• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, we have Japan, New York and France, where next?

Where should Gen 7 be located?

• Total voters

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I want to see a region like the Caribbean Islands. Each island holding a few towns. They could bring back dive and let you explore shipwrecks.

You know what. I love that idea. I loved diving in R/S/E, and I kinda really miss it, and that sounds great. But a game based soley off Islands I think would kinda bleh some people, dont know why, but it needs a mainland, Like move the islands closer to mexico, and use part of it. There we can have a big city, maybe have the alamo there (Like stone hedge is in egland but is in kalos.)

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I want to see a region like the Caribbean Islands. Each island holding a few towns. They could bring back dive and let you explore shipwrecks.

Or Africa.

The Anime had that in the Orange Island. If you recall there were 7 islands in the Remake of Red and blue

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'd love to see the game be set in a tropical and exotic place, with lots of beaches and oceans. I live in a tropical country myself so I've seen how beautiful places like the Philippines can be, especially in our provinces. :3

I don't want to sound too biased so my second option would be Australia lmao.

Reactions: Sun

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Stereotype the heck out of it too- we have hilarious stereotypes.

I can see it now. The Professor will be called Professor Maple and he'll be very polite to everyone and so will all of the residents of the region. There's stereotypes for you. Plus we'll finally get a moose Pokemon (Stantler and Sawsbuck are deer so they don't count, though they'd be common too.) and a maple syrup Pokemon. And Lumberjack will become a trainer class along with Curler.

Honestly though, I think Canada would be a great place to base a region off . It could be divided into provinces just like the real country and you could explore them individually throughout the game and some during post game. I also think Australia or parts of Africa would be great too.

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
I've actually wanted something from North America, Europe, or Africa. We really haven't seen much of America or Europe (only one region) so if we se two more from there, it would be nice.

Outlier

Australia. I live here and have never even considered that it would make a good landscape for a Pokemon game until I read through this thread. Also that guy who roasted the idea and said the Hilltop Hoods would be the Elite Four members literally had me laughing out loud for minutes. Good job mate ( :

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
You're all going too high class.

I want to see Slough, near London. Just watch the Office (UK) and you'll see. Nothing cooler than catching a Rattata in a trading estate.

Or Glasgow. There's only a 30% chance you survive the story without being stabbed. Each egg you hatch has a 20% chance of being stolen.

Greece. Opponents can't afford to give you any money after a battle?

In all seriousness, I would also like to see Australia. Too many animals/landscapes to be missed. (Plus, there could be LOADS of cricket references...)

Years
Hopefully the UK, that way it would be close to Kalos (Maybe you could go there as well by Ferry and then Channel Tunnel). Aslo the Stone theme could be contined with Stone Henge, A Southhampton or Liverpool based town could be where the SS Anne's Home Port is, The King/Queen/Emperor/Empress of Pokeworld could live in the capital. The Professors lab could be in a Cambridge/Oxford type city. The player could come from a small village in Northern England, Scotland, the West country or Northern Ireland.

Or Germany with a theme of Technology in the cites but more traditional lifestyle in the more rural areas. Also near Kalos.

Or South Korea would be nice.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
CANADA!!!!! Yes! I always thought that Baffin Island would be a cool location, or something that involves the Hudson Bay, or maybe even the Great Lakes (Manitouline Isl., anyone?). :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I love this topic! Here's a few ideas I have :)

Britain Honestly I think this one is the most likely. So much culture, but at the same time industrialized. Sounds like the perfect place to base a Pokemon region on. This would give the opportunity to have something that we haven't actually seen yet: medieval and celtic style castles and landscapes. And the best part? You could travel south to Kalos! I've been dying to have a Pokemon game where you can backtrack to a previous region.

Canada It'd be cool to have a colder region be the basis for a Pokemon game again. Plus it'd be really cool to have a city based on Montreal that has a full Underground like that one city in Orre (the name of which currently escapes me).

