• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Solo Run Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Awesome! Well, anyway, I continue:

UPDATE:
    After beating Misty, I bought ten Poke Balls and went north. After a bit of searching/grinding, I finally managed to capture an Abra. After healing, I then used Abra to perform the Mew Glitch. Nidoking's Poison Sting was enough to weaken but not kill Mew, and I caught it easily with a Poke Ball. I named it SLAVE! and deposited Abra in the PC.

I then set out for the south after depositing a few items. I picked up the Bike Voucher in Vermilion and then boarded the S.S. Anne, using my chosen Pokemon and fulfilling the challenge requirements. I defeated all of the trainers and found all of the items; Gary was a piece of cake and I got the Cut HM, which I taught to SLAVE!; I also taught Nidoking Body Slam from a TM I'd found. With Cut in my arsenal, I then proceeded to the Vermilion Gym.

Lt. Surge
    Luckily, since Nidoking is part Ground, I had a huge advantage in this Gym. I got stuck on the stupid puzzle for quite some time, but eventually made it to the Leader after defeating his Trainers. Voltorb went down to a single Body Slam, and Pikachu was dispatched with Bubblebeam and Body Slam. A single Thrash, with a Critical Hit, was enough to get rid of Raichu. I was then proud to add a Thunderbadge to my Trainer Card! Taught Thunderbolt to Nidoking in place of Poison Sting.

UPDATE:
    Following my battle with Lt. Surge, I immediately went east to Route 11. I battled all of the trainers there for some extra experience. Next, I proceeded through Diglett's Cave, emerging back on Route 2, where I realized that I would need three more Pokedex entries to get the required 10 for Flash. First, I withdrew the Abra I'd used to get Mew and traded it for Mr. Mime; after this, I bought a bunch of Poke Balls and caught a Metapod and a Ratatta in the nearby area. After depositing all of those extra Pokemon, I got HM 05 and taught it to Mew. I went back through Mt. Moon and got my Bike in Cerulean City; then, I was able to go east toward Rock Tunnel, battling the trainers on the way. Rock Tunnel itself was a challenge in that I ran out of Bubblebeam PP about halfway through the cave, making it difficult to beat those selfdestructing Gravelers on the Hikers' teams! Luckily, I made it to Lavender with some HP still remaining on Nidoking. I quickly healed and headed south for more experience (and to test out Thunderbolt) before going west to Celadon. Here, after healing, I went to the top floor of the department store and bought Fresh Water and Lemonade, giving the water to the girl for the Ice Beam TM, which I taught to Nidoking over Body Slam. Team Rocket's hideout was next, and I went through it with ease; Giovanni went down to a few Bubblebeams and a Thrash, and Nidoking hit level 50. After this, I went to the Gym and prepared to challenge Erika.

Erika
    Nidoking's brand-new Ice Beam technique proved handy in this Gym, although its lack of PP meant that I would have to conserve it for the Gym Leader. Erika's trainers all went down pretty easily to Thrash, and Erika herself only required a single Ice Beam per Pokemon. Victory was mine, but the TM prize wasn't quite as useful as the previous two had been, so I deposited it.

Next up was Lavender Town. I healed and went into Pokemon Tower; by this time, Gary was a piece of cake. I climbed the tower battling Channelers as I went, facing a challenge in conserving PP as Thrash was ineffective against Ghosts. I got the Poke Flute, healed, and went south, KOing Snorlax for some EXP. I then took the eastern route down to Fuschia. Before facing Koga, I healed and went into the Safari Zone to grab the gold teeth, but I ran out of steps 3 squares away from the Surf house (>.<) so I had to redo the Safari Zone. I also caught a Paras just for fun, which I quickly deposited. Koga himself was easy, although I found myself healing twice due to his Jugglers (Drowzee and Hypno's Psychics took a big chunk out of Nidoking.) Koga went down handily to a few Thunderbolts and Thrashes, and soon the Soulbadge was mine! I then taught Mew Strength, and gave Surf to Nidoking to replace Bubblebeam.

Continuing on, I decided it was time to tackle Sliph Co. and Saffron City. I originally planned to teach Psychic to Nidoking, so I headed to Mr. Psychic's house, but then I remembered that Nidoking couldn't learn it. Oh well. Before facing the PP endurance marathon that is Silph, I challenged the Fighting Dojo. Went down quickly to a bunch of Thrashes, and I took Hitmonlee and deposited it. Thanks to Thrash, I managed to get most of Silph cleared out, making it to the 9th floor in time to refresh, and gathering up a bunch of items, including the Earthquake TM. This I taught to Nidoking, replacing Thrash and filling out my final moveset for him. Ice Beam was able to make short work of Gary's Venusaur, and the rest of his team was easy, I named the Lapras "Bob" and deposited him. Giovanni was a pushover, but I did get a Master Ball in return! After Silph, there was only one thing to do...

Sabrina
    GAH! I forgot how much I hate this Gym and its stupid tile puzzle. I must have ended up in the same room at least four times before I got anywhere. Oh well, at least it was worth some nice EXP. Sabrina's Alakazam actually gave me trouble, took two Earthquakes after it set up a Reflect. Luckily, Nidoking didn't get hurt too badly, and so the Marshbadge (sp?) was mine.

