• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So... What languages do you know?

pr0udy

Wannabe Hacker
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2020
    Studying GSCE French at the moment. I'm not exactly fabulous with my grammar and I often forget words, but I've been told I've got a pretty good accent. ^^" I also dabbled in Spanish for a few months a couple of years ago, but I can't remember much of that.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • Java, BASIC, a bit of C++, a little Python, HTML, some CSS, a small bit of Javascript, Windows batch file scripting, and Bash scripting.
    LOL @ this.
    Bueno pues yo se Español ya que es mi lengua natal(Soy de Mexico xD) and I know English too! I wanna study some Japanese soon =P
    I also know Java, Python, CSS and HTML =P

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I can read, write and speak English very well, I can also understand some lebanese and Italian. I can read, write and speak turkish very well too. So I can't really say I am good at learning laguages but I know a few.

Last edited:

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • I can understand bits and pieces of Japanese. Not whole phrases or the like. Just the occasional word here and there, like onii-san and onee-san. I also know the the names of all twelve animals in the Chinese Zodiac thanks to Naruto. I also know a tiny bit of Spanish, and hello in French.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Well, besides English, I'm fluent in Sarcasm, learning Spanish, my Internet Slang is alright, I somewhat understand street Slang (it changes so much) and Yoruba, I loosely speak Slang but not Yoruba :)

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Mandarin Chinese, though I have a terrible English accent in it and most people think it's even more skewed by my Taiwanese accent. I can speak and converse fluently in Chinese, but I can't read or write.

Japanese and French are two other languages that I'm semi-fluent in.
    And if you count English, that too.

harmonic ♫

red is a pain in the a'
    Years
  • broken Vietnamese, that's the language I speak in so serve customers.

Spanish, annd a bit of japanese.

'bout it.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • English only, I never learned to speak Creole or South African, which are my native tongues. I wish I had. Damn.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • I've taken three years of Spanish at high school, but I wouldn't say I am fluent in it. I could translate mostly, but I couldn't have a coherent conversation with anyone. All I remember is how to conjugate verbs, to be honest.

I'm still learning English because even though it's my first language, and I've been using it most of my life, everyone still has to take classes for it. Especially me because I'm an English major. 8D

And I've learned Japanese at my local Kumon Learning Center for four years which was pretty helpful even though I was primarily learning vocabulary in order to understand it. Now, it's much easier for me to learn it in my college class (since language classes in college are very fast-paced). I'm currently taking my second semester of Japanese at college which would mean I should know all the Japanese an elementary student should know by the time I'm done.

Misaka Shiori

Irresistibly Cute
    Years
  • Despite of myself being Chinese, I only know English since I was born in the US and never got the chance to learn it. Maybe someday along with Japanese.

In terms of computing languages, I know Visual Basic (including VB.net and RealBasic), HTML and I'm trying to teach myself Objective-C so I can make some native Cocoa applications on Mac OS X.

Back