Florida Swamplands! Really dense swamplands would be great to explore, and a good environment for Pokemon. And it'd be an epic basis for a cool plot. Imagine this: imagine in the sea south of the region, ships that go through it mysteriously disappear (Bermuda triangle). Imagine that in reality, it's actually the work of a Pokemon. Imagine if, after defeating the Elite Four, you can go on a mission to capture that Pokemon. Once captured, ships can safely travel and you can take a boat to a new region: an archipelago (I really liked the Sevii Islands in FR and LG, and I've been hoping something like it would appear in later games).

Aaaand, as others have suggested, you could go into space. Say, on a rocket that commutes back and forth to the moon? (reference to the Kennedy Space Center).

As for Africa and Australia, I think they'd be more suited to side games. I'm not sure why, but they remind me of regions that side games would be based on. Like Pokemon Safari or something. Just my opinion though!

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Spain Why? First, I live there. Second, there would be tauros all over the place (?)
Third, Madrid could be called Koffingdrid and be infested with koffings and gastlys when the pollution "beret", as we call it here, It´s basicly a pollution cloud, rises over Madrid.
Australia Why? I just loove platypuses and I realyy wanna see a platypus pokemon

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Phillipines! {:3}
To the fact that we have different exotic animals that can be featured and our landscapes are just amazing!
Such as:
Spoiler:

Animals such as
Spoiler:

Thats what i thought! ^^ ^_^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I would really like there to be a region based off Greenland. I think it would be really interesting to have an entire region set somewhere with ice all around.

CrowSvenson

DarkTrainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
Great Britain and Ireland. Or Germany. Russia COULD work... maybe even Australia.
Yeah, Australia would be awesome.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I was thinking a region based on some place in South America. I am by no means an expert on the continent, but I think it has a variety of things that could make for an interesting region. The wildlife is very diverse, so that could inspire a whole new set of pokémon. Legends can even be based on ancient civilizations, such as the Inca or Maya. The geography might be fun to explore in a game as well, from tropical rain forests, mountainous cliffs, and small archipelagoes to ancient ruins and large modernized cities. I'd especially love to see the Nazca Lines in pokémon form.

kha111

Upcoming Video Game Master
Years

How about they do Los Angeles or San Francisco? A region based of Los Angeles county would be boss, and the U.S Bank Tower could serve as a battle tower. And the Stapels Center can be like B/W2's PWT with all gym leaders, elite four and champions from all gens. That would be great.

kha111

Upcoming Video Game Master
Years
New Region Setting

Ive been doing some thinking and i think I should specalate the new region stereotyping by Game Freak. We've been to Japan, NYC and France and what region shall be next. Look no other than...Los Angeles. (Sorry i dont have any pics, dont know how yet to post them and have to hav 15 posts or more.

Los Angeles is one of the largest cities in the U.S and probably the most diverse in the country. Home to blockbuster movies, amazing schools, headquarters to famous companies and lots of sun and great beaches and plenty to do.

The reason why the next region/next gen or sequel should take place here is because of the neighborhoods in L.A, travel, hobbies, commerce and lots of forests and some mountainside and a amazing ocean. Gamefreak can really pull it off here and make something amazing instead of something plain and annoying.

Los Angeles and all of southern California is a great place and Gamefreak can stereotype it to the bone. Imagine it: urban cityscape, vast oceans, dark forests and rugged mountainside. This way, Gamefreak can really make creative pokemon and not some retarted ice cream or a lava lamp kind of thing. From urban slums to amazing sprawling cities.....I can see it.

What gamefreak can do is that it can make the freeways and we can travel by car, bus or subway possibily catch a flight to good ol Kalos or Unova or any other region. They can also extend the game length or put in more post game stuff. The U.S bank tower can be a battle tower with great views of the region. The Staples Center can be another PWT, but you can battle all gym leaders, elite four and champions fron all past gens. The observatory in the hills can be a medieval battle facility with never before seen trainers and lots of rewards for succeeding. The Pacific Ocean can be filled with both old and new Pokemon and trainers wanting to get wet in the warm weather. Hard to explain, but a game in L.A would be MIND BLOWIN. Lemme know what ya think.

Back