Now time to sail the seven seas...or two sea Routes, whatever. For the experience and cash, I flew to Fuschia and headed south, battling every Swimmer I could find. I didn't feel like tackling Seafoam just yet, so I flew to Pallet and took the back way to Cinnabar, fighting Swimmers along this route as well. I even went and met up with Seafoam on the west end for the added trainer experience. I also revived my Dome fossil and deposited it for the lulz. The Mansion wasn't too hard, lots of annoying Muk and Weezing everywhere though. Nidoking had to go and restore his PP twice before I got to the Secret Key. With Key in hand, up next was Blaine!

Blaine
    Surf and Earthquake utterly destroyed this Gym. I fought all of the trainers, intentionally got the quiz wrong ("Tombstony?" WTF?) and beat Blaine handily. Considered giving Fire Blast to Nidoking but then decided against it. With the Volcanobadge in my possession, only one more stands between me and the League!
    Giovanni
    Viridian was only a short Fly away (on the back of a Mew, of all things :P). I healed up and entered the gym. There were quite a few trainers in this gym, and so my biggest challenge was conserving PP. Giovanni went down easily to a few Surfs and Earthquakes, and I had my Earthbadge in hand.
    Next was the Pokemon League! I didn't even bother to restore PP, but headed directly west and confronted my rival. One-shotted pretty much everything he had. Nidoking hit level 79 during this battle, and I used a Rare Candy I had found somewhere along the line to add an additional level to him. I then went back and healed Nidoking before the task that would be Victory Road, and killed a Ditto for the lulz along the way, passing all of the badge checkpoints. Victory Road was perhaps my biggest PP-conserving challenge (I had made up my mind not to leave until I made it to Indigo) and toward the end I ran out of PP for all of my moves. Luckily, Nidoking was level 84 by this time and easily destroyed the rest of the opposition with nothing but struggle (LOL!) Upon reaching Indigo Plateau, I deposited Slave! and all non-healing/PP restoring items. Then I prepared to confront the E4.

The Elite Four
    The entire Elite four basically boiled down to being one giant type-matching test. Lorelei was defeated by a string of Thunderbolts, although her Jynx annoyingly survived one and managed to Ice Punch and freeze(!) me, making me waste a turn and a Full Heal. This was the only time Nidoking took damage. Bruno's Onix were drowned with Surf, and his Fighters died to one Earthquake each, since nothing I had was super-effective. Agatha died to four Earthquakes and an Ice Beam (for Golbat), and Ice Mean and Thunderbolt destroyed Lance's Dragons and Gyarados. Gary was interesting; my Surf actually missed against his Arcanine, but then he decided to be an idiot and use Roar. Epic fail. With him gone, I became the new Champion!
    (It was also fun seeing the Hall of Fame scroll by with only one Pokemon.)

Nidoking FINAL (Post-Mewtwo):
    Current Level: 88
    Current Moveset: Earthquake, Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt
    Current Stats: ATK 236, DEF 220, SPD 236, SPEC 217, HP 300

Challenge Complete!

:t254: Sceptile0111 :t254:

Last edited:

CRaTeR

Emperor of Aragon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2015
    I'm probably going to be updating every two badges.

-After a good playthrough of Mega Man on the SNES, I headed downstairs.
    -Like any good kid, I ignored my mother and hastily ran outside.
    -I was dragged away from Route 1 by Prof. Oak and handed a Squirtle (for the extra challenge of Bulbasaur).
    -After delivering the parcel, I was given a PokeDex.
    -I bought several Pokeballs, as I was unsure of Krabby's catch rate.
    -Caught a Krabby with the first ball, so I sold the rest of the wasted balls back to the shop.
    -I grinded Krabby to level 12 and then released Squirtle into the wild. I hear he started a gang near Vermillion.
    -I challenged Blue on Route 22, but alas!, Krabby only knew Bubble and Leer. Pidgey went down without much trouble, but Bulbasaur's Leech Seed and Tackle far outweighed Krabby's Bubble.
    -Realizing that he had me trumped, I headed to Viridian Forest.
    -I had to backtrack several times due to only having one attack, which inconveniently kept running out of PP.
    -I reached Pewter with a poisoned Krabby. He dropped to 1 health just outside of the Pokemon Center. I knew I wouldn't make it. I looked in my bag and realized that I had an Antidote.
    -After the ensuing rage, I challenged Brock and won easily.

