• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Solo Run Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I would like to try this! Sounds fun! trying to decide between Infernape, Weavile, Gyarados, or Staraptor, but staraptor is low on my list. oh, and then there's spiritomb? Is there one for HGSS? considering there's two regions, that would be much harder.
    EDIT: nvmnd, I'm getting impatient so I'll try Infernape and change if it gets too hard.
    EDIT2: I'm playing platinum btw, june 10, 2010, Blaaz the chimchar and I:
    I got blaaz
    raised it up to lv. 8
    and saved on Route 202, after dawn shows you how to catch a pokemon.
    (I know I didn't do a whole lot but I didn't have a whole lot of time to do anything in anyway

Edit3:
    June 11, 2010
    Blaaz the Monferno (yes it evolved)
    Chimchar evolved either in or before Oreburgh Gate
    beat Roark on the first try
    I caught a bidoof as an HM slave
    I plan to catch some flying pokemon as another HM slave
    Beat the galactic grunt in front of the valley windworks.

June 17th Blaaz the monferno
    Defeated Mars
    got through eterna forest
    beat eterna gym (how was it not possible)
    saved at eterna city

btw, can anyone tell me how to put in images in my posts?

Blaaz the monferno
    level 28
    ability-blaze
    flame wheel
    grass knot
    mach punch
    leer

Last edited:

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    Joining

Name-Silver
    Rival- Pearl
    Infernape Lv. 55
    Moves-Flame Wheel, Arial Ace, Close Combat, Earthquake
    Badges-7
    Location- Mt. Coronet
    Hm Slaves- Starly:Fly; Snover:Cut, RockClimb; Roselia:Flash, in case of double battle; Sheildon: Rock Smash, Strength; Buizle:Surf

Akita

Returned
    Years
    Akita wants to join the fun...

Solo Run:
    Name: Akita
    Rival: Zander
    Pokemon: Gypsy the Glacia

-Received Turtwig
    -Pwned Rival, then wiped the floor with his Chimchar
    -Got to the point where I could trade
    -Traded a random Shinx for my Glacia from Diamond at lv.5
    -Began challenge in Sandgem town
    -Arrived in Jubilife city *saves*

Gypsy Lv9
    Quiet Nature
    Protect
    Dig
    Natural Gift
    Return

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Okay il join with chimchar if im accepted trainer name sean :D

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Just beat the trainer school in jubilife my chimchar is now lv10 next stop oreburgh city :D

Akita

Returned
    Years
    You mean a Glaceon? Glacia is the Elite Four Trainer. You're both accepted, though.

Yeah, I guess it is Glaceon. My Diamond is in French and I couldn't remember what Glaceon was supposed to be called XD

Progress:
    -Glaceon stopped listening to me at lv. 11 (oh fail XP)
    -Traded for Egg.
    -After Walking in circles for a while, the Egg hatched (Me: Finally.)
    -My new solo runner is Pain the Lv. 1 recently evolved Delcatty

Pain (female) Lv. 1
    Rash Nature
    Often Scatters things.

That is all for now.

Last edited:

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Just beat the secong gym after catching a geodude as a hm slave then got monferno to lv28 and thats all folks :D

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'll join this with an Exploud on Diamond. I'm going to trade a Whismur egg over from my other Diamond. I'm going to start in the morning (might get the egg ready tonight though).

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Just got to hearthome city monferno now at lv31 i have 3 hm slaves for later in the game geodude budew and buizel :)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Quick update:

I have a Level 21 (or 22; I forgot) Loudred and have one badge and I'm just under Florma Town.

EDIT:
    Loudred (nicknamed Valor) is now level 31 and I'm in the Eterna Galactic Building.

Last edited:

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Just got to veilstone city and my awsome monfrno is now at lv33 :)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I have the 3rd badge and Valor is now an Exploud at level 46. Currently South of Veilstone.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Yey, Can I Join If so ?:)
    Im Using Platinum Version
    Im going to Trade over Newly Hatched UT bagon from my HG And Start Tomorrow :)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I've gotten the fourth badge. Valor the Exploud is now Level 52, and I'm in Hearthome heading to the gym! EDIT: Nevermind, I'm flying back to Pastoria. I forgot to follow the grunt around and battle my rival and such.

EDIT: Ok, right now I'm at Lake Verity battling Team Galactic. I've gotten my 5th badge - easy by using Crunch!, my 6th badge - Flamethrower, and my 7th badge - Flamethrower, again. Valor is currently at lv.70 and knows the moves Crunch, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and Earthquake. I'll update once I get the next badge! I'll probably kill Dialga for the experience (and every other legendary; I have them all in my other Diamond cartridge!).

EDIT: I've beaten the 8th gym and I just started on Victory Road. Valor is level 85 (15 from 100!!) I'm off to bed now so in the morning I'll finish Victory Road and attack the elite four!

EDIT: Gahhh!! Why does no one else update?! Anyways, I've finished Victory Road and I finally got Valor to Lv.100 by grinding and grinding and grinding. I've bought all of my needed items and I deposited all of my HM slaves into the box. I'm going to try to do it without switching in an HM slave to heal and stuff. If that doesn't work I'll soft reset and try with the slaves. Wish me luck!

EDIT: Well, I've finished. The Elite Four really wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Anyways, here is the long drawn out battle record for the Elite Four:

Spoiler:

And here is Valor, the Exploud's, final stats.

Type: Normal
    OT: deku
    ID No.: 19112
    Exp. Points: 1059860
    Ribbons: Sinnoh Champ Ribbon ; Footprint Ribbon

Valor (Exploud) @ Lucky Egg
    Lv. 100 ; Quiet
    HP 343 / Atk 212 / Def 171 / SpA 258 / SpD 155 / Spd 178
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Earthquake

Last edited:

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    Hey, sorry I forgot I was doing charmander on this challenge :(

But I'd like to try it again with another pokemon, I'm thinking Larvitar - Tyranitar, but that could be difficult to find.. also I haven't used one before. Either that or I go with Spheal - Walrein. Still not decided yet :)

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    I am interested in this challange... though I'll probably take part tomorrow as it's quite later over here. I'll play my Platinum copy and I'll be doing the solo run with Bibarel (which'll evolve from Bidoof obviously).

Edit: I forgot to add something. I was looking through the rules... and I was wondering, are we allowed to use HM Slaves when doing the Solo challange? Just asking because I've noticed it's not on the front page. :/

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I am interested in this challange... though I'll probably take part tomorrow as it's quite later over here. I'll play my Platinum copy and I'll be doing the solo run with Bibarel (which'll evolve from Bidoof obviously).

Edit: I forgot to add something. I was looking through the rules... and I was wondering, are we allowed to use HM Slaves when doing the Solo challange? Just asking because I've noticed it's not on the front page. :/

Yeah, just don't use them in battle. You can however in a double battle, or to switch in to revive/heal your runner. I had like four of them XD.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back