to be a crapton stronger than both like...near Mewtwo level strong to make up for this.

Also there is a rumor saying Mewtwo is #150 on the Mountain Dex taking the Regional slot that Z should have which could lead to Z not existing at all as well. We could end with just 717...or we could have a Sinnoh pulled on us and a few more Evolution/Pre-evolutions added after the main legends then lead into another set of legends (the triplets) and the final legend/Event Legend.

We have a lot of past things to go on. And almost no way of identifying any possible events either so we don't know how many if any events are in this game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back