Solo Run Challenge

-Still armed with just Bubble, I constantly had to rush back to Pewter to heal. Eventually I just bought some Potions.
    -Inside of Mt. Moon, I found Water Gun and taught it to Krabby so he'd have another attack.
    -A few minutes later he reached Level 20 and learned Vicegrip.
    -After handing the PokeNerd's ass to him, I took the Helix Fossil and swiftly proceeded to dump it into the PC.
    -I had a rematch against Blue on Nugget Bridge.
    -After defeating his Pidgeotto, Krabby learned the art of decapitation. A quick Guillotine left Blue's Abra headless. Rattata and Bulbasaur were defeated by Krabby's Vicegrip.
    -A battle with the Hiker near the Seismic Toss TM raised Krabby to level 28, allowing him to evolve into an even bigger crab.
    -I caught Bill engaging in auto-erotic furry cosplay. I thought perhaps it was a joke, but he assured me that he was "not joshing me." I left him inside the teleporter and swiped the S.S. Anne ticket from his desk.
    -I attempted to behead Misty's Pokemon, but they had radial symmetry, and thus no head. Therefore, I had Kingler squeeze the life out of them with Vicegrip.

Solo Run Challenge

-As Misty mourned her newly-deceased Pokemon, I pushed her into the pool and grabbed the nearby TM11.
    -I replaced Kingler's ability to spit bubbles with the ability to spit more bubbles.

I think I'm gonna go get a Mew as an HM slave.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    Username: .Kaiser
    Pokemon: Pikachu FTW
    Game: Yellow of course

I want that yellow rat following me everywhere ;D

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Username: institutions
    Pokemon: Primeape
    Game: Yellow

I don't have a real copy of yellow, so i'll be using a emulator (don't worry, not to cheat) and i'll most likely have a Mew as an HM slave.
    I'll start tomorrow.

EDIT: I forgot that on an emulator, games go by quickly since you can hold down SPACE and it'll multiply the speed by like 5 million. So I got pretty far into my Mankey/Primeape challenge.

Update 1

Spoiler:

That's my ending point for the day.

Current:
    Snargles the Mankey
    Level 23
    Scratch, Fury Swipes, Low Kick, Karate Chop

Update 2 (Final One)

Spoiler:

Sorry I didn't take more screenshots, I was too engrossed in playing :D
    I didn't record my final time, but it was around 17:40-18:00.

Snargles' Final level: 83.

Solo Run Challenge

(Totally copied you ;D)

Last edited:

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Hurrah, there is a thread for this! I just found my Blue cartridge and wanted to give something of the sort a go! =]

Username: Pokémon Ranger Moriarty
    Pokemon:
    Squirtle -> Wartortle -> Blastoise
    Game: Pokémon Blue

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2010
    Username: What???
    Pokemon: Nidoran M -> Nidoking
    Game: Blue Version
    In-game name: BLUE
    Rival: RED

First post on my new account :P

Big update coming up soon.

*EDIT*
    Didn't want to double post so just edited.

-Got my starter Pokemon, Nidoran (Gameshark code).
    -Beat RED's Bulbasaur
    -Delivered Oak's parcel
    -Got a Pokedex
    -Through Viridian forest
    -Defeated Brock in Pewter City
    -Nidoran Evolves into Nidorino
    -Through Mt. Moon
    -Nidorino evolves into Nidoking
    -Defeated Misty
    -Defeated RED by Nugget Bridge
    -Defeated all the trainers on Nugget Bridge and met Bill
    -Went to Vermillion City
    -Defeated all of the trainers on the SS Anne including RED and got HM01
    -Defeated Lt. Surge
    -Went through Rock Tunnel
    -Went through Lavender town to Celadon City
    -Defeated Erica
    -In Rocket hideout now

Have 4 gym badges
    Nidoking is level 50 with the attacks:
    Tackle
    Poison Sting
    Horn Attack
    Bubblebeam

I would post pictures but I need to make 15 posts first.

*phew* that was fun. I'll update after a couple more badges.

Last edited:

potatoman12

That Annoying Guy
    Years
    Potatoman12-
    Charizard. Blue Version. LET'S DO THIS. :|
    Grinded until Charmeleon, beat Brock. Ran out of quite a bit of PP in Mt. Moon, but made it out safely. Lost to Gary 3, then taught it Mega Punch and won easily. Beat Misty with a trio of Mega Punches, got to Vermilion. Evolved into Charizard, beat Gary 4, taught it Dig, caught a Bellsprout for Cut, and beat Lt. Surge. Got through Rock Tunnel and trainers with 2 PP left, learned FT, and beat Erika Easily. Got Silph Scope, currently heading to Fuschia.
    Level 59 @_@

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Sorry for the gravedig, but I beat it with Venusaur. I fainted twice (once against Gary the second time you can fight him, and once right after pewter because i forgot to heal). Oh well, here's the screenshot.
    Solo Run Challenge

Everybody, this is Venusaur. He knows Razor Leaf, Mega Drain, Cut, and Body Slam. His friends are Pidgey the HM Slave and Lapras the HM Slave.

.Hoenn

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    oh god
    Spoiler:

I dont take screenies, but I have completed all of the above.

Hey people, just beat it with diglett :)

Last edited:

joeyijoeyi

Poison Monotype - SS
    Years
    ooh... looks like fun!

EDIT: switched to Nidoran (M)

Username: joeyijoeyi
    Pokemon: Nidoran (M) -> Nidoking
    Game:Red

I'll do my first update soon.

Last edited:
    Status