• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Something You Might Not Know about Gold/Silver

abood321

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Thank god they didn't quit, because the gba series was my favorite.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I never knew that the original designer left after the second generation. I guess that would explain a lot... I'm a really hardcore fan of the second generation. I like things about every generation, but number 2 is my hardcore addiction. The others couldn't compare. Not even come close. My first Pokemon game was Gold, and Gold made the whole Pokemon world look amazing to me. But your topic name is right... I did not know this.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    If they stopped at 2nd gen
    imagine the state of us hackers would be in??

BusterTheFox

Pokemon Intruder
    Years
    Wow. I still remember how excited I was about Ruby and Sapphire when they came out. It was so different and new compared to everything I had known about pokemon back then...

And now look, Pokemon has gone so far that the ones they original planned to end with have been completly re-made on a revolutionary system 10 years from the originals release! (Or something like that, it was 10 years, right? XD Lesse, if Crystal was in 2001, then...plus 3...carry the 2...) They probably had NO CLUE of anything like contests or the Pokeathlon back in the day. As for some of the earlier comments, I too agree that Nintendo has dropped the ball a bit with DP. As far as design. But. You've played through Platinum's story, right...? The design is really the only thing that has been lacking in my opinion.

Also, it seems a lot of people are happy with pokemon with as many as there are now. As such, there are still plenty of ideas to go with pokemon....like the ever popular go-to-all-the-regions game idea.....This is really getting me wondering about how Black and White will be. XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Awesome, I wish it did end then. PC would've still existed, just less idiots. I still probably would've joined, life would be great. I loved Johto... and yeah, a few of my favourites came from Hoenn, but oh well, without it, wouldn't have mattered. Although... PC would've still got the rom hacking people in hope of the G/S remakes. That wouldn't have been so bad. Damn, that really should've been done. XD;

Also. Slowpoke.

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
    I knew the anime (And everything else) was supposed to stop at season 1 but it was such a HUGE hit it continued but I didnt know this about Gen.2, wow I may be only 12 but I played crystal for hours and hours and hours and hours (five hours later) and hours on end. Man the way they made them, good times, I still like the shows but where I am there only on at 8 AM on saturday at 12:00 PM, I wish i lived in USA, CN ftw! Anyways, the anime was going downhill at Gen.3 but the games were still awesome. Anime is decent still

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
    We don't need to worry about Pokemon disappearing. That won't happen. They are always comming, more and more! And that is awsome! We all know that there is already a new generation comming out, and after that... Certainly another and another will appear :D

Celest8

Lance/Wataru's Stalker
    Years
    Honestly, I'm glad they didn't stop at the 2nd generation, since that's when I first started getting into Pokemon. Although that doesn't prevent me from agreeing that it's sort of starting to go downhill now. Not to mention the anime...oh God. Lol. Oh well. Kind of anxious to see how the 5th generation games will turn out, but...not really, all the same, y'know? =/

Ecstatic

Chilling out.
    Years
    Honest to god, I would mind it. Not because I disliked the first two Generations, but because we wouldn't be able to feel the nostalgia we feel today when we look back at these things, would we? If we only had those games, there would be nothing to look back at, making it, somewhat boring. So, I think it's nice they made Hoenn, I enjoy playing through Hoenn, I also enjoyed playing Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. I'm sure I will enjoy playing pokemon Black/White too, just, it won't beat the classics, but that's why we have the Nostalgia. So I'm thankful it didn't end on the II Generation.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Wow, I bet that they say that a lot. People keep saying that each generation might be their last. But this was for the better, because they came out with RSE ^^

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    I do believe Pokemon was at its prime during the Johto saga, and normally I would agree that it could have very well stopped there and everyone would be happy... But I just can't. Take a good hard look at my avatar and signature, and figure out why I can't say that... (Hint: It has to do with what came after GSC...)

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    I read this somewhere a few weeks ago.
    I personally agree it should have stopped.
    Even though Emerald was my first game and Milotic is awesome..
    Point taken it was an Emerald hack that had the Kanto starters as the starters so.

Michfan

Bodacious Intellectual
    Years
    I agree with MartianOddity. Up until, say, 9/11, Pokemon was at its PRIME. 251 Pokemon would have been a great place to stop, even though us 10 year old kids at the time would have been crying our guts out.

Dragon Lady

Dragon Tamer Dei
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    I'm glad they didn't stop making games. It's an addiction I won't ever be able to let go of. I've been playing for a decade to my mother's dismay. Shrugs. I think the anime should have stopped after the johto. I don't know most of the pokemon in sinnoh or hoenn unless I really like them (ex. I know every dragon type pokemon there is to know). But another region means another anime series.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    After reading that, I'm so happy they didn't stop, HG / SS would have never been made ... none of the remakes or new Pokemon would have been made.

But on the other hand, Pokemon wouldn't have taken over my life. This site wouldn't had been made / thrived. :[

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
    I kinda have mixed feelings about this, on one hand, it would have been a great place to stop and it would have spared me the irrepressible memories of R/S/E (I hate those games with a vengeance) :P
    But we wouldn't have developed the uncontrolable hunger for more pokes, more places, more gyms, more leaders, more types, and the list goes on.

The community would never have pulled together. :S
    Overall I suppose it IS good they didnt stop, but theres still that feeling of, 'what if?'